Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Tesla Model 3 - Tyres

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭ jusmeig

They are identical to the ones I took off, im fairly sure at the time I got the link from someone on the teslamotorsclub forum who had researched a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭ eddhorse

Super will get some next week thanks. I dont trust their website :)

Got two tyres today as i was working nearby.

https://www.discounttyres.ie near Blanchardstown,

They always stock some of these tyres they said 235 45 ZR 18 98Y

€235 fitted and balanced each. Could definitely have shopped around a bit more but was convenient.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 13,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭ AndyBoBandy

Last year I got 2x Michelin Pilot Sport 4 235/45 R18 98 Y XL, MFS, ZR from Openeo for €166 each, and paid €25 per wheel to fit, so worked out €191 per corner fitted, which I was happy enough with, so will most likely go the same route again this summer.

I see Openeo now have the (T0) Acoustic PS4's for €210 each!! Not sure I can stomach an extra €200 for the 4 acoustic's!!

But just looking again on Openeo;

Why would you take the PS4 over the E Primacy? E Primacy is A rated in fuel compared to the PS4's B rating, and though the PS4 is speed rated to 300km/h compared to the E Primacy's 270km/h, would that ever really matter in the real world, with speed limits? E Primacy is even coming in at 70dB compared to the 'acoustic' PS4's 71dB!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 13,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭ AndyBoBandy

As a side note, Tesla measured my thread depth last week when the car was out with them having the upper control arms replaced and the ball joints re-sealed;

Front's: (49,000km) Driver side: 4.5mm Passenger side: 4.2mm

Rears: (19,000km) Driver side: 3.2mm Passenger side: 3.8mm

Whats the thread depth on new tyres typically? 10mm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭ eddhorse

Not sure, they said i wont need to change my fronts until i need to change those rears again, so another 30k.

That would be 60k on the fronts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭ eagerv

Whats the thread depth on new tyres typically? 10mm?

I think most are around 8mm, except Bridgestone who try and be really eco and only give a reputed 5 or 6mm..😏

Continental Conti Sport Contact 5 ContiSilent - €205 per tyre,

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Acoustic - €225 per tyre

Prices fitted from Tyreland, thought that was fairly decent when looking online.

Advertisement