Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipp Town Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

There's activity around Pall this week.
    Anyone know what's happening?

I've heard ABP are turning it into proper warehousing (Brexit etc.) but you know yourself, anything could happen, other than what you hear is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Unfortunately had to pass through this place yesterday, absolute mayhem. What's with that "roundabout" near the co op ? Rosdworks seem to be on going in tipp the last 10 years yet still some of the worst roads I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

No idea what the story is with roadworks and the work is taking ages. Church St/Limerick rd is finished and a nice surface but thought they could have made a nicer job other than the plane white concrete coloured footpaths. Maybe allow square cut outs for trees as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Paddico wrote: »
    No idea what the story is with roadworks and the work is taking ages. Church St/Limerick rd is finished and a nice surface but thought they could have made a nicer job other than the plane white concrete coloured footpaths. Maybe allow square cut outs for trees as well.

I assume the issue with trees etc is thetrucks would end up caught for space,

the second section is being done soon but half the town is opposed to it so :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I assume the issue with trees etc is thetrucks would end up caught for space,

the second section is being done soon but half the town is opposed to it so :confused:

Absolute rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

digzy wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish

whats rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

I would imagine the people living in those houses would object to trees blocking any natural light those houses might get.

Tipperary Town featured on RTEs' Eco Eye yesterday if anyone would like to catch up.

Locals and business people spoke very well at what problems need addressing.
    Also a comparison was done with Clonakilty, a thriving town. Its good to see a Tipperary Town trying to aspire to eventually been something great for the locality again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Tipperary Town featured on RTEs' Eco Eye yesterday if anyone would like to catch up.

Locals and business people spoke very well at what problems need addressing.
    Also a comparison was done with Clonakilty, a thriving town. Its good to see a Tipperary Town trying to aspire to eventually been something great for the locality again.

Until there’s some form of a bypass that can remove traffic from between the bansha road and dunnes stores roundabout, I can’t see how the town can improve.
    Clinakilty looked great but they don’t have a national route going through the heart of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

When you see all the investment Thurles town is getting it really makes you wonder why these things don’t seem to be done for Tipp , should be a vibrant commuter town

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lidl closing 23rd May according to signs outside their store in the town.

That a permanent closure? Grim town becoming grimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

callaway92 wrote: »
    Lidl closing 23rd May according to signs outside their store in the town.

That a permanent closure? Grim town becoming grimmer.

Knocking it to build a larger store.

https://tippfm.com/news/business/lidl-unveil-plans-revamp-tipp-town-store/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

MilfordBud wrote: »

Nice. Remaining where it is too which is important

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

US2 wrote: »
    The old supervalue down near lidl has been bought. Wonder what will go in there. No need for another supermarket in that town

Whatever it is it won't last.

Whatever it is it won't last.

Ive heard from one person, that its going to be used as social housing. Another said its been converted to a old folks home.
    Ive since heard Dealz and coming to that site.

Ive heard from one person, that its going to be used as social housing. Another said its been converted to a old folks home.
    Ive since heard Dealz and coming to that site.

Dealz would complete the landscape in the town, it's just take aways, bookies, pharmacies and now pound shops.

What a compete and utter hole.

A new 2 story Lidl. Dealz to open up, hopefully without the plastic signage. Those two will bring a good few back into the town center.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AMD1974

Ate here last Sunday and it was beautiful. Really surprised to find this fine dining gem. Understated style in terms of decor and exceptional food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 AMD1974

#firstworldproblems

Nice job done on the old Irish house in Tipp town

Here

That's a stunning building. I remember it in the 80s as a great place to get grub!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭anheneti

Hi guys and girls

Is their any b&bs or hotels in the town, nothing coming up on booking.com

Try Ach ns Sheen, I believe its very nice. +3536251298

Also check AirBnb, a few listed there also

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭anheneti

Thanks for your reply but everything is booked up

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Used be a grand place for a cheesecake and a coffee back in the eighties/ early nineties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Honorable

I called an electrical shop, O'Dwyers I think. Not open on Saturday? Is this usual with shops in Tipp Town?

Advertisement