Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Film/TV Series Recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭garra

Perplexed at how they can organise the delivery of the world's online shopping in jig time, but can't manage an electronic library with only a limited set of media to categorize.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭garra

And now I find myself downloading the Leftovers even though I pay for Netflix and Prime. Old habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Have a month's trial for prime atm. Saw 'The Father' up there last night but the app is giving a 'temporarily unavailable' error when I go to play it. Went on to their support who said it's not available outside UK due to Brexit. Pretty annoying that it's not filtered out or at least gives a message that tells you why you can't play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭santana75

Has anyone seen "The underground Railroad"? I saw that it won the golden globe for best drama series. Is it any use?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s probably my favourite tv show since Twin Peaks The Return in terms of sheer craft - Barry Jenkins and co have really crafted a remarkable looking and sounding piece of work. Really on a different level to anything else on TV.

The show can be pretty slow-paced and harrowing, so it’s not an easy watch. But it feels like a novel in the best possible way (apt, given it’s adapted from a novel!).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I've only heard good things about it. Haven't got round to watching it yet as I've read the book and know its pretty heavy subject matter and probably would need to be in the right frame of mind to watch and enjoy it.

Cool thanks, I started it the other night but I was tired and I knew I'd have to be fairly fresh for something like this so I'll start it again during the week. I'm getting 12 years a slave vibes and I thought that was an amazing film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Finished The Expanse season 6 last night, poorly executed final season

Watched "Wrath of man".......what a surprise, a lot better than I thought it would be. Definitely recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Very disappointing was looking forward to watching once I saw it was added, excuse is lame things available in the UK and not here simply don't appear for selection so why after nearly a week is a placeholder for it still there as if you can view it, poor form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Found a cracking little sci-fi film last night called Level 16.

Had never heard of it but really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭dublin49

The "Tender Bar " directed by George Clooney is a typical Wholesome American family Drama,without much drama it has to be said.Nice watch ,Ben Affleck steals the show although his character is to good to be true.Enjoyable fare ,1970's little house on the Prairie in New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Prime has gone to the dogs at this stage. Really poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

It's funny, there was a period there during 2020 where I found myself using prime a lot more than Netflix. I don't think I've watched anything on it in about 6 months at this stage (since they took down bobs burgers and the shield, both of which I was working my way through). Justified is the only thing on my watchlist that I actually want to watch. Such a poor selection/new additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah likewise, cancelled recently. Would have watched a lot on Prime I loved like Patriot, Baron Noir, The shield etc but the lack of new recent releases has been noticeable

• Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I honestly think the content isn't bad...the interface is horrendous as usual.

If you look at just watch you will see things are still being pretty regularly added.

But they have definitely slipped behind Netflix and Disney+ the past while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Amazon's own content is pretty good - films and TV - but there's so little of it it does beg the question if the service is worth the subscription. Say what you will about Netflix's tactic of releasing 20 billion shows a month: at least there's always something to one's tastes. With The Expanse and Wheel of Time finished, and Bob's Burger removed (thanks to Disney?), I realise the only thing I'm watching at the moment is the last season of Bosch. Yikes.

I was thinking the same, especially with their original "TV". I feel like they're just pumping out The Boys. I know covid pushed some things back but other streamers seem to be managing now. It's been over a year since S1 of The Wilds, and I'm sure there was supposed to be a S2 of Uploaded too. But there's no sign of either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

I think the other challenge Amazon have had is that their own shows haven’t really broken through into the mainstream, when I talk to people it’s far more likely that they have started to watch Dopesick or one of the marvel/Star Wars shows on Disney rather than something on Prime, or others will be watching some of the HBO content on Nowtv.

Selection of new titles/re-adds in the last week or so

'71

Alpha

Ameilie

Anastasia

Black Book (Original Title: Zwartboek)

Comet

Enemy of the State

Face/Off

Flight Plan

The Founder

The Full Monty

Good Boys (2019)

Good Morning Vietnam

The Grand Budapest Hotel

The Heat (Bullock)

High Fidelity

Hotel Transylvania: Transformania (Amazon Original)(2021)

Hot Tub Time Machine

I Am Number Four

Jennifer's Body

Juno

King Arthur

Kingdom of Heaven

Life of Pi

Little Miss Sunshine

Me, Myself & Irene

Miss Violence

The Monuments Men

Moulin Rouge!

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

The Revengers' Comedies (Neill/Bonham Carter)

Room

Rush Hour 3

Some Like It Hot

Tell It to the Bees (Paquin/Grainger)(2019)

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

When Harry Met Sally

This Is Us (Season 6) (2 Episodes, weekly 'til conclusion)

Expiring soon(That I'm aware of)

The Next Three Days - 24/1

Bridesmaids - 28/1

Downton Abbey (Season 1-6,Specials) - 31/1

Parks and Recreation (Season 1-7) - 31/1

30 Rock (Season 1-7) - 1/2

Post edited by Wrongway1985 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

If you can develop an interest in the ‘all or nothing’ sports documentaries, and don’t mind watching it for different sports, then you got a lot of stuff to view. I have only watched the Man City one, it’s ok nothing great but an easy watch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh yeah, The Boys. That must be Amazon's big hit given how hard they have leaned into (proposed) spin offs and viral marketing. I've never got the impression Amazon have as large a slate of shows, even compared with small services like Apple TV.

After me wondering about it only yesterday, I see S2 of Uploaded is arriving on March 11th.

Also, I see A Hero was added today. Directed by Asghar Farhadi, supposed to be really good.

Not part of All or Nothing but the Crystal Palace one When Eagles Dare is quite good.

Watched 'The Loft' earlier easy keep guessing type of watch but payoff bland enough it's about 5 lads who are in on an apartment a place they can stray away from wives, a mysterious death has the 5 keyholders questioning their friends and how they can get out of the predicament.

Only found out it was a remake of a Belgian movie afterwards which is perhaps better. James Marsden,Karl Urban, lad from Prison Break and Rachael Taylor were all in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Started watching Key & Peele during the week, the two lads are excellent are sketches. Seen a good few clips on YouTube but said I'd watch the show, well worth a watch if you are into that kind of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

Poor fare generally on prime these days alright, one decent watch I found recently was 'Accussed' directed by Jimmy McGovern. Stand alone hour episodes.

A Hero (Original Title: قهرمان)(Amazon Original)(2021)

Accidents Happen (G.Davis)

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Closed Circuit

David Brent: Life on the Road

Dear Tenant (2020)

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

The Disappeared 

Downstream (Original Title: On the line)

Federica Pellegrini - Underwater (2022)

God Help the Girl

The Great Escape

Halloween III: Season of the Witch

Jewel

Lou

Making Monsters (2019)

The Man Who Invented Christmas

My Son (Foy/McAvoy)(Amazon Original)(2021)

Platoon

Pretty Woman

The Proposal

Real Steel (Jackman/Lilly)

Robocop (P.Weller/K.Smith)

The Rock

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Searching (Cho/Messing)

Signs (Gibson/J.Phoenix)

Sunshine (C.Murphy/R.Byrne/Yeoh/C.Evans)

TiMER

Unbreakable (Willis/S.L.Jackson)

Wakefield

As We See It (Amazon Original)(2022)

No Activity/本日も異状なし (Amazon Original)(2021)

Simeone: Vivir partido a partido(Amazon Exclusive)(2022) - Diego Simeone Documentary

The Golden Compass - 31/1

Vanilla Sky - 4/2

Trainwreck - 6/2

The Mindy Project (Season 1-6) - 3/2

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm having this problem too, tried a few different devices but no joy. It's really annoying as I really want to watch it.

Anyone find a work around?

About A Boy

The Age of Adaline (Lively/Huisman/H.Ford)

Bad Teacher

Copshop (Amazon Exclusive)(2021)

Dear John (Seyfried/Tatum)

Definitely, Maybe (R.Reynolds/E.Banks)

Divergent series :

• Divergent
    • Insurgent
    • Allegiant

Escape Plan

The Fast and The Furious series :

• The Fast and Furious
    • 2 Fast 2 Furious
    • The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift
    • Fast & Furious
    • Fast 5
    • Fast & Furious 6

He's Just Not That Into You

The Lucky Ones (Robbins/McAdams/M.Pena)

The Impossible (Watts/E.McGregor/Holland)

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Miss Bala

Notting Hill

Romeo + Juliet

Seven Pounds (W.Smith/R.Dawson/Harellson)

Sweet Home Alabama

There's Something About Mary 

The Twilight Saga :

• Twilight
    • New Moon
    • Eclipse
    • Breaking Dawn Part 1
    • Breaking Dawn Part 2

Unstoppable (D.Washington/C.Pine/R.Dawson)

The Village (B.D.Howard/J.Phoenix/W.Hurt/Weaver)

War Horse

The Waterboy (Sandler/K.Bates)

The Legend of Vox Machina (Amazon Original)(2022) - First 3 Episodes (Batches of 3 Episodes weekly 'til conclusion)

Sicario - 7/2

Saving Private Ryan - 14/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Lots of price hike stories flying around

Advertisement