Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

oh ffs! what's the point in watching tonight then? it's obvious Tommy is going to survive🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Found season 6 to be a bit of a miss in the first few episodes, but it improved.

Really enjoyed episode 5 and 6 though. The finale was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

I hope the bank draft wasn't in that caravan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Good last episode for a show that had gone to the dogs all together.

Although, in saying that.....ridiculous amount of planning to get that bomb into the car on the Canadian island. As soon as he stepped off the plane, shoot him. Jaysus christ, such rubbish.

Style over substance all the way with Peaky Blinders

I didn't get the whole Finn thing, did I miss something or was it just down to the fact he wouldn't kill yer man?

Music was excellent tonight, as it usually always is. Lisa O' Neill's, Bob Dylan cover, brilliant choice and I will listen to it about 30 times tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I found the ending disappointing. So the ghost of his daughter saved his life?

Thought they might have at least killed some of the characters off, even a few of the gang if not the main ones.

But I guess that the show is a money spinner, and no-one wants to kill the golden goose.

Last 2 seasons have generally been poor, and probably glad it's come to an end.

Should a reboot happen in a few years time, don't think I'll be tuning in.

Post edited by NIMAN on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭trashcan

Nah, I thought it was poor.

His dead daughter appearing to him to warn him about the doctor ? Really ? And what was the point of all the Mosley stuff really ? The whole political end of it was very ill judged I thought. There must have been better ways to examine the rise of fascism.

Also very disappointed Arthur didn’t get his comeuppance. I really disliked Arthur as a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Tommy has been off his rocker seeing and hearing things for most of the show to be fair, all the way back to season 1.

The last two seasons have been a departure to what made the show so successful, which has dragged it down in my opinion. Thought they wrapped it up well though given how poor the season started. It sets up the supposed movie nicely enough as well with Duke and Finn etc.

Polly told Michael that Tommy could not be killed with a bullet.

It was Finn who told yer man about the plan to kill Moseley, and he refused to take part in the beating if the ref, ergo, he can’t be trusted, if he wasn’t a Shelby he would be dead as well..

In case you missed it, earlier in the series it was said that if Tommy sold the heroin to the Jewish gang/Solman, Uncle Jack would be in danger as the Jewish gang would gain money and power from the drugs, the bomb cleared the way for that. But the fact Jack is still alive may mean he will be part of the movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

What was with Soloman coming out of the back of the pub in the end, was he in on it with Tommy?

Also the letter Arthur left Tommy, was this a suicide note?

Polly said Tommy couldn't be killed with a bullet?

Unless you believe there was some sort of supernatural element to the gypsy nonsense , and take it as fact of course he could be killed by a bullet. But it was all style over substance with the show, and that's why there had to be some convoluted plan to kill him, rather than have a gang of assassin's waiting with machine guns when he arrives in the town or off the plane.

That, and the added nonsense of having his dead daughter appear and tell him to light the fire again, so he can conveniently go over and see a newspaper that just burned enough to leave the photo of Mosleys wedding party!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Polly said Tommy couldn't be killed with a bullet?

no, polly said "tommy isnt going to die by a bullet"

big difference

therefore Michael planned the bomb as he very much believed what his mother had told him.

the mustard gas came in handy didn't it, that and the gas masks - they certainly came prepared🙄

and then took them off without even a cough😏

c'mon now

still though, stick a knife in him as soon as he walked in the pub door. Bomb made for better tv I suppose

• Subscribers Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

humm which is more guaranteed ??

try to stab a ww1 trench veteran at close range, one whos most likely carrying a gun...

or blow him up ?

of course it looks better for TV, the tension build up was excellent, and loads of questions were unresolved as the scenes played out.

ah yeah the tension was good with the bomb, especially Tommy seeing and wiping the mark off the car door prior to getting in.

In an earlier episode we found out that Solomon’s kin in the US are Jack’s rivals, and that the sale of heroin would make them stronger. No doubt Solomon was there to collect/pay for the heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Deeec

Yeah I took Arthurs letter as a suicide note - Linda said Athur had gone down to the river and read out the note that Arthur had written as ' Where you are going I am going too'. As Arthur was the only one who knew Tommy was dying I took this to mean Arthur was going to commit suicide.

But then it jumped to one month later and Tommy at his caravan and no mention if anything had happened Arthur so we are left not knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭head82

Anyone know why they dropped the opening theme song this season.. Nick Caves 'Red Right Hand'?

It was such a fitting tune and suited the overall tone of the series. I think I read somewhere that Nick also played a part in the selection of the songs played on the soundtrack in previous seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭tinytobe

The reference to Canada in Season 6 was a bit wrong. Miquelon Island was always part of France, and also Newfoundland wasn't part of Canada at that time, only joined Canada after WW2 was over.

Overall, I didn't enjoy Season 6 that much. ( Season 5 was way better, same as Season 4 ) Too lengthy conversations, too much philosophy, not as much action and involvement with historic events like the rise of fascism, Sir Oswald Mosely etc.., as I expected. The last episode of Season 6 was rather good, though, the tension build up about that bomb, and the fact that they were switched only came out later on, etc.. Also the shootout with the IRA around the Garrison pub was good. However the ending could have been better. I would have expected him to use the doctor with the false diagnosis to get to Mosley once again, and also more clarity on the family. Who knows what Arthur has been up to as he's the only one who knew about the diagnosis. Also blowing up that big house was a big unrealistic in today's terms.

Seasons 1-5 were brilliant. I think season 6 is absolute garbage. Completely forced and unnecessary. I will probably give the movie a miss based on what I’ve seen over the last couple weeks

You are too kind to S5 too.

That was the start of the decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Deeec

I think the last 2 series were very confused. It was hard to follow what was going on - storylines were all over the place. It was much better when it was just one gang against the Shelby's.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,851 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So is this movie coming or was it a swerve

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It was a very good last episode and the ending was pretty good. I thought the twist at end was very good. Episode 1 and 5 ok, 6 pretty good, rest poor. Season 5 I can’t remember exact episodes but it’s when I started to lose interest and couldn’t follow the story. Seasons 1 to 4 were great tv.

and another thing if Tommy was intended to die by a car bomb wouldn't you think the guys parked behind him would scarper off??😐️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

That's the same as saying if the bomb was in the car behind how did Tommy come out untouched in the car infront

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Firminos

Was it a poor season? Ive watched the first 2 so far but not sure if im gonna finish

• Advertisement

What was the point of Stephen Graham being added to the cast, then having a very minor role? This guy is a fantastic actor and has worked his way up to being a recognised star, surely he should have been given a more prominent character.

On a side note, I see Cillian Murphy is now among the favourites to be the new Bond, I think he would be ideal, he has both the menace and the suave to be the worlds most famous spy.

Advertisement