Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Set up my yardforce 400i this evening. Will be tomorrow before first cut. Wouldn't connect to my wifi (orbi 853). Have an extender on the network and was able to connect to it's 2.4ghz network.. interesting to see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Oh, I think we may have had a similar experience with that installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bedouin79

Lads anyone here have the service code for the ambrogio robots. I got it here before but can’t find it.

thabks in advance

Hi folks,

Wanted to ask about my boundary wire layout. I've laid it like in the attached picture but I'm not sure the mower will go to the Grass area A marked in the picture. I haven't been able to keep an eye on it but when it starts it goes around the boundary wire across the path to the second lawn and works away there fine. Haven't seen it back on the first patch yet. Would I be better off just laying the wire around the boundary and let the lower think the path is grass? It will try to mow it but I guess do no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Any other sources to sense check pricing? I think I will go local in any event as its comforting to have someone nearby who will install and knows what they are doing if I run into any glitch.

😎

• Advertisement

What price did you find? I am looking at 430x or 520.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭spose

If you treated it more as one area it would probably reduce the amount of turning the machine does which is the most likely thing to chew up the grass. If the machine follows the guide wire home then the straighter run will help too

Yeah I relaid it this afternoon just to have one area. Have the mower off now for few days

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jed68

An Irish dealer matched the online price of 3145 euros so I went with him. This included a large installation kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AilbeL200

Has anybody extended their robotic lawnmower low voltage wire. I have husqvarna 310 , and would ideally like 25m instead of 20m. Web sites say you should not extend . Would one get away with adding 5m ?

Also, has anybody been able to buy 25m or 30m low voltage wire and if yes, has it had any impact on their transformer or base station?

Thanks

• Advertisement

good work, how much of a drop was that? The install is probably worth a few quid on top or how did you find it?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jed68

I was quoted 3345 euros for the mower alone by a couple of places. The dealer I got it from messaged me on here actually and sent me a quote. I can dm his details to you if you want. No harm in trying him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 navimow11

Hi all, long time follower of this thread but first time poster. I'm wondering is anyone taking the dive and purchasing the Segway navimow? GPS control with no need for boundary wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭blackbox

For info, I don't think they use GPS. It looks like you set up a number of transmitters in your garden and it uses these for location rather than satellites.

It sounds like a good idea, but I wonder how they are with the actual mowing technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Redlim

I have my eye on it also as my lawn is in 3 separate sections. It's supposed to go on sale sometime this spring but no sign of it yet. They also removed the prices from the website a few months ago so hopefully they're not gonna go up a lot. Would love to know some more details about how the receiver for positioning will work, i.e. does it need direct line of sight and will it still work if the mower is at the other side of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭captivo

Hey, quick question, I'm looking at buying a robot mower for a lawn approx 3000m2. However portions of the lawn are a bit bumpy. I've heard that robot mowers are not suitable for bumpy lawns. Has anyone got any experience of that?

My lawn isn’t awful smooth right now. Local seller popping in to see site soon so I am sure they will comment - will let you know!!

😎

Its on sale pre order from robocleaners and they said they expect shipment to begin from April. They have their prices listed there for the different models. It sounds great but it would be nice to see how it will works before parting with too much cash

Cheers for that, hadn't heard of Robocleaners before but they seem decent on trustpilot. Pretty sure Amazon are going to sell these also though which might be a safer bet if pricing is similar.

I'm with you on seeing how it all works before taking the plunge, especially with a different tech used compared to other brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

That looks quite good and may suit my needs. I've been considering one for a long time but the awkwardness of my site and laying wires I've put it off. Thinking of doing an extension and landscaping in next year or two as well so was putting it of till that was finished. Not needing wires certainly makes the Segway tempting to get now. My lawnmower deck is on it's last legs so I need to make a decision, I'm not going to get a full season out of it. Annoyingly the Briggs and Straton engine is bullet proof it's over 10 years old now and has never failed to start first time and it hasn't had that much TLC!

Have about 600m2 of grass divided into 350 at the back and 150 and 100 either side of the driveway. The 150m2 section will be easy join now with out needing a guide wire as it can just follow the path. The 100m2 is probably too inaccessible would have to lower curbs or build a ramp and it's probably to risky crossing the driveway. The front lawns are much slower growing than the back as there's a lot of shade from the trees and hedges, the 100m2 one especially so it won't be to much of a chore to cut it by hand.

Was planning on getting a Makita LXT mower to tide me over and which size of one to get as I needed one that can mulch but there smallest one would do if I just need to cut the smaller lawn and the few spots the robomower can't access.

Smallest Wifi one is just about big enough. Would be good not to have the subscription of the bigger 4G models can't see anywhere how much that will cost.

Looks like you can add the ultrasonic sensor too that's on the dearest model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭blast06

Hi .... owner of a McCulloch. One year done.

Dusted it down, changed the blades, checked the docking station, put it on to the docking station to ensure it was fully charged.

No sign of it to start after a couple of hours so lifted it off the docking station and moved it down the garden. I set it off again but once it found the guide wire (and the blades never started moving), it immediately headed back to the docking station. I could see it was charging again for just a couple of minutes (literally the amount of charge it used making its way back to the docking station i would say) but won't leave the docking station to start cutting.

I have reset everything back to factory settings and still no joy.

Any ideas ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Maybe its not charging? Bad contact?

Does it show you how charged the battery is?

Placed a pre-order for the Navimow H1500 today with Robocleaners in Belgium (thanks for the heads-up @navimow11). Also getting the ultrasonic sensor. Cost €2245 in total including €30 delivery. If an Irish seller starts selling them then I may cancel and re-order locally.

Customer support said they have 350 mowers allocated and about 85% are already ordered. The smaller battery H500 model is expected to sell out this week in case anyone is looking at that one.

Bit of a gamble buying a launch product but the lack of a guide wire and having flexibility to easily change the layout make it really appealing for a multi section lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wait is that little house 250 euro.... ? Per the ad btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Has anyone made any progress with insurance companies in relation to insuring the automower. I know from experience a lot will not consider it unless locked in at night or when you are away from the home, which is neither practical or feasible.

Currently kbc are the only crowd I can get to insure it on a policy underwritten by Zurich,but this means if you want to insure the mower you are stuck with them and whatever charge they apply.

Anyone get theirs insured with anyone else?

@Redlim - i placed an order for the H1500 over the weekend too!! if it all goes pear shaped we can help each other out :-)

i did find one retailer in Ireland (midlands) that said they were looking to stock it but they said they wont be getting shipments until October which is way too late.. i cant face another spring / summer of cutting lawns every weekend!

Robocleaners said they would be shipping early April so hopefully we wont have to wait too long!

Likewise on not facing all that cutting over the next 6 months, I'm trying to get a few other bits done around the place so this should free up some of the dry evenings!

Trying to find out if it will come with an adaptable type plug so it can be used for either UK/EU style sockets. Hoping it's not just EU as it'll make it awkward for the outdoor socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 banjostring

Actually that fellow contacted me too and gave me the same price, which to be fair is a good supply only price. I actually went with a Local dealer and paid €3650.00 installed, but that included a little hut for the mower that is easily worth €150. Was considering buying from the other guy, but I needed nearly 800m of cable and (correct me if I’m wrong) the large install kit only includes 400m of perimeter cable. So I figured by the time I bought the additional cable, and spent a full Saturday fitting it that I was saving very little. Plus I have the added benefit of calling them back for any install issues. The machine was fitted yesterday and is flying it. The guy who installed it was dead sound and really knew his stuff. Couldn’t fault the service at all. For the record I was upgrading from a 9 or 10 year old Robomow that I fitted myself so had a bit of experience with the robotic mowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bedouin79

Yip I spent €250 euros on a house for the robot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Advertisement