Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Open 2022

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Just like the team he supports. Utter shite.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Smith really is the ultimate bottler!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

You could see that coming early on but I still can't believe Smith didn't win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭US3

I've been defending Smith on here for 8 or 9 years but my patience is gone. He is a bottler. Don't think he will ever win one nor do I care anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 17,826 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Smith needs a psychologist. Danny Noppert ffs. Said it himself should be winning that 11-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭shockframe

That was some collapse from Smith. And the way he beat Keane Barry before it.

A very ordinary final but fantastic drama. Was worried Noppert was going to go all Mike Gregory on it.

Delighted for Noppert all the same. If it wasn't one of our 2 lads I'm glad it was him that won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Interesting stat lowest ever average for a major winner in the PDC:

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭US3

Imagine winning a major title beating only 1 person inside the top 20 and beating him with an 84average. Terrible tournament all around apart from the Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Well I suppose the old adage is applicable , you can only beat what's in front of you , so fair play Danny Noppert

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Interesting how three of those four listed are the UK Open. Guess it kind of shows the impact having to play for three days solid — in particular three games of 19/21/21 legs on the Sunday — has on the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Well done to Noppert ultimately he had the bottle and Smith didn't and that's what separates winners from losers in darts.

Michael Smith is a better dart player than Danny Noppert and beats him 9 times out of 10 but when the 1 times is a televised ranking major well that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

I thought when Smith won the first 3 legs, the game was over.

Then he seemed to speed up his throw and he looked like he was flinging the darts and losing all rhythm.

He did the same in the world final when he was ahead.

He just seemed to want to finish the game quickly.

I think he needs to be more patient in matches.

It doesn't matter how long the match lasts.

Finals don't need to be won in record time, they just need to be won.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Also once things levelled up, looks like he lost the head way too easily.

Needs a sports psychologist for sure

Advertisement