Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Anyone having issues tapping on android 12

Tried Lidl, petrol station and butcher and had to use my EBS card from dark ages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Put an unusual high amount on my revolut card that got flagged and my card frozen a few days ago, i unfroze the card in app and put the transaction through again and it went through no problems, since then no contactless transactions will work on my wife's watch or my kids watch (both have my card on them), i have paid using revolut chip and pin each time the contactless declines and the reason for declining the transactions comes up as "this transaction could not go through due to a poor connection" even though the connection is just fine and its happening in all different shops that it worked fine in before the frozen transaction issue.

anyone experience this before or have any ideas on how to fix this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Any chance your contactless transaction button got switched to off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

No that is still on, and its no where near any limits, i reset them just in case also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I’m going to the UK for the weekend. I’m planning on just using my phone or physical card to pay for everything while I’m over there. Is that madness or is there a better way, to avoid any possible fees etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Exchange your euro to pounds now, on Friday, on the weekends there is a an exchange fee on revolut, other than that revolut is best option to spend pounds from

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Even if you don't exchange your money before the weekend, the added exchange fee is only an extra 1%

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Where in the App is that option to turn on/off contactless transactions?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Under the cards section, select the card you want then select 'pin & security' then make sure 'contactless payments' is switched to on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Wasn't Vodafone one of the companies where people struggle to pay using Revolut?

Well this offer turned up on the Vodafone app.

Enjoy €15 on Revolut, plus 2 months on a free Premium plan when you join Revolut.

Expiry Date: 21st March 2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

Never had trouble paying Vodafone with Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lookyhere

I got a notice about replacing my physical Revolut card. The new card arrived today. On email from them it says "As part of the replacement process, your existing cards will stop working after a couple of months." Do I need to change the number on the few recurring payments that were coming out of my Revolut account or will they automatically transfer to the new card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭SourSessions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Revolut matching any donation made to the red cross Ukraine appeal uprto 1.5m until 8th March

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

Im in Brazil at the moment and have been going through a few transaction statements today.

It gives the Revolut rate and the ECB rate on the statement. Some days the rate matches and others there is quiet a difference.

Today for example: Revolut rate 1.00€ = 5.59 BRL (ECB rate* 1.00€=5.67 BRL)

Anyone know why some days they follow and other days they don’t follow the ECB rate.

NB: Transaction was not at the weekend when they lock the rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I got that notice a couple of weeks ago and I was worried because I emigrated from Ireland a couple of years ago and never changed my address so I thought it might be issue. I had to validate my new address by uploading my residency card from my new country and they posted out new cards so no bother. Interestingly, I was able to switch from an e-money account to a bank service. account. Doesn't make any difference in practical terms, but down the line they might start offering loans and other bank services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Maybe it was a bank holiday and went to the higher weekend rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

In practical way there's one huge difference between an e-money institution and bank. The latter, if go burst, has a protection of your money up to 100K probably or something. While e-money institution wakes away and you get nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

More details now have been added about the Loan options on: Adding money | Revolut Help Centre | Revolut IE

Now if your salary goes into KBC or a credit union you cannot apply, it's a requirement to either get it into revolut or with AIB/BOI/ULSTER/PTSB and that you have set up an open banking link in the app so that Revolut can check your salary and that it goes into that account: How does Revolut decide whether to offer me credit? | Revolut Help Centre | Revolut IE

Essentially, it's them building on the most important asset they have: Data Mining to avoid having to deal with paperwork (like salary slips etc).

Some Irish banks wave some paperwork if your salary goes into your current account, but this is taking it to the next level, by using open banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

That's not exactly the case. Your money is safeguarded in a separate account if you have an e-money account. If you have a bank account your money is insured up to 100k.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

And that is not either. It is irrelevant whether the money is in a separate account or not you are still a general creditor of the company and will be treated the same as another other creditor. Unless the separate account was held by a third party in your name and under your control you can expect that the liquidator would put up a hell of challenge in defence of the general creditors as is required of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Anyone concerned about revolut having a Russian owner considering what happened with Chelsea today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Not really. The oligarch types are a world away from the likes of the Revolut guy. Even half the oligarchs haven’t been touched

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Anybody having trouble topping up their Revolut Account with their AIB Credit Card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

As of a minute ago, no, added funds fine without any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jamesfmcg

I got an in app notification & email telling my I needed to order a new card, even though my current one doesn't expire until 2024. They don't indicate the reason why the card needs to be replaced at all, and the email is very vague.

"You physical cards need to be replaced.

You can now order replacement debit cards in app completely free of charge... etc., etc."

Just stating that I can order a new card, not why I have to order a new card.

Anyone have any idea why the card needs to be replaced?

I'm guessing I wasn't the only one to receive the messages.

No idea why guessing for security, I had to do the same ordered and received my replacements in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭beachhead

Could it be to do with their application for EU banking licence? Have not received notification myself

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I got it too and where I went to order said it was to allow for additional features 'behind the scenes'

Ordered it anyway, is free.

Does anyone pay for fancy designed card? Mine sits in my bedside cabinet as I have saved to phone and watch. Apart from when I went to the US a few weeks back I never actually use the physical card in a shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,740 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are switching card provider from Visa to Mastercard, the replacement cards are Mastercard.

Advertisement