Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭bricksNDmortar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

Irish banks are charging for cash withdrawals on a Revolut card from their ATMs.Or is it a government fee that I was done for? Withdrawal in Feb this year.There was no e200 allowance for "free" withdrawals for me.Other info--all EU banks appear to be charging for all withdrawals on any Irish card-debit or credit,revolut or any other since 2021.Your Irish bank will tell you that is the foreign banks policy now and nothing to with them.I suppose all freebies have to end sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Was is 12c? That's stamp duty. Every bank charges you this, just normally all at once in the beginning of the year. Revolut charges each time, which I find much handier.

Its new for my revolut card.I keep atm transactions to a minimum on my other cards for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

This isn’t true fwiw. Your post is a bit all over the place

I’ve withdrawn in an european country (EU) with my PTSB debit and my Revolut card without any charge this week

Now obviously some ATMs in europe charge a fee but this isn’t new and isn’t related to the cards being Irish. I always try to only use bank linked ATMs and not the ‘euronet’ (etc) machines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

genuine question…. Has anyone ever successfully received the introduction (refer a friend) offer from revolut ?

I was personally referred by a friend. He was promised a €60 referral . I spent hundreds of €€€ on the card as per arrangement. Got an excuse and F.Off email from the company.

I referred 4 friends since as an experiment under the same promise of a referral fee and guess what … same wishy washy excuse and nada in regards to a fee paid out.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭crinkley

Yeah I’ve got it 4 times and the last time I was with the person when they made their final necessary transaction and it was almost instant that the 60 euro was in my account

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭tipperary

Got a new card recently, but have had a few issues where the card is not recognised in card machines? Its happened a few times now, wondering is the card a little thinner without the raised numbering and not being recognised?

I use only irish cards when in the eu.I did not imply(nor wish to) that the charges apply to irish cards only.I used term "irish" here because I assumed everyone posting here would be using irish cards in the eu.I do not ever use private atms.charges at eu atms are new for me.my bank also informed me that they are a new introduction.By strange coincidence I used ptsb and revolut among others such as b of i and u b.all were subject to a withdrawal fee-notified onscreen.you must be a special customer of ptsb to avoid fees.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Charges at regular ATMs are becoming more and more common in many countries. For instance, you'll struggle to find an ATM in Spain these days that doesn't charge cards from other banks a few euro a pop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks. Another n00b question. How does the card know which currency I'm on i.e. that it'll pick the right when I tap when I'm away? Whichever one is selected when I open the app? Have added US dollars to it now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

The card reader or terminal will dictate the currency and Revolut will just sort the conversion

Usually just leave it in Euros unless buying something specific

Just make sure you have enough of whatever currency you have for the purchases. Can’t mix n match currencies for one transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I’m not. It depends on the ATM. A lot do charge but it isn’t mandatory and it isn’t because the cards are Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭avud

Have a few queries on revolut if anyone can help out.

If I top up my revolut account with a credit card will the credit card transaction be charged at the higher rate similar to a cash withdrawal ?

On a junior revolut account has the junior as app similar to say my standard app as well as having their own app. ?

Do I have to have another bank account to top up my revolut ?

And finally can I withdraw from a standard account ? I'm assuming I need a revolut card linked to the account.

Thanks for any help given on my queries

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Seen a thread on twitter with alot of issues with fraudulent activity on accounts and difficulty getting in sorted with Revolut. Has anybody experienced this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I saw that thread and I see similar stuff posted now and again. I've had Revolut for several years now and have had to deal with customer service a few times. I've moved country so had to change address, had money taken from my card at an foreign ATM that didn't actually dispense it, had to provide tax details that I didn't have, and each issue was solved promptly. During that time I've had issues with two Irish banks that dragged on and on and took months to sort out. My Irish credit card is due to expire this month and past experience tells me I won't receive a new one and it'll take ages and numerous phone calls before I get one, maybe by the end of the year. I think people panic when something goes wrong with Revolut and take to social media a lot quicker than they would with traditional banks. Revolut also seems to have more than its fair share of customers who try to use it for dodgy purposes such as unregistered/illegal business transactions. I still wouldn't use it as my main bank account but I've no problem having a couple of grand on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Hi folks. Got a new phone and getting to the part where it says take a selfie to verify your ID, however no matter how many times I take a photo it says that it can't verify my ID. I've tried getting in touch with Revolut service people but have been going in roundabouts for nearly 3 weeks with them saying they'll get back to me. Anyone ever find a resolution for this? Thanks.

Have you changed how you look?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

No, still the same mug unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,671 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm finding the new Mastercard replacement for my Visa to be complete junk compared to the Visa card for contactless transactions, seems to be nothing near the same level of connectivity as the Visa card, you have to tap the thing to death for it to be recognised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

Just seen about the card and which of the two options did people pick to get one?

I'm guessing lost is best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭SourSessions

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Samsung Pay...seems to be a non runner in Ireland ?

Anybody use it ?

M

• Registered Users Posts: 12,923 ✭✭✭✭flazio

But digging a card out of a wallet is handier? 🤔 I use the back of my phone because I tend to have it out anyway for a loyalty app scan. Revolut also works on Fitbit devices.

M

I tend to drop phones, usually have the wallet nearer to hand. Fitbit device might be best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Are you sure that it is Mastercard? I have just received my replacement card and its Visa!

Edit: Just saw our earlier discussion on the topic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭apache

I've noticed the same. It could take 3 or 4 taps before a transaction goes through. Don't like using my phone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Just curious, but is there a way of freezing my card if I lose my phone and card at the same time? (I keep my card in my phone protector).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Does the public sector allow payment of salaries directly into the Revolut account?

Advertisement