Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How long did you stay positive?

Options
  • 18-02-2022 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Hi, I tested positive on Tuesday but I had symptoms for a few days before that. I am doing antigen tests daily and still positive. I’ll be isolating for 7 days.

How long after your positive test were you still testing positive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭john why

I was 9 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

I got a headcold on Saturday and been feeling crap all week - yesterday i lost my taste and smell! Done 3 antigen tests a day apart this week and all negative - is it likely i'll get a positive at this stage??

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Steveimitation

I'm just done day 7 and that red line refuses to fade at all. Hopefully it suddenly moves quickly as was the case with my sibling when she was positive a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Bumping this up. Curious to hear answers

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ISOP

6 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Did HSE send you out antigen tests or did you buy your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

9 days. Although thankfully only had mild symptoms for 4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

6 days-didn’t have my first positive til 3 days after initial symptoms…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭glitterIsland

I have a close contact and symptoms but I am not testing positive. I am digging deep up the nose and I even swabbed my throat too. I am 3 days with symptoms but it feels like there is an improvement tonight. Sore throat is less and more and more time between coughs. I'm going to test again tomorrow and if it comes up negative I will quite the isolation if I feel well enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

3 Days only, strange

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I got symptoms on last Monday night, tested negative, felt horrendous on the Tuesday, negative again. HSE tests arrived the Wednesday morning and then tested positive with those - really dark, the test line was almost black. I'm day 10 since testing positive and day 12 since symptom onset and still testing positive, it's a lot more faint but there's still definitely a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭zg3409

According to rules you are ok to mix after 5 days even if you keep testing positive.

This is from NI but you are not infectious after a week

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/what-should-you-do-if-youre-still-testing-positive-for-covid-after-10-days-41245790.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

He also says :

"However Dr Bamford said that anyone still showing symptoms, unvaccinated or working in a frontline or public-facing job should err on the side of caution and consider extending their period of isolation to 14 days."

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I’m the same Tuesday night had a faint line but took an hour to show. Wednesday had a faint line but in the 15-30 minute window. Thursday line solid before control line showed. Faint line again yesterday. Nothing today. Thursday sucked though, had a high fever for an hour, sore throats, coughing. But I’m back to normal no symptoms .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 she32

Hi guys, do you think the more prominent a line is means you are more infected? And if the line is fading is covid leaving your system?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Tested negative today, 13 days since symptom onset and 11 days since testing positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

Unvaxxed. Five days. Only mild symptoms luckily

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

About 5 days or so, I had a positive PCR from the HSE and about 9 days later had a negative PCR for travel. But I had a few negative antigens in the meantime also.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

I was hoarse and tired on 17th so I used an antigen test bought in Eurogiant and tested negative.

On 18th I felt even worse and used an antigen test from Lidl and tested positive. I used a second Eurogiant test immediately and it said I was negative again, which makes me worry about the Eurogiant tests.

Wednesday will be day 6 in isolation and I'm still testing positive with symptoms. I'm triple vaccinated and otherwise healthy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Symptoms on the 13th, negative test.

Positive on the 14th - immediate strong positive. Tests every two days dwindled down in how strong and quick the line formed until an extremely weak and slow to appear result on the 21st. Proper symptoms were gone by the 17th, the 14th was a bit nasty but otherwise not too bad bar being tired.

Negative today (23rd). Minorly claggy throat/chest still though.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

6 days so far. Line seems to be taking a bit longer to show up. Day 1 was absolutely instant and clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭geotrig

Tested positive last Tuesday, still showing a firm positive on tests today :( so what's the latest on guidelines on isolation and all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Samuel323

I think that it takes weeks or months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

From the day you first had symptoms.

• Administrators Posts: 53,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Once you test positive there is no need to keep testing. I don't know why people are testing themselves every day, it's totally pointless and a waste of tests!

You isolate for 7 days from when you develop symptoms, or when you first test positive, whichever is earlier. It would not matter if you tested positive for 30 days in a row, you are free to do whatever you want after 7 days.

They suggest you are a bit careful for days 8, 9 and 10, but you do not have to isolate at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

You should also isolate until you’re symptom-free for 48 hours. https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/covid19/living_with_covid19_plan.html#l3d7b7

Edit: Also, the 7-day rule only seems to apply if you’re had a positive test. If you avoid the test, which are entitled to do, you can just go by the 48-hour rule. https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/covid19/covid19_isolation_and_restricting.html

Post edited by el_gaucho on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Had it about 5 weeks ago, positive antigen tests till day 12. Thought it would never go, clear bright red line everyday for 11 days.

Sent the pictures of the antigen tests daily into work in case they thought I was taking the p**s.

Advertisement