Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tightness in Chest

Options
  • 21-03-2022 5:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭

Tested positive last Thursday and I feel a sort of heaviness in my lungs, I can breath but it’s like it’s more effort to fill my lungs with air.

anyune experienced this, I’m fully vaccinated with an additional dose due to underlying health issues

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Mam1996

You should contact your out of hours doc if you're finding it hard to breathe. Please don't wait for a diagnosis here. It may amount to absolutely nothing but if you have underlying issues it's best to be safe than sorry.

Hope you feel better soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Yes I had it, mine lasted a short time when I was going to sleep, I felt I had to sit up and take a big breath. It is a common symptom.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

They will have me admitted to hospital if I say I have breathing problems and I’ve got enough to deal with at the minute rather than being in a Covid isolation ward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭apache

I found it very hard to breathe like someone was sitting on my chest. Some people get that symptom.

I can breathe but it just feels like to inhale/exhale takes more effort than it should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I have that symptom too but when I check oxygen level on my oximeter, it's normal, I'm on day 7 now. Anyone else have any idea how long it lasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Also I'd recommend getting an oximeter for home, they're only about€20 in chemist or online, it'll put your mind at rest as to your oxygen level if you feel the same as I do.

Think I sorted it.

I took Decongestants without reading the leaflet, which says don’t take if you have high blood pressure so what I was feeling was probably. My BP going nuts

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

To be clear you should not be seeking medical advice on this site. The fact you stated "They will have me admitted to hospital if I say I have breathing problems" says it all - you should be seeking professional help

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement