Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane McInerney arrested due to bad behavior on flight to NYC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

And after all this the only ones who know who the fcuk Shane Mcinerney is are the people on this thread who read the article, this is a non story about some random Irish fella who got a job teaching others to kick a ball, thread title should be 'random Irish eejit causes minor trouble on flight' I'm sure the Americans are well able to handle him and in a years time we won't remember his name, another thread about nothing

14 hours? Where were you flying to? He was flying Dublin to New York. A 7 hour flight.

But he'll still be in jail, that's their point.

A 24 carat prat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭AyeGer

What do you want to talk about, start a thread and see if people are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Altitude clearly does not work well with medication in certain cases. That's been proven time and time again in certain cases.

Go easy you miserable jail merchants out there. If there's a life more miserable than yours.... What's the problem?;

A few years will get the lesson learned. 20 years, fook off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,066 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

He's not getting 20 years.

And if you're on medication that doesn't mix with altitude, maybe you should avoid mixing them instead of terrorising everyone else unlucky enough to be be sharing the plane with you.

I think it's more likely that the medication (if he was even on any) didn't mix with the alcohol he knocked back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭AyeGer

If he is out on bail what is his chances of skipping bail and getting back to Ireland. Would Ireland extradite him back to US for this sort of crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Taking pills and drink do not mix at altitude. It could happen to any of us. Probably so excited about his amazing new job and location. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,066 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Eh, no.

I cannot imagine any cocktail of drink/ drugs/altitude that would prompt me to attack other passengers, moon, and generally cause mayhem on a transatlantic flight.

Excited about his new job? Really???

You really think that's a valid excuse/explanation??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Gusser09

You'd imagine that losing his job and nevee being able to get into America again would be punishment enough.

A custodial sentence in a federal prison would be rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

feck him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

from looking at his info online He looks and sounds like a golden spoon bolox … I think a ban on flights for next few years and deportation/ban from America will smarten him up … Id say prison in America would be the nearest you will get to hell.. wouldn’t like to see anyone get that in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

9/11 was a game changer for the US in relation to air travel. Zero tolerance for any acting the knob on a flight in American air space. He will probably do a little time. 18 months plus an alcohol and drugs rehab programme thrown in for good luck.

This is a federal crime. You don't skip them and not expect follow up.

Federal charges are not like stabbing the local shop keeper in a robbery.

OMG- cruel and unusual punishment!!! Only in America 😂

So are airplanes like flying embassies or something? When you're in international airspace on an American plane, you break federal laws but not any state laws, or would the plane be registered to a certain state? I assume if this was an Irish plane, he'd be in trouble with the Irish authorities?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SamStonesArm

I didn't know him until I googled and seen who he is. I'm still not sure to be honest but what will happen is , omg I took a sleeping tablet and it messed me up, sale as that cork radio fella who got caught having a ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I don’t know anything about this chap, but the fact he has frosted tips & is wearing 3 rings on one of his hands would tell me he’s a complete buffer.

Post edited by Tilikum17 on

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Are you sure?

Not even some Valium, to calm you down a bit? Never know, you might enjoy it. 😉

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Caquas

Skip bail? Like, turn up at JFK tomorrow expecting to board a flight home? 😎

That would get him serious jail time. The Yanks don’t mess around with bail.

Unlike here. Lads disappearing all the time but how many bail bonds are confiscated?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭HBC08

London -Singapore.In fairness I'd always expect unlimited booze on a long haul flight and would always have had it heading to Asia.Ive only flown from Ireland to East Coast US a few times and I can't remember if there was free booze or not.

Yes,Ireland have an extradition treaty with the US as you'd expect and we'd hand him back in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,508 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

**** him

Acting like a scumbag towards people who are just rying to do their jobs, hope they throw the book at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,975 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I thought when I saw this thread WTF is this clown, then it be became apparent he's just a moronic, attention seeking, nobody Scroat who's about to learn all about American Justice system, Good luck with that Shane 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Stilnox/Ambien are the names of a common powerful sleeping tablet that is often mentioned in these cases.

Trust me I know from experience if you mix this with alcohol anything can happen.Ive stupidly done this a few times and had bad outcomes.My friend also did this on a flight to Australia and if it wasn't for his girlfriend being with him he would have been arrested when they landed.

Now you could make the point its dumb to do this in the first place and you'd be right.Theres no suggestion that's what happened here (although it's always trotted out by defense lawyers in these cases) The guy might just be a dickhead with he has drink.

I always laugh with I hear about Prenderville pulling the stomach off himself on a flight and getting caught because.........Nuerofin plus! Ffs,how did he get away with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Juran

Totally unacceptable behaviour, and a safety risk to the flight, crew and passengers, that I think we all agree.

Its one thing doing this on a flight bound for Ireland, the Gardaí waiting for you, released after a couple of hours, home to mammy, court appearance 18 months later with a small fine, slap on the wrist, the court story might make the local newspaper.

But its another thing doing this on a flight destined for the US. As posted already said, since 9/11, any sign of not complying to the airline regulations, not obeying crew instructions, etc, expect to be treated like a high rish terrorist. Expect no mercy from police, FBI, court systems. Many years ago, I was pulled away and questioned by US immigration in the states over a visa I held. It was all ok after some checks by them, and I was let off to my US destination. But my god, I thought I was going to be hauled off to a holding cell or Guatanomo Bay. I wouldnt wish it on anyone (who is innocent).

I doubt he will get 20 years, he might get say 2 years or less, he will get a fine, deported (after any jail time), visa cancelled, barred from entering the US until he is an old man, and obviouly thats the end of his coaching career in Florida / US.

I wonder if many employers in Ireland would hire him in the future, I mean jobs in areas such as trainer in sports clubs / gyms, sales reps for sports companies, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,354 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

20 years would be incredibly harsh for this.

However, if you have issues controlling yourself with alcohol, then don't get drunk on a flight. Especially on a flight to the US. You'll get little sympathy over there for this type of stuff.

Advertisement