Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hunter Biden

• 26-03-2022 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

Where do we even start with this guy?

Major revelations being unveiled this week regarding the son of the President.

Only earlier this week it was confirmed new york times supressed a story about Hunter in lead up to president election 2020 as to not dirty the image of his father to voters.

Let's not forget him selling his "art" for upto 500,000 dollars a peice to "private buyers" earlier on in the year.

Republicans will subpoena hunter should they win majority in midterms which they are heavily favoured to do.

It's about time someone got to the bottom of this Hunter business but I suspect the democrats will make sure very little gets revealed.

Before anyone says it's me making up things over two thirds of Americans agree with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don’t see the purpose in a congressional hearing for Hunter Biden? He’s already being investigated by the DOJ - under 3 different Presidents. Probes began into Hunter Biden during the Obama Administration. They continued in the Trump administration. They continue today under the Biden administration with no indication of interference, or fired FBI directors. Political grandstanding doesn’t serve the interests of these investigations.

I don’t see how this poll though serves as evidence any of your claims aren’t made up: it’s a Rasmussen poll asking respondents if they feel the story is ‘important’ - and opinion polling, generally, doesn’t serve as proof that an allegation is real. Many Americans believe the earth is flat; over a third believe in creationism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I had no idea that hunter Biden was a politician or a representative .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭tibruit

Two thirds of likely voters only equates to a little over one third of the electorate. So no, two thirds of Americans do not agree with you.

• Advertisement

Surely it is key to note that HB has no capacity in government. He is a private citizen. He doesn’t even have a Biden Foundation or Biden Organization or Biden DC Hotel - or a peanut farm, to run for his dad. He hasn’t been given a job at the White House, hasn’t even been sent to meet with foreign dignitaries at the UN, etc.

Re: GOP hearings, just to reiterate, the investigation(s) against Hunter have already moved to the Grand Jury stage. No apparent need for a Congressional set of hearings (which have, since when, replaced the criminal justice system? Hunter Biden is not impeachable, he's not a member of government)

For recap: At this point, investigators have done their work, uncovered material that a prosecutor believes constitutes crime(s). The prosecutors bring this one-sided evidence to a Grand Jury. A Grand Jury is selected among the people, like regular jurors, but usually for a full year to be jurists for all manner of potential criminal cases. If they agree there is a 'there' there, Hunter Biden will be indicted for crimes as determined by the Grand Jury, after which Hunter Biden would have opportunity to defend himself from such indictment.

Well I just don't see how it's relevant, it's not in the public interest, he is just a person like any other.

TBF it's still in the public interest; the thing he's suspected of doing include unregistered foreign lobbying, so it's not the same as eh, teenage Chelsea Clinton getting a DUI or something (don't quote me on that). Heck, it's not even the same as saying Hunter's drug charges deserve national attention (they don't imho)

I think that's fair enough, but then you see the person who made the statement further say that it's not a matter of public interest.

That's the attitude I was referring to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,204 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Where do we even start with this guy?

Can start with his name - who the fcuk calls their child ‘Hunter’? As Bradley Walsh said about ‘Fanny Chmelar’ -

“If that were my name I’d be straight down the Courthouse in the morning to change it”

As you pointed out, he has not even been indicted yet. Fair enough though, if he is convicted for a crime that includes leveraging his familial ties to lobby a foreign government, then I agree it would be in the public interest. Many steps to go, what is the threshold for launching an investigation? It looks to me like a political agenda to try to tarnish President Biden's reputation without even a conviction of this relative or even an indictment. Genetics are not a valid reason to prejudice somebody either. And in the opening post we get unflattering pictures of a guy who has not been convicted, is not a public figure and deserves personal privacy. It's clearly trash. I don't know why I would take it seriously until I see a conviction.

My wife's coworker's son is Hunter. Good golfer.

This guy is also hunter. Hell of a guy.

Plus, the outcome might not be criminal indictment, but lesser civil offenses, and having to pay back restitutions. When the Trump campaign laundered foreign donations etc. it simply paid fines. Here, Hunter Biden could simply end up being court ordered to register as a FARA lobbyist. He's already repaid his tax burdens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

Ahhh those republicans. always deflecting away from the crimes of 45 so they can pretend they have a political party and not useful idiots in perpetual servitude.

That's certainly one of their political challenges. I fully anticipate that,

• If they don't see Hunter Biden frogmarched in handcuffs for the cameras, arrested in a no knock raid in his underwear, etc. they will accuse the DOJ of political corruption.
    • If they did so happen to see that unfold, they'd still be mad, and conjure it as ammunition for impeaching the President.

Either way the party's agenda clearly is removal of the President, and ironically, relitigating the 2020 election. I say ironically, because during the first impeachment of Donald Trump (and even the 2nd) the GOP made a great big huff that they saw impeachment as tantamount to undoing an election, and essentially trying to set a standard that if the POTUS was voted for, they are therefore unimpeachable (?!)

The Hunter Biden laptop leaks were epic

I imagine his life is just one continuous "Leaving Las Vegas" epic.

I hope he gets his head together long enough to write an epic "semi-autobiographical" book about his life, or even a book on one of his benders a-la Hunter S Thompson's seminal work. I bet he even has a Samoan attorney side-kick. And no, his current auto-biography is really just a hagiography

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Change a few details and you're describing the two (failed) impeachment attempts on Donny

More than a few details. Trump was the President, Hunter Biden is not. The first impeachment was because of a WH phone call, the other was because of a (failed) autocoup. Hunter also can't host half the Senate at Camp David to woo them over, like Trump did.

One important difference among many, is that Hunter Biden is not the president of the United States.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

It's right up there with Hillarys emails lol except nobody actually gives a flying f**k about Hunter Biden except those on the far right and a certain leader in Russia who has banned him from the country.

Trump was impeached twice. You are confusing impeached with removed from office and the spineless Republicans who were worried voters who vote them out if they convicted...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DontHitTheDitch

Hunter flew in with his father who was on official state business, then appears to have become involved in highly suspicious activity in both China and Ukraine. Burisma were paying him $83k a month despite the fact that he has no experience or credentials, apart from the fact that his father was in charge of US policy regarding Ukraine. There is enough there to draw suspicions of abuse of power and corruption.

"It's not corruption, if we turn a blind eye!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

And that was much worse than diverting funds away from a charity and into your own pocket? yeahhhh surreeee

If that is an attempt to deflect back at a Trump supporter then I'm afraid your efforts are wasted, Trump is a nutcase buffoon. Doesn't mean Hunter's dodgy deals while accompanying the vice president magically go away.

How depressingly predictable that another conversation about a quite serious issue gets **** derailed with people obsessing over the need to turn anything and everything into a discussion about trump.

Trump fans and trump detractors. Give it a **** rest.

You realise that the thread was started by a serial rereg troll and predictably some people tripped over themselves to post on here trying to make the story out to be more than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

The trump derangement syndrome is still alive and well in many posters still in boards unfortunately.

• Advertisement

You mean the story that was called false until it was proven true? That story?.

A story about the sitting presidents junkie son who was given a job in Ukraine (you may have heard about that place) despite being exceptionally unqualified for it, who left a laptop in a shop which had incriminating evidence which may have implicated his father, the president of America, in some less than above board practices?

Yeah that's nothing.

I'm aware of Ukraine and that some people have problems understanding what I said.

I'm glad, because I am one of them I think.

I took it that you were implying that people are rushing to make the hunter Biden story bigger than it needs to be.

Because that would be mad if that was what you meant.

If you don't think the hunter Biden story is a big deal....well then you ain't black, aren't paying attention

Quite serious is nonsense. A Republican committee already looked into this and *shock horror* found nothing https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/us/politics/biden-inquiry-republicans-johnson.html

This is just more Russian misinformation that the right have clung unto but unlike Clinton's emails which insanely the MSM spent months upon months of wasted time making it the biggest story when there was nothing they thankfully are not falling for this bulls**t.

The business practices of Ivanka Trump and her husband and Eric/Don Jr are far more murky than Hunter Biden and they played key role in Trump Whitehouse unlike Hunter Biden who is a complete nobody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

What exactly is big about it?

Not making fun of his issues in saying this, but he was a crack addict that was trying to trade off his family name until people handing him money copped he was a bullsh*tter quarantined from Biden et al by handlers.

He had a laptop with, presumably, documents relating to his no-show job in Ukraine and (apparently) videos of him with brazzers.

Apart from being a tremendous personal embarrassment to the Biden family, what's the earth shattering scandal?

If this falls flat on its face, which I'm predicting it will, are you willing to eat crow and concede you were getting a chubby off the back of American right wing media and residual Trumpite conspiracy theorists?

It's a very important story because it's the son of a now sitting president who had an extremely high paying job which he was grossly under qualified for, in a country which was known for ridiculous levels of corruption, a country which his father laughed and joked about withholding money from.

It was also big because of how anyone referencing the story was treated like a mad "trumpite" conspiracy theorist (you couldn't help but reference trump again I see).

Until now, when it's gone from not being a lie, to true, but not important.

It's a big story. No matter what way you look at it.

And no, i won't "eat crow" or concede I was getting an erection if the story of it turns out to be less than incredibly important.

Why would I? I see the way the media treated this story as very important and genuinely telling as to how people have reacted to it. Regardless of whether you like Biden or not, you should be appalled that the media didn't do their due diligence, or that they purposely buried the story to benefit Biden.

It's the job of the media to tell us the **** news. Not suppress it. This news was undeniably suppressed.

• Advertisement

He is a tool to say the least and he's already been looked at multiple times including the Republicans who found nothing, lets see what this brings. Either way it is a handy talking point for some, same as the complaints about nestle not providing formula as a look over here tatic coming out of Russia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ahh the Hunter Biden Laptop New York Post Story that was suppressed by Twitter and to a lesser extent Facebook during the run up to the 2020 elections. Those who think this doesn't show that Biden snr is compromised due to his son's dealings in Ukraine Of interest is Hunter sitting on the board of Ukrainian gas company Burisma Holdings where he was being paid thousands of dollars yet wasn't qualified for the role. An email on the laptop indicated Hunter introduced his father to an adviser, then vice president tomert an advisor on the board of Burisma.

The usual Biden apologists will try and dismiss the story or try and deflect with the old look over there at Trump!

Lol what?

Is that a dig at me because on a different thread, I said I wouldn't criticise nestle for supplying baby food to russia?

You do realise that isn't at all the same as complaining that they aren't providing baby formula? It's actually almost the opposite.

You do realise that don't you?

Yet you accuse others of using a look over here tactic.

Jesus. The delusion is strong in this one.

Nope it is a point that what could be most politely described as the person who made the idiot like claims that Zelenskyy wants Russian babies to starve, when he never said that, and are now all over this with the same level of accuracy and understanding, while claiming everyone else is delusional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The issue is how the story was buried rather than Hunter's behaviour tbh. You can argue sincerely that Hunter when all said is done is no worse than the Trump kids, but its still an astonishing journalism failure how the story was supressed and laughingly dismissed as " Russian propaganda by some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Didn't know that there were so many fervent Trump/Putin cheerleaders here on boards

You'd almost think they were searching for diversionary tactics.

Maybe look a lot closer to home - Jared Kushner and his Russia links.

Start a thread about kushner. This one is about Hunter biden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yep this thread explains why there are so many Putin cheerleaders. Its amusing to see them pile on defending their heroes!

That's a strange thing to say.

It's even more telling to see that any criticism or any belief that there is more to the hunter Biden laptop story is automatically likened to supporting Putin or Trump.

I've seen no defense of Putin here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

None of your post addresses where exactly is the earth shattering scandal.

It's been with the FBI at least since 2018, been subject to a Republican Senate investigation.

All we have is Hunter with a bullsh*t no-show job, and some alleged sex tape.

No evidence that he induced government wrongdoing or anything that implicates anyone that isn't a crack addict.

The 'biolab angle' I will call out now as complete horsesh*t from Russia, neatly tied in to covid conspiracy peddlers.

I'll eat crow if there is any substance to that, but you need to be prepared to eat crow when nothing comes of it.

Get your head screwed on. There's a war on where one of the parties is a dictatorship is known to use every dirty trick in the book, including sowing nonsense tinfoil hat stories in the Western media environment and seeing what will flower and what morons will run with it.

Hunter was a crack addict trying and failing to peddle his name for money. If there's evidence of malfeasance on US government officials or even Joe Biden himself, let it be known and let it be prosecuted.

But for now, you'll have to accept all you have is a crackhead with a bullsh*t job and videos of him with hookers. You're welcome to spend your days trying to convince people this is some sort of Watergate moment, but I'm welcome to point out you're far more likely to be wasting large parts of your brain with a Russian disinformation project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The crux of the matter is that Joe Biden originally dismissed the laptop as a Russian plant and a bunch of garbage.

He knew then that what he was saying wasn’t true. He knew the contents were real. He lied to the American people.

The matter was buried by the Mainstream media, Twitter etc for the best part of 18 months.

I see the usual suspects are in early to the thread, no longer are they labelling someone who disagrees with them a Trumpist, the new compliment is Putinbot. Classy as always.

If they’ve killed it why are you an expert on it?

You’re making a lot of assumptions: did Joe Biden know it was true? We have no evidence of that.

wishful thinking above by the anti Biden crowd

• Advertisement
Advertisement