Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunter Biden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

Is this young man still doing hard drugs or did he move from that? Who knows

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

If the "mainstream media" were trying to cover up the Hunter Biden laptop story, they didn't do a very good job considering how much I heard about it.

Also they refused to publish unverified allegations (probably not unreasonably feeling they failed somewhat during the reporting leading up to the 2016 election) and they were not given a chance to verify them. Someone with a vested interest saying "I have a treasure trove of secret scurrilous data about my opponent but you can't see it, just tell people about it" should absolutely never be trusted or used as the basis for reporting anything.

Sorry, I'm not sure what the you're trying to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,864 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That NYP claiming to verify it means very little if no other outlet managed to do so either. Peer review.

Peer review of what???

Other outlets chose not to verify the story and actively supressed it by labelling it "Russian Disinformation" while social media suspended and supressed the story. They concocted a lie that the laptop was Russian Disinformation.

• Advertisement

They “chose” not to?

WaPo chose to verify it. The source of the material chose to deny them the opportunity.

No, WaPo chose to concoct and spread the lie that the laptop was "Russian Disinformation".

All of the evidence which has been used to verify the archives which the NY Times and WaPo now accept are genuine real, were available in abundance from the start. None of these outlets believed it was "Russian disinformation." They lied on purpose to elect Biden and now not one of those outlets will retract the claim of "Russian Disinformation".

Wrong. All of the evidence to verify the email archive was available from the start. The issue is that not only did they refuse to report it, they concocted a lie that it was Russian Disinformation - the biggest disinformation scheme in history brought to you by the very people who claim to care most about "disinformation". Now that the emails have been proven to be genuine, not a single outlet has retracted their claims of "Russian Disinformation"

Can you provide your evidence that WaPo concocted any lie? That's a serious claim.

WaPo does not accept all contents of the laptop as genuine and real, only a fraction of the email data could be verified, with most of the files on the drive being lost to the chain of custody. See the above reports I linked to for free.

Like here's their reporting - can you tell me where you see evidence that the Washington Post engaged in such a conspiracy?

Also no, that's no Steve Carrell. Doubletake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DontHitTheDitch

They made practically no effort to verify it with the original source, Hunter Biden. Hunter and Joe were happy to let the deception that it was a 'Russian disinformation operation' make widespread headlines, despite knowing that wasn't true. Biden repeated that false diversion at the debate. That is complicity in mass public deception.

There was a witness who verified emails on the laptop were the emails he was party to, and he also offered to back this up with his own data that matched up with what was on the laptop: Tony Bobulinski Statement on Hunter Biden | C-SPAN.org None of the main media organisations wanted to follow this up. We're a year and a half on from that offer of corroboration. We now have proof Bobulinski was telling the truth, yet none of the supposed high-brow media have wondered aloud if there is truth in Bobulinski's claim that he can prove that Joe was 'The Big Guy' getting a cut. Despite having verified emails showing Joe was to be one of the keyholders for Hunter's re-organised business space.

It's astounding how far the media are willing to dampen the ever growing spectre of Biden family sleaze and corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Let's see how many Biden family members and associates end up in jail or arrested/indicted in next four years shall we and then compare to previous president..

Its funny the media covered up this big Hunter Biden scandal yet went crazy over Hillarys emails. I guess they like Hunter Biden better. 12 of the last 14 days of the 2016 campaign the NY Times ran story on Hillarys emails on their front page....

Sorry, but it sounds like you are just throwing conjecture at the Washington Post, without actually providing the necessary support to conclude that the outlet was 'complicit' in Joe Biden or Hunter Biden's ability to say 'no comment,' or whatever else they liked?

Here was (one of) the Washington Post's follow-up(s) to Tony Bobulinksi, which you have slandered as never being a headline:

So I can't say I place much stock in your opinion about 'the media' monolith, if we're going to have mistruths applied.

And you can bet on a heap of Republicans who can't wrap their heads around the whole thing, like 'oh, Hunter just paid back some taxes after not paying all his taxes, but Gaetz has to go to jail for trafficking a minor?! Unbelievable.'

Have you even read the article? It introduces Bobulinski with a line that wants readers to think 'this must be some disgruntled kook coming out of the woodwork' : "In most corners of the universe, though, the response was a bit different: Tony Who-now?"

It follows this with several paragraphs convincing readers that Trump's campaign has been misleading them about other things. By the time it gets back to the actual point of the article, by which time they probably hope most Biden supporters will have decided there's nothing to this story and moved on, they start by suggesting Bobulinski has ulterior motives due to being sidelined in a deal.

It does not discuss what Bobulinski actually says, instead it attempts to gaslight readers with a bizarrely longwinded set of graphs claiming the revelations have had no impact on polls. I stopped counting them at around 30.

It's a beautiful masterclass in gaslighting and misdirection.

You came to different conclusions than I: this scandal being alleged about Hunter Biden wasn't being treated as a serious criminal matter, it was being deeply politicized. To be fair to the author the article isn't just about Bubolinski but was about the 2020 election cycle, with analysis about how polls responded to Bubolinski.

Bubolinski claimed to have deep knowledge of a criminal conspiracy involving the son of Joe Biden. He made the public disclosure he did, he made hours ahead of a US Presidential Debate as a coordinated campaign stunt.

As Washington Post wrote, even at the time:

"The Washington Post has not been able to independently verify the emails. The Post has on multiple occasions asked Giuliani and Trump’s former top adviser, Stephen K. Bannon, for copies of what they allege is Hunter Biden’s hard drive but has received no response."

To recap, you accused them of not following up dutifully on Bubolinski's statement, and that's crap. Where did they Declare it was Russian Disinformation? Or are you simply outraged they didn't write a glowing article for Bubolinski that promoted his every claim, without verification? Especially when the Trump campaign is world renown for, "a beautiful masterclass in gaslighting and misdirection."

Bubolinski declined to take press questions at the conclusion of his statement.

Nice of you to join us for that ongoing discussion

It seems to me your conclusions are wrong. It was you who linked to the article as being an example of 'coverage' of the Bobulinski revelations when it is actually an attempt to gaslight anyone who might be wondering if there is some truth to this. What are you going to believe, Bobulinski or this long list of polls which are irrelevant to the veracity of the claims? You don't want to be a dumb billy-no-mates, now do you?

I stand by my claim that the Democratic-leaning media shirked its responsibility to follow up Bobulinski unless you have proof to suggest otherwise. That article is most definitely not it, in fact it shows the exact opposite.

• Advertisement

Alright then, those are your opinions. I don’t see anything here that supports the charges lobbied at them though.

To correct the NYP tweet above, only a fraction of the emails were verified, but still amounts to about 22,000, with a lot of other data on the drive unable to be verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭monseiur

Just chiming in to say I'm reading this with amusement. The inconvenient truth is that, when it comes to politicans and corruption, they're all at it, all have their snout in the trough - The Kennedys, Putin, Trump, Biden Family, Hilary Clinton, our own Bertie, Chalie Haughey, Ray Burke etc. etc. They are the less than 1% we hear about the other 99% go under ther radar. Some are more adept at showing joe public a squeaky clean snout that others, they use/abuse media etc. to help polish that snout for them....for a period, by the time they're found out they have their greasy paws on the levers of power. Power corrupts period, and it did from the dawn of time.

It's the cover up which is worse than the crime. Most people would accept that politicians are not noble but the issue was the media lie that the laptop was "Russian Disinformation" and even though those outlets have since accepted the email archive is real, not a single outlet has retracted the claim of "Russian Disinformation". The reason is that these outlets don't see their function as journalistic but instead as partisan and propagandistic activists. They are absolutely willing and even eager to lie if it helps the Democratic Party stay in power and they know that their almost exclusively liberal audience want them to lie to help the Democrats, so they feel no compunction about lying and no need to acknowledge it when they get caught red-handed doing so. They threw away every last standard in the name of stopping Trump. Anyone who still trusts them is irrational.

I haven’t seen anyone on the thread demonstrate exactly where a media outlet definitively declared the material was “Russian disinformation” and not simply “unverified because nobody will share the hard drive data” or “suspicious because Trumps campaign timed its disclosure hours ahead of a Presidential Debate”

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Hunter Biden is a horrible human, just research what is fact about him. He'd make the General look like Mickey Mouse. Lol at the left trying to defend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Even if what you say is true, why is it important. Hunter Biden is not a representative or a public figure.

The General? For great car insurance rates online?

It takes quite the effort of wilful ignorance to try and deny that the media didn't label the story was "Russian Disinformation"

Nevermind, I've done the work for you.

• Advertisement

Not sure a YouTuber with 66k subscribers is “the media” we have been discussing. Maybe you could try proving your point by citing mainstream articles from papers of record?

Advertisement