Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesla Model 3 - Tyres

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

They are identical to the ones I took off, im fairly sure at the time I got the link from someone on the teslamotorsclub forum who had researched a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Super will get some next week thanks. I dont trust their website :)

Got two tyres today as i was working nearby.

https://www.discounttyres.ie near Blanchardstown,

They always stock some of these tyres they said 235 45 ZR 18 98Y

€235 fitted and balanced each. Could definitely have shopped around a bit more but was convenient.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Last year I got 2x Michelin Pilot Sport 4 235/45 R18 98 Y XL, MFS, ZR from Openeo for €166 each, and paid €25 per wheel to fit, so worked out €191 per corner fitted, which I was happy enough with, so will most likely go the same route again this summer.

I see Openeo now have the (T0) Acoustic PS4's for €210 each!! Not sure I can stomach an extra €200 for the 4 acoustic's!!

But just looking again on Openeo;

Why would you take the PS4 over the E Primacy? E Primacy is A rated in fuel compared to the PS4's B rating, and though the PS4 is speed rated to 300km/h compared to the E Primacy's 270km/h, would that ever really matter in the real world, with speed limits? E Primacy is even coming in at 70dB compared to the 'acoustic' PS4's 71dB!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

As a side note, Tesla measured my thread depth last week when the car was out with them having the upper control arms replaced and the ball joints re-sealed;

Front's: (49,000km) Driver side: 4.5mm Passenger side: 4.2mm

Rears: (19,000km) Driver side: 3.2mm Passenger side: 3.8mm

Whats the thread depth on new tyres typically? 10mm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Not sure, they said i wont need to change my fronts until i need to change those rears again, so another 30k.

That would be 60k on the fronts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭eagerv

Whats the thread depth on new tyres typically? 10mm?

I think most are around 8mm, except Bridgestone who try and be really eco and only give a reputed 5 or 6mm..😏

Continental Conti Sport Contact 5 ContiSilent - €205 per tyre,

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Acoustic - €225 per tyre

Prices fitted from Tyreland, thought that was fairly decent when looking online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement