Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Yeah I still don't understand how she knew he was masturbating.

She's sitting in a car in the evening in a filling station. She sees a light come on inside another car and she sees someone ****.

My questions:

• How can she see someone is **** when she's sitting in another car. Maybe she's in an SUV but even so, you can't see anyones pants in another car if you're in an SUV. As a man, sitting upright is uncomfortable when pulling yourself, so I'd imagine if someone was going to pull themselves they'd slide down their seat so their balls aren't in the way, making it even more difficult to see what he was actually doing.
    • The actions of the man would suggest, if he was pulling himself, that he wanted to be caught. He drove to a filling station where there are guaranteed to be cameras so identity and car reg on display. He turned the light on inside the car which would alert people to him and show more clearly what he was doing.

I can't say I know what goes through the mind of a public wanker but....if I didn't want to be caught or identified, then this persons actions are the exact opposite. There was a good chance Thalia got out of her car and started recording him on her phone, then sharing it online and it going viral. I don't buy it that "men know they can get away with it so they do it" as any guard worth their salt would follow up, get cctv, get a car reg. I know guards are seen as useless but they're not THAT bad.

Thalia said 2 kids with their parent just walked by and she was worried about what if they saw him. Well, I don't think the guards are so incompetent that if you went into them, said you saw someone in a car at a filling station at X time pulling themselves as 2 kids walked by that the guards wouldn't follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She saw what she saw, who are we to tell her she didn't see what she saw. Yes she could be mistaken, but it's true to her.

Reminds me of the time when in a Gas station also, walking by a guys car who had a cup of tea in one hand, and a bread roll in his lap,I had to take two to realize it was a bread roll

So just a guy having a bite to eat, an irrational person might believe they saw something else

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭bejeezus

The thing is I’ve heard it said that most women will not relate their sexual assault or experience of public indecency because they fear they won’t be believed

Covid Claire when she realises she can't fill her shows with Covid anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭zv2

What I can't understand is how people in RTE seem to have no conscience about what they are broadcasting. They know most men are not abusers; they know the difference between cat calling and murder; they know feminists are clitorally frustrated man haters; they know there's as much domestic violence against men as against women etc. etc. etc. and yet they will sit there and shamelessly promote warped, lop-sided views they know to be wrong. Yet they will perpetrate this evil against the Irish people. Why? Because they must toe the line and do the RTE thing and they will do lest a scrap of RTE glitter gets knocked off their ass and they won't be so shiny anymore. The whole shebang has descended into a depressing black comedy.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

..... they know feminists are clitorally frustrated man haters; they know there's as much domestic violence against men as against women etc. etc. etc......

You were doing ok until that bit.

Hyperbole much?

You being equally ridiculously exaggerated on the other extreme doesn't help matters one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

An article on Extra.ie reports that Claire will have a last( ?) goodbye to covid on Monday:

Claire Byrne Live Set For One Final Bizarre COVID Segment (extra.ie)

"Now it looks like the team behind the production are attempting to make one last bizarre COVID show as we say goodbye to restrictions and the country gets a handle on the virus.

One of the show’s researchers posted on social media telling people ‘We are doing a Covid wake in studio on Monday night.’

After some of the stunts we’ve seen on the show, from teaching us how to tidy a room to scolding Nigel Farage for his ‘up the RA’ comments, it is anyone’s guess as to how this wake will turn out."

Surely this is just crass television and totally disrespectful to the many who have lost family members?

I cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A furious Orla Hegarty will Skype from her living room wearing a mask sourded by hepa filters!

Ok my rhetoric is a bit OTT but I'm exasperated with this last week's reporting. McConkey saying men need to be vetted before being let out of the house; Fergus Finlay saying we should be ashamed to be men and him being ashamed because someone else done a murder. It seems RTE is allergic to reporting domestic violence against men and if they even mention it, it is only by way of covering their ass. This kind of shallow thinking and lopsided 'reporting' is risible and dangerous. Jordan Peterson seems to be one of the few educated people in the public eye who are trying to balance the situation and prevent the poison from entering the next generation.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

Pfff. They're on again this morning about how cat calling = murder. When are RTE going to call out the tsunami of feminist man hatred and maybe make a few connections there? When are they going to interview men in the pub drinking stout who prefer to get drunk than stay under the same roof with the women he married? When are they going to interview men whose drunken tyrannical wives have destroyed their family life and put another three feral children on the street? etc. etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Great Article this morning , Claire should read. Amazes me this story has not got more traction. We've being listening to claptrap from suddenly concerned politicians, Zero Tolerence etc but of course there's this little nugget being brushed under the carpet.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

If you want zero tolerance you need to build more women's prisons as studies show women's violence against men is as common. And if you want to include women's violence in the workplace and women's violence against women you need even more prisons.

Personally, I'd like the lot of them to shut up 😏 Zero Tolerance my Arse , etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭elperello

What studies?

What makes you think that there is enough violence by women in the workplace to justify building more prisons?

If you are waiting for all women to shut up you'd best get comfortable because it'll be a long wait.

I didn't actually refer to all women shutting up, I meant Politicians, Odious celebs, commentators, Know all (Know feck all), Excitable and nauseating Journalists etc etc, so to speak .😏

Sorry I thought when you were replying to a post about women that you were referring to women.

I see now that you just want everyone you dislike or disagree with to shut up.

Probably an equally long wait 🙂

No, just the general Shyte talk, absurd commentary, hysterics etc, perhaps you agree with it 🤔, I don't, it's utter nonsense

You just need to apply a filter.

Sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

Trust me I've been there. Studies? Different studies give different results but it seems to even out across a sample: Male_Victims_of_domestic_violence (1).pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A Covid time capsule, ffs, we are not even away from the masks yet.

Rory's Stories 🙄

On about mental health I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

A Covid Time Capsule.

Top class current affairs!

Whoever this Crossy guy is, looks like he's on the way back from his debs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

A war about to break out in Europe and this is the shíte they have on it? Ffs

O my F*****G is that a covid capsule , seriously 😳

Ah Jaaaazus, Claire lost the plot all together.

Is she getting into by any chance 😁

He seems pretty happy in the fact he's an alcoholic

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A mask in the open air and not in a pub, crazy state of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Our national obsession with alcohol is pathetic.

Crossy looks fairly unhealthy.

• Advertisement

I hope there's a real good wikipedia page written about covid in Ireland. It was a surreal 2 years.

Not being allowed 2km from home. 9 euro meals in pubs. Takeaway pints. etc.

Surreal, surreal. We'll look back in 10/20 years and think it was even more surreal.

Advertisement