Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Soaking the hurley the night before.... Small margins ?

What a strike. I read that it was travelling at 180kmph ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭KK36

From the game at Wexford Park it looks like Cian Kenny is a real option going forward. Where he is played and how he is used will be the key. Knowing us we'll play him full forward and lump high balls down on top of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Looking to hear from season ticket holders. No hard copy plastic tickets been issued this year you are issued an e ticket through your account but just noticed i have been issued tickets for only 4 of our league matches, Dublin in Parnell park the missing ticket, anyone else have this issue?

Also not sure how this e ticket system is going to work come the club action later in the year, are they going to be issuing e tickets for Junior league matches?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Will the season tickets include Ballyhale and Mooncoin matches in Croke Park next month?

It definitely includes the Senior club finals day, not sure about the Junior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

I have the same problem , I wonder when it is in Parnell park are they giving the Dubs first preference. I sent them email a few minutes ago enquiring hopefully they will get back to me tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Any chance Ronan Corcoran will be back for the club final

Well at least it's not just me which is some what of a relief, emailed them myself yesterday and still haven't heard back. It would be a complete nonsense if after a 25% price incease they weren't guaranteeing access to one of the league matches! Lets hope it's just a techniqual glitch.

Got email back what it says is once these tickets become available you will be notified by email in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VerticalStripes99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭brookville

James o Connor said after the semi final they're hopeful that ronan corcoran will be back. He was a loss the other day because he has being very good throughout. Darren mullens injury could be serious I think I read it was AC shoulder. The match up we all expected might not go ahead now with dessie so it'll be interesting to see what they do here. Will they move back darragh corcoran maybe?Darren mullen is cursed with injury we mightnt get to see him reach his full potential In a kk jersey. It has the makings of a cracking match. Shamrocks have got out of jail a few times amd ballygunner look to have that little bit extra in them and win at all cost this year although apart from the quick goals the last day there was little in their match.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Marrooned

both Kilkenny C.B.S. and St. Kieran’s bet today in Leinster semi final It’s a long time since that happened.This should send shockwaves to the under age set up in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Kieran’s we’re beaten by an amalgamation of South Dublin schools who can’t progress beyond the Leinster championship. Both Kilkenny schools play each other now and either one can still progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Plenty of Kilkenny lads on the Good Counsel team in fairness

Kierans poaching lads from other schools not paying off

That’s good to hear one of them still has a chance to progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭usualstripes

2 Glenmore, 2 mullinavat, 2 Tullogher and 3 rower lads started for good counsel today. Would have made 10 starters if Danny Glennon, the Tullogher player that was on the minor county team this year and returning from injury only came on with 10 mins to go.

A good performance from them today and they won't fear anyone.

Is Walter Walsh teaching in Good Council or is he still in that school in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭jimmythesulk

The transfers haven't reaped the dividends for kierans. Sad state of affairs when they are approaching lads from carlow schools.

Only 5 schools left competing in Leinster A hurling for schools, it would make sense to invite the Galway schools into it to make the competition a bit more competitive.

Post edited by jimmythesulk on

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

I'd be appalled to hear Kieran's did anyting like that and frankly doubt they did. Suggesting they may have actually paid for players to attend the school is for me well out of order,

Also, there were 7 schools (not 5) in the Leinster A section this year and all were good standard. Some of the games in the Harty were terribly one sided

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Your right Alonzo. I have edited my comment. 5 schools and Dublin south amalgamation made two groups of three this year. Adding Galway teams to the competition would make it more interesting and exciting and bring up the standard. Similar to the intercounty Leinster championship.

• Advertisement

He is in the counsel now. Miley purcell from the rower and declan Wall from mullinavat over the team

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Makes sense to ask the Galway schools in. The Harty cup had some one sided games but in general it was excellent this year with a first time finalist in Tulla. It's a competition that gets stronger year on year with rugby playing schools like CBC and Bandon Grammar ,Ard Scoil Ris all competitive every year now. People might not realise that CBC and Ard Scoil are still 'A' rugby schools.

Questions have to be asked about the overall relevance of schools hurling in the grander scheme of things. Kierans have dominated the All Ireland series but its not transferring to the minor teams. A concentration of talent in one or 2 schools in a county may not be such a good plan. Granted good counsel have helped.

Good post above and it was spoken about here before that we have lads from ballyhale and places going to kierans and a school at the door step. Schools like callan were alot stronger years ago but the attraction for any young lad is to go to the town school.i know kierans got a chap from Mount leinster rangers this year.

Kierans have being very successful yet its 2014 since we last won a minor final so it's not a true reflection. We've being competitive at minor its from that level to u21 where we've being awful.

What way are I'm the manager merry go round going?

Bennetsbridge are keeping the same management I was told by a bridge man.Richie doyle going to St Martins. Niall rigney going to comer.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

To be fair callan are putting in a big effort recently..conor fogarty/ canice hickey/pj delaney also brian butler drom ballyhale are all teachers there and involved in the teams..the first year's went away to kilkenny for a day recently and did lots on work on fitness/ conditioning/ diet etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Village87

Poor result for Kierans and CBS the weekend, Kilkenny struggles continue underage. Good counsel appear to be strong, Glennon was the best of Kilkenny's forwards in the minor last year, if he can get himself 100% fit they could be a challenge for anyone

St. Kieran’s seems to be a bit of a problem maybe not of it’s own making.but the facts remain that a huge amount of young lads have ambitions to be inter county hurlers. Now if 250 young lads go into first year how many are not going to make the team panel of thirty ( because there is no B team) that leaves an awful lot of disappointed young lads who will feel washed up at such an early age, where as if they went to their local schools they would be playing . I heard that the vocational schools competition could be making a comeback.

According to the report kierans had the match won but the Dublin school got a last minute goal to snatch it. Dublins sweeper and short ball and off the shoulder running had kierans in trouble. Kierans scored very little near the end and we all know what happens when you leave a team in it. Kierans were missing bill hughes who got imputed with the kk u20 and would be a big loss. They now play cbs for a place in the quarter final. Cbs were comprehensively beaten the other day and kierans will probably be favourites to progress. Good counsel have a great chance and Danny glennon got ten minutes the other day. This lad looks a very good prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭kksaints

I think people forget sometimes that Kieran's is a school and it's main focus is to educate lads in more than just hurling. A lot of children go to the big Kilkenny schools because of perceived educational quality and where the parents themselves went to school. They're not going to go change school because their youngster has a better chance of playing matches in the local vocational school. Take Thomastown for example, if you get the bus from Thomastown to Kilkenny in the morning it's full of teens from Thomastown, Inistioge and to a lesser extent the surrounding areas going to Kierans, CBS, Loreto and Presentation and the Gaelscoil used to have it's own bus from instead of going to Grennan. And that's not including parents who drive their kids into Kilkenny City.

Personally I feel that any underage development plan in Kilkenny has to be done through the clubs, I feel that people over emphasize the schools aspect in the development of hurlers. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Also missing Donagh Murphy (who interestingly I believe is a grand nephew of Len Gaynor. You can't beat the breeding 😀)

Is Patrick Langton in Kierans and if so is he also out injured still?

Lot of good teams left in this competition and the Galway sides will be very strong too.

Advertisement