Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane McInerney arrested due to bad behavior on flight to NYC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Gusser09

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hope he's not deported back here for 10 years plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I can’t fathom this attitude. I think he’s an absolute tool, but how on earth does he deserve a decade of his life in prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,498 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

They need to clamp down on this. An aeroplane is a confined space, it intimidating for passengers because you cannot just cross the road to avoid someone acting the maggot,

Above all, they need a proper international no fly list, don't keep him at taxpayers expense in some prison, but do ban him from all flughts everywhere for 20 years. It is no good Delta banning him and Aer Lingus flying him. When they do deport him, it should be on a ship.

M

Ask anyone who was on that plane how they felt. It's no place for being drunk and risks the lives of those onboard. That flight would have departed around 11am from Dublin, pure gobshite drinking on it. If he was on medication that makes him an even bigger fool.

• Advertisement

I don’t disagree with any of your points tbh. But.. 10 years?!

M

If he was your son or your brother, would you still feel that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭AyeGer

There is an article in the daily mail about it now.. he’s made the big time.

Sounds more like a arrogant plonker than a scumbag though.

M

Yes for the shame he would bring on the family. He brought this purely on himself, nobody else to blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Gusser09

The fact that this happened on a pressurised tin at 50 thousand feet means he should probably do a custodial sentence. You juat cant be acting like that on an aeroplane.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Exactly. He is not sentenced yet. I believe air rage is taken very seriously in America. I doubt he will be sentenced to twenty years though.

'A court spokesman said that if convicted of this felony charge, McInerney could be sentenced to 20 years in prison.'

20 years is very unlikely, but US sentencing is usually totally disproportionate, so who knows!

Also, unless he has US citizenship, even if it’s a short sentence, he’ll almost certainly be deported and banned from entry for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

His GAA contacts should come in handy 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Have I got the wrong person, or was there an article in the weekend Irish Times supplement a few months ago about this fella and another who had been given a big chance in the States with NFL teams off the back of their GAA record?

Shocking waste of the opportunity if I've got the right one....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve never heard of the fella but it seems after a quick google he’s an individual who let’s just say has certain eccentricities and is a bit overly and overtly fond of himself….

he would be unlikely to avoid a custodial sentence I’d say… the way the article reads it was more then a one off few verbals and a bit of messing… it was consistent aggressive, intimidatory and at times violent behaviour.. booting seats that people were sitting in might be the problem….as well as the captain issue..I know it’s only grabbing a hat but still, shows his disrespect…

though I’d also say he’s probably with his Mammy and TD scribbling down a letter of apology as well as looking for a mental health professional to write a nice few excusing words…… you can see it….

bu bu bu bu, I was stressed, missing xx, scared of flying, lost my favourite socks….and I didn’t get a happy meal at the airport they only had Burger King… so it was a sad meal..and yes I got my cock out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Didn't mean it like that, but the article linked by the OP was strangly very specific in naming the miscreant, like he was well known or something. Usually such stories just use the generic Irishman.

🙈🙉🙊

I thought the article was very strangely written as well

M

In US movies the prisoners and the guards usually have a game of football against each other once a year, he has that to look forward to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sky news have he allegedly put his fist to the captains face. Imagine sitting on a plane watching this unfold.

He threw a can that hit a passenger. Refused to sit down during landing, remaining standing in the aisle .... allegedly.

This isn't a club med 18-30 flight to Ibiza where you can expect a certain amount of shenanigans.

Imagine flying with your family/kids and watching a grown man drop his trousers to the cabin crew.

I've been on buses where stuff has kicked off and not been the better of the experience for days after, I can't imagine what it would be like on a plane.

While 20 years is alot for being a class A eejit. I'd say he frightened alot of passengers and an example will be made of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Might get to tar the roof of the plate factory if he knows the right people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

He probably thought he was Nicholas Cage - ConAir, The Reboot(of the seat in front).

I'd say he'll get a hefty fine and effed out of the States. No Fly list as well, as someone else mentioned, for say 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

My cat once got his head stuck in an empty tin of beans. He went bat-sh1t crazy for about 2mins before it came off. Sometimes being stuck in a confined space make u go crazy.

Well if flying has that effect on you, for the safety and comfort of the rest of the flying public and crew, maybe you'd be better off sailing to America 🙄

Not to mention the future of your own liberty by the looks of it!

Lucky he is a white Irishman or he might have ended up in a CIA black site getting waterboarded for an attempted hijacking while attacking the captains hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I wonder what was he on as the amount of alcohol on a plane these times be limited... i expect he will just be sent home with a fine and not allowed enter US for considerable time... i wonder are these incidents noted on passport... He will carry this for a long time...

I suppose they should be grateful that he didn't try the traditional moon of sticking his arse out of a nearby window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Previous article written about him here

Looks like he's after throwing away a massive opportunity. Doubt he'll get anything remotely close to 20 years but I'd be surprised if he avoids jail.

No sympathy for him whatsoever. I'm a bit of a nervous flyer myself, as a lot of people would be, so can't imagine what it'd be like being stuck on a transatlantic flight with all this going on around me.

Advertisement