Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaky Blinders - BBC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i hope they - The shelby's all get snuffed and unlikeable bunch the lot of them😑

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Too much politics in the last season and not enough gangland violence. Hope this final season isn’t same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

How historically accurate is it portraying the IRA putting the squeeze on 'gangland' UK in what's supposed to be the 1930's?.....could be wrong but would have thought it was another 40 to 50 yrs before that went on

• Registered Users Posts: 37,852 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward to the new episode

Remember went to a gimmicky 'peaky blinders bar' in Birmingham last year

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Looks like a **** bar with a few murals and a collection of hats.

Cashing in.

Decent enough start to the final series. Not as much slow walking and arty shots. Previous series was a major let down, let's hope it can go out on a high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

In fairness historical accuracy has never been a strong feature with the show when you consider the real life Peaky Blinders were pre WW1 and its unlikely 20s and 30s Birmingham was the cross between the Wild West and Al Capones Chicago that its depicted as.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Piss poor murals at that.

Off topic but whats the story with bars etc naming or theming themselves after popular TV shows/movies/pop culture icons etc? Do they need permission or can anyone open a Star Trek theme pub or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Dunno , I notice it's called peaker blinder minus the S if that means anything

Surely there's trademark on the name

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

Wow, I was in that bar before it was done up.....if you think its a **** bar now...

Well episode 1 was better than anything from the previous season anyway, even if there was any killings in it. PC looks like a great new character in it.

• Advertisement

Yeah that pub in Birmingham was very gimmicky and the cliente in there were a little rough around the edges. Cash grab is the only term for it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

That hour flew past last night, so I'm really looking forward to the rest.

But I also don't buy the 1929 IRA as an all-powerful, all-seeing CIA-like outfit.

So Polly was shot off screen or was she killed in the lady episode of last season ?

Great tribute to the character and actress, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Dalton Mills in Yorkshire has been destroyed by a major fire. A total of 5 fire crews were called in at 12 noon today to distinguish the blaze. They will remain overnight to get the remaining flames out of there. But not much will be saved there once it goes out.

The whole place is gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

No posts after an episode sums up my feelings about the show. I'll watch the remaining episodes out of stubbornness / habit but I stopped caring after season 4.

A rubbish episode 2, it was just like all of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭4Ad

After last week I didn't bother with last nights episode.Looks like I was right.

The Ipcress File was a better watch.

have to put on subtitles when ever arthur or alfie appear, cause i haven't got an iota what they are saying😶

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Absolute drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭trashcan

This used to be a must watch for me, but I missed the first episode of this season as I was away. Missed a good lot of episode 2 as well. Not sure whether it’s worth trying to catch up. I agree that the politics has become far too central. Frankly I don’t find the idea of Tommy becoming an MP in the least bit credible. I understand the writer wanted to deal with the rise of fascism etc, just feel they could have done it more subtly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

Its lost its edge now and is drifting into dream sequences and romany shite i think they should have scrapped it after the failed assination of mosley & Tom Shelby should have shot himself in despair ! that would have covered all bases and gone out on a high ! peace for tommy & the family could go their seperate ways ! IMHO

Stephen Graham features in tonight's episode, might be worth a goo for him alone

Half way through tonight’s episode and it continues to be absolute pants.

It is not a patch on the first three seasons. Like many a show lately it outstayed its welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I don't know who in the production meeting said "They love the gipsy stuff. Give them more of that" but they were wrong. After a decent first episode this has dropped off a cliff.

So will we see

Beast mode Tommy now after the death of this daughter or maybe her death is just a dream sequence or something

Arthur really has been disappointing so far this season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Only 3 episodes left, as I said above, I'll watch it out of stubbornness / habit but that's it.

Everything about the show grates me, nothing more than the stupid, slow motion, rock music playing, cigarette smoking, Conor McGregor shaping gang walk. It was cool the first time we saw it, now, after what feels like 50 times, it's just ridiculous. Like the rest of the show it's nothing but style over substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,143 ✭✭✭✭DvB

As someone who has enjoyed this show immensely & stood up for it repeatedly when criticised I have to put my hands up & say that with the final season half way through this one has been a disappointment, I can appreciate a slow burner episode setting up a big delivery but 3 episodes of gypsies, dream sequences, chatter & banter between the different groups, female characters drinking whiskey, Tommy Smoking & Arthur being a pale shadow of his former self (& he was such a good character previously) is a tad too far. With 6 x 1 hour episodes to close the story out IMO it needed to move at a pace greater than this. Unfortunately the style over substance moniker fits this season well atm. 3 episodes left to save the show or it will go out with a whimper which is a shame after the highs of the first 2 seasons.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

the death of Polly has left a void

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭trashcan

Definitely feels like it’s limping to an end. Even the Stephen Graham appearance was underwhelming. Just someone shoot Arthur, please. Can’t stand him. Horrible bullying bastard.

Advertisement