Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Six Nations 2022 - France v Ireland, 12/02/22, KO 4.45pm - Virgin Media 1, ITV

• 11-02-2022 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭

France: 15. Melvyn Jaminet, 14. Damian Penaud, 13. Gaël Fickou, 12. Yoram Moefana, 11. Gabin Villière, 10. Romain Ntamack, 9. Antoine Dupont (c), 1. Cyril Baille, 2. Julien Marchand, 3. Uini Atonio, 4. Cameron Woki, 5. Paul Willemse, 6. Anthony Jelonch, 7. François Cros, 8. Grégory Alldritt

Replacements: 16. Peato Mauvaka, 17. Jean-Baptiste Gros, 18. Demba Bamba, 19. Romain Taofifenua, 20. Thibaud Flament, 21. Dylan Cretin, 22. Maxime Lucu, 23. Thomas Ramos.

Ireland: 15. Hugo Keenan, 14. Andrew Conway, 13. Garry Ringrose, 12. Bundee Aki, 11. Mack Hansen, 10. Joey Carbery, 9. Jamison Gibson Park, 1. Andrew Porter, 2. Ronan Kelleher, 3. Tadhg Furlong, 4. Tadhg Beirne, 5. James Ryan (c), 6. Caelan Doris, 7. Josh van der Flier, 8. Jack Conan.

Replacements: 16. Dan Sheehan, 17. Cian Healy, 18. Finlay Bealham, 19. Iain Henderson, 20. Peter O’Mahony, 21. Conor Murray, 22. Jack Carty, 23. Robbie Henshaw.

Potential Grand Slam decider? Maybe...

Possibly the toughest test that Andy Farrell has faced in his tenure and he has to do it without Sexton.

France have a massive pack and have gone for a 6-2 split on the bench, so this will be a big test for the Ireland forwards who have shown they can play rugby but can they go toe-to-toe with France? And while France have a stellar backline, they haven't quite clicked as they would have hoped.

Bookies have France as 5-point favourites, even after the loss of Sexton.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

While the 10 situation has been done to death and I have my personal doubt... I hope Joey has an absolute corker!!

Playing France in Paris is always a great fixture. Buzzing for this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Meant to add to the OP, I think we'll win, if we don't concede early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,123 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

We can win! Forwards must get on top!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Happyhouse22

So pumped for today!

12th February 2022 - Joey Carbery’s coming of age day! Think we can do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Shehal

I am intrigued most of all to see how Carbery-JGP gets on today as like I said previous the two look like they compliment each other very well, and not just because of the accent, I question in the last 2 games Carbery played for Ireland was he actually the problem or was it Murray slowing the ball down completely, guess we'll found out today bar an injury occurring before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

If France stand off the rucks like they did last week, Beirne Kelleher and Conan will have a field pay, plenty of quick ball is the key to having Joey play well.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I just want Joey to have a cracking game. All the focus and pressure is on him and there’s nothing worse than when it deflates.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Madeoface

Not overly concerned about the result here. I think we need to see how our gameplan works againt sheer size as it will have to against monster saffers in 18 months or so. I fancy our chances but if we perform and learn a bit more about the plan when the pack is under the cosh then it's a good day......if we're not mashed up front that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,123 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I think that's a good point re: Murray / Carberry, JGP will provide fast ball, so JC may play better!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How much experience do you want JGP to have, exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Murray’s experience didn’t help Carberry much last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

I would love to see an Ireland win but can’t see it but hopefully I’m wrong.

Massive test for Joey, hopefully he shows up well but his form before injury hadn’t been good. Hopefully he pushes on and has good control at 10 today even though the current Ireland game-plan everything doesn’t go through the 10.

Hoping for a Carbury Starbar instead of a Carbury Flake

My gut feeling is France by 5, I so desperately hope I'm wrong though and Ireland sneak it!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Skyfloater

It is ridiculous that Virgin are still not transmitting in HD on saorview.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭fitz

Was thinking the same thing. Can't see how they're even allowed to bid for rights without being required to broadcast in HD. It's not the 1990s, like. Over to ITV it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

France by 10 I think. Home advantage is a big thing and I think their 6/2 split will ensure greater impact off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That offload looked well forward

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭fitz

Not an ideal start.

• Advertisement

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

Crap start from Ireland, all uphill from here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Awful clearance by Gibson Park led to that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Jgp. Is a poor box kicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Thats what I thought, obviously not then. Ireland need to slow that french ball

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭iwasliedto

Forward pass

He's always there for the pass

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

just like the old days.

obviously another false dawn.

France were always going to score tries, we just need to settle down now especially for the first 20 as France will start like a house on fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,511 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Iv watched the try back 5 times and that was a forward pass no question

How can that stand?

Advertisement