Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Weekly Treasure is there today 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭Treppen

I presume everyone checks for all the 5 pointers at the bottom of the Xbox rewards app?

What easy achievement game y'all playing these days? I'm on Deeeer simulator

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I started Twelve Minutes on Sunday, cos it's marked as short (2-3 hrs) on TrueAchievements.

It's not really easy though, I'm following the walkthrough to the letter, so I don't miss any achievements! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What's the point of playing then though? It's a puzzle game, if you follow the walk through where is the challenge/enjoyment?

It's a perfectly reasonable question and I did ask myself why I was bothering to play it?

But I think it's a more weird answer than a simple one.

I just want the daily achievements.

I wouldn't do half the things naturally that the walkthrough is telling me to do.

I'm getting the achievements that I want and still experiencing the story, even if I'm not organically finding these things myself.

It's kinda like watching a YT playthough, but I'm the one making it 😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dbloke

Kill It With Fire. Rewards Hunter has a good walkthrough on YouTube. Smashing spiders with a frying pan is very cathartic!

I tried 12 minutes and the sequence of events was completely different to the walkthrough so I gave up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Julez

If you get 'Rare Replay' you get an achievement for each of the different games you start up.

I did have to start again alright, as I wasn't sure what was going on and missed a loop completely! 😊

Think I got a good few weeks out of Rare Replay lol.

• Advertisement

From a rewards point of view, is playing the games with easy achievements just a way to trigger that 50 points daily?

I bought Bear With Me: The Lost Robots for 99c so I'm using that for the daily 50pt rewards for the next couple of weeks.

Yes 🙂

Mystery solved. I keep forgetting to go back to the rewards app to claim that 50 points which is pretty annoying...

Don't forget to scroll down for all the 5 pointers.

Do you do the weekly streeks in the app? That's 2,500 after every 10 weeks.

Ya, I do the weekly streaks, but only started those properly recently. Got to 6 weeks, then was sick and missed week 7, so back to 0 I went. Annoying..

As soon as it hits tuesday I try and complete as much of the weekly as possible. 2500 is a nice amount

Is there a quick way to do the 50 bing searches? I saw somebody suggest creating bookmarks of searches, but unless I am blind, I cannot find a way on mobile to open more than 1 favourite at a time. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

do you mean via the bing app? if so just search for something like Film/Tv Show cast. It gives thumbnails for all the cast in a row, takes less than 10 minutes to complete.

this was via desktop browser but should give you an idea. all you do is click each thumbnail and its separate searches

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

yeah mobile is a pain and why I very rarely do them - when I did do them, in Edge, search for something like "movies 2021" and you'll get a grid of results. Click one and then the rest will appear as clickable result across the top of the screen, when you click one, it'll open that page and the list will nudge along so you'll end up tapping the same part of the screen until you get to the number you need. Takes a minute.

Top tips right there lads, sorted.

• Advertisement

Weekly Treasure is there today 🙂

Use the Human Fall Flat travel 50 in a dumpster for Microsoft Top 10 as well as the Monthly Quest.

Don't forget to punch in top 10 first.

There have been glitches with the top 10 and check mark not appearing but many say the points are added on but people didn't notice, so keep an eye on how much points you have before starting.

Incoming sad yarn alert.

Yeah, I've played quite a bit of HFF in the past (the kid loves it) and unknowingly had a couple of achievements just about to pop when I checked into it earlier this week. So I ticked the first check mark (went green first time) before I started the game on Wednesday, jumped into the water twice and it popped some "drowning" achievement. I went out, popped the daily 50. I went into the top 10, no 2nd green tick so I clicked on the actual picture/link and it brought me to my games - went back and still no 2nd green tick. Right buggy, I'll leave it a day. Last night, I started the game, picked up a rock and walked for a few metres, achievement popped. Again popped the daily 50, back to Top 10, still no 2nd green tick 😥

I may try a different game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah bugged out for me too. Any time this happened before I never got the points no matter how many I did so I wont bother this time.

Also, trying to open that dumpster for the 75 points was way too much effort for me so I gave up. At least I got one achievement for ticking off the daily 50 I suppsoe 😂

Anyone else notice the rewards app being buggy last couple of days? Like taking ages to open and when it does certain parts not loading in.

Room renovation continues so my Series X remains in storage and I have been using the "old" One X in the other room for what feels like an age now, everything is slow loading for me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This is more than just slowness loading. App crashed the other day and yesterday things like the header with my points total wouldn't load in.

It looks awfully bugged out, when you load it up, but I was still able to navigate and get my points yesterday!

Actually, now I think of it, the monthly 2000 points thing (which I'm not sure Ireland gets and I'm already feeling like a knob for mentioning) when I click in to the free sweepstakes bit at the end, it's no showing prices for any of the sweepstakes, just blank dropdown lists when clicked. That's all I've noticed, but there's always some kind of bug with it.

Go around the back of the dumpster so your opening it on top of your head.

Then look up to sky and then 2 triggers and both hands will go into the air.

Then look down and it'll latch onto lid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

For some reason, I seem to have something that looks like a yellow card on the main page for the weekly activities tile. Has anyone else seen this?

Advertisement