Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fisker Ocean

Options
  • 01-03-2022 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭

New first look at the Fisker Ocean.

They mention a starting price if £35K in the UK which seems very reasonable for so an excellent looking SUV.

Definitely one I'll be keeping an eye on.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Considering what happened to the US supply of Fisker Karmas, and which helped in the downfall of the original Fisker company, "Ocean" is not quite the name I'd expect!

https://jalopnik.com/fisker-lost-30-million-worth-of-cars-in-hurricane-sand-5958523

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

I love the California mode on this and the dedicated dog window with access from the boot! It looks like they're taking pre-orders/reservations before they'll commit to what markets they're going to sell in?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Bjørn Nyland did an interview with Henrik Fisker today about the car

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Sounds very interesting this. Price is the same as a Id4 in the uk. Will be interesting to see what you lose with the base spec. My guess is the windows further back will not roll down and there will be no sunroof or just a glass roof that doesn’t open. Different interior and smaller wheels are a given.

Its good also that it is being built in a factory that has produced other models so you would expect the QC to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Specs are up on the website, base model has no California mode & is 2wd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ryano87

Over in Amsterdam at the moment and happened to stumble across this earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ryano87

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Does it come with a "Tallafornia" mode, that auto closes and locks all the doors and windows, while the Sat Nav calculates the quickest escape route?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭MakersMark

• Registered Users Posts: 15,643 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seems like a really good car with a lot of thought gone into it too. I can see it starting at the 50k mark here do at least.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭fafy

Have been following it, but, do we know if it will even be available here ? No sign of any IE mention, on the website, or the Fisker app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Fully charged review

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Entry model, with smaller battery, and lower spec, the “Ocean Sport”, is priced at £36 k on the UK website, and €42 k in Europe, so a little under 50k here one would think, if available.

Ms

I wonder what the warranty on them is like and how long? Anyone know.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Warranty in 3 sections, and looks class leading, in terms of years covered:

Looking very promising, several thousand pounds cheaper than entry level ID.4, while having more range. And with LiFePO4 battery, a big plus in my book. And the 3kW AC socket in the boot (standard on all cars I hope?) is not too shabby.

Can't wait to see Irish pricing and more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

Oh look another crossover. 🥱

Ms

Its not just another crossover do. This one has been designed to be fully recyclable and its all zero emissions how it is built and made too. It will also hace a unique ownership experience for its owners.

This below explains it,

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Oh look another EV to take an ICE off the road

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Great that it is fully recyclable and if the claim that it is zero emissions is true (including manufacture, mining of materials, transport, etc), then credit to Fisker for getting it done. The part about offering a "unique ownership experience" is nonsense marketing speak IMHO though. How unique will it be when they sell thousands of these vehicles?

As @slave1 has said though, at least someone buying this will potentially remove another ICE from the roads.

I believe it will go on sale here too, due to the fact they are offering it in right hand drive configurations. Will be curious to see how much it will be. I think near the €50k is a reasonable prediction. I won't be buying one anyway as I think it is hideous but taste is a very subjective thing. 🙂

• Advertisement

It's £36k in the UK, where a Model Y is £44k

In Ireland a Model Y is €47k, so this Fisker should come out around the €40k mark. Not €50k!

"Should" and "will" are 2 completely different things.

As with everything else on here, it is all speculation until official pricing is announced. 🙂

Of course, but it is quite likely it will have roughly the same relative price here to other cars. So if that £36k UK price is anything to go by, looks promising!

Fingers crossed.

It does have some very nice features going for it so I will watch it with interest. Although, I still won't be buying. Way too big for my needs. :)

Not sure if I'd buy it, but I hope it will be a big success. Henrik Fisker talked a lot of sense that interview above - well it will appear above once the mods have merged this into the original Fisker Ocean thread 😂

It is quite big, depends on user needs of course, it is both wider (+13cm)and longer(+19cm), than an ID4, and the Ocean has a bigger wheel base (+15cm).

Interested - urban dwellers, will definitely need to measure their driveways, for this one.

Its dimensions are near identical to a Tesla Model Y, which is a mid size SUV. Wouldn't call it big at all. During a test drive I remarked how small it was, with a small turning circle 😂

But then again, I'm coming from a few Tesla Model S and I had a loaner Model X for a few weeks, Model S are big but the latter is enormous!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartyMcFly1989

Did you scrap your I. C.E. vehicle when you changed to your E.V. which is primarily fuelled by fossil fuels?

No, that's why I used the word "potentially"! I'm sure someone may scrap an ICE when buying an EV. Reading comprehension is key here.....

My EV is also not primarily fuelled by fossil fuels but mostly wind energy with a little fossil in there. I didn't buy the car to save the planet in any case. Besides, the usage emissions from the EV are zero. An ICE vehicle still has emissions which are in addition to that from a fossil fuel power station.

That's a far a I'll bring this discussion though, I'm not getting into an EV vs ICE emissions debate.

Back to the Fisker Ocean. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 MartyMcFly1989

I saw the potentially part of the post, my question was directed at you, which the initial post did not answer. Reading comprehension indeed.

If you’re going to lecture me on reading comprehension, perhaps you should proof read your own post.

Advertisement