Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid and antigen tests query

• 08-03-2022 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭

For those of you that have had it or have it, when did you get your 1st +ve antigen test? was it as soon as you experienced symptoms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭glitterIsland

Is there any traffic in this thread?

What is your experience Sporina? Did you test +ve on an antigen test? How long did it take you after getting symptoms or becoming a close contact to get a +ve?

I am a close contact with symptoms but I am testing negative on antigen tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Took me 4 days from where I think I got it

Thank you. I'm on 3 days of symptoms. So far, mild like a heavy cold.

Did you have a mild dose?

Only on day 2 myself but mild so far though after 4 vaccines I feel a bit let down.

Did you get Pfizer vaccines?

I had 3 vaccines.

Are you using the HSE tests?

I presume what I have is covid but it's not showing up on tests. My activities and contacts were limited over the past few weeks. I wasn't doing much mixing at all. So flu is unlikely.

I will continue to test over the weekend.

• Advertisement

Yes 4 Pfizer doses. I haven’t got the HSE Tests yet because of bank holiday. Mine showed up loud and clear on antigen test

I'm going to check with the local chemist tomorrow and test with a different antigen test. See if it shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

i don't have symptoms.. but I was out and about so just wondering..

Could be just a cold

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

There are a lot of colds going around right now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Mam1996

Myself and 2 sons have symptoms since last Tuesday. Youngest son, 12, had positive antigen immediately but the two of us still negative. I went for pcr on Wed (healthcare worker) and it's positive. Assuming now that older son (19) is positive also.

My theory is that the younger boy is double vaxed but not boosted due to age and the two of us are double vaxed and boosted so our viral load may be too low for the antigen to detect. All the symptoms though, high temp, congestion, headaches, fatigue etc. Be careful because the antigens don't seem to be picking it up in boosted population.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

These antigen test. So confusing when the line that appears is between the C and the T , first line appears, you think, ok that's the C line as it's above the T and closer to the C, But then the next morning you see two lines, and the next one is above the C.

So was the first line actually the T line? As in an invalid test, and the second line that appeared overnight the C line, but can't be trusted as test is only valid for 15 minutes anyway.

But yea, sore throat, head cold, running nose.

I’ve had 4 vaccines and in showed up loud and clear on the antigen test for me . I think you might have tested too soon. I believe I got it last Saturday night and got a positive antigen test on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

what you mean over night? results are in 15-30 mins - then bin...

with regards to the C /T - read the instructions

there are vid's on YT too if you prefer

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheTempest

I'm on day 12 of covid, it's horrible.

I started symptoms and it took 3 days for a positive antigen test. My youngest had tested positive and I knew I had it but it seemed to take forever for those 2 lines to appear.

I'd tested in the morning and it was stark negative, then 5 hours later it was positive. It's definitely better to test 2 or 3 times a day as it can change very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I was grand all Tuesday and then that night got a slight sore throat. Antigen was faint line positive (it took a couple hours to show as well). Wednesday morning was more pronounced sore throat and got positive again in the 15-30 window with faint line. Thursday as the test goes up it went instantly positive. So pretty much straight away I’d say. Although today it’s negative (2 different texts now!) so looks like it just blew through me .

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭ax530

Day 2 almost 3 with symptoms ( head cold like mild, itchy throat first night, occasionally dry cough).

Antigen test clear wonder do I take that as having a cold? Or keep testing until one comes back positive?

I'm working from home anyhow so not leaving house.

Anyone do swab on throat as well as nose?

My view is did a test not COVID so once I feel ok can go out about again. But reading some messages here people seem to keep testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Ive had covid twice. I took antigen tests every day during both spells. Got a positive antigen test 1 day only. That was out of about 30 tests in total. One every day. Both times PCR was the test that told me I had covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi All,

I had Covid the 2nd week of March, the week of the 7ths. (PCR was positive)

Through out I was testing negative on the antigens.

Wasn't feeling 100% today and took another antigen and now its positive?

So it looks like im back into Isolation after just coming out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

PCR may have show a previous infection from some months ago. Antigen is now most likely showing an active infection. To be certrain try a different antigen brand and try both types again in 24 hours but unfortunately back into isolation for 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

As plausible as that might be, the PCR was taken as a result of me falling ill, suspecting C19 has a had a large gathering two days beforehand.

Eitherway il check out the different brand but id be 99% certain I have it again too :/

Advertisement