Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Film/TV Series Recommendations

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Irish price has always been way lower than others because you didn't get any of the benefits of Prime offered in the UK, or US. Not sure if that will change with the opening of an Irish warehouse though.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Yeah seeing that too, if there is a price increase I'll probably drop it. There isn't an awful lot on the platform in terms of new releases, might be better to just get a month when something good pops up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I've dropped it already - it was handy for free deliveries but I'm trying to be a bit more prudent this year and I've gone months where I mightn't have watched anything on Prime. My sub runs out on Tuesday. Going to watch Reacher over the weekend and I'll sub for the month when the new season of Boys is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

I cancelled it last month once The Expanse ended. I wouldn't mind watching Reacher but I'll wait until I have a few shows lined up and binge them for the month. Definitely the future of steaming will be cycling through the services

• Registered Users Posts: 30,336 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Looks like all 8 episodes of Reacher are available which is surprising as I thought they were being released one at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Marvelous Mrs Maisel back 18th of Feb too.

Watched Wrath of Man last night, pleasantly surprised me too defo worth an auld gawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ms Maisel is only show that keeps me on prime.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Watched episode 1 last night, main character is a bit wooden but huge improvement on Cruise, fight scenes quite good

Have watched 5 myself and enjoying them so far. Jack Reacher is definitely more suited to this mini-series format compared to the movies.

I would be a fan of Cruise but he was no Reacher. Definitely better casting in the series and much more realistic fight scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Don't think your man is wooden at all as Reacher. Really enjoying him and his interplay with the other characters. On episode 6 and we'll be finished it this evening. Totally recommend this.

• Advertisement

Watched the second one last night, he has loosened up a bit,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The last episode was dragged out, it had enough content for thirty minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Finished Clarkson's Farm a few weeks back - while there are plenty of funny moments it did drag a little bit in parts. The first and last episodes were the highlight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

haven't seen Reacher yet, would it be on to 24 with Kiefer Sutherland?

No, monosyllabic hulk walks around ,asks questions, busts heads

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so it is like 24😉

Got to agree, the ending contained so much fluff but otherwise an excellent season 1 I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

2 decent watches for me recently on prime. 'I want you back' solid indie rom com with Charlie Day. Sharp script and dialogue with some good laughs. Wouldn't usually be a genre for me but quite enjoyed it. 'Copshop' with Grillo and Butler , enjoyable brainless action movie with assault on prescient 13 vibes. Both 7/10 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Selection of new titles/re-adds in the last week or so

Belle

Borat

Braveheart

Bruno

The Hating Game (Amazon Original)(2021)

Hideous Kinky

I Want You Back (Amazon Original)(2022)

The King's Speech

Knowing

Law Abiding Citizen

Lying and Stealing (2019)

Miss Sloane

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

Now You See Me

Now You See Me 2

The Peanut Butter Falcon

Prisoners

P.S. I Love You

Rooney (Amazon Exclusive)(2022)

Running with the Devil (2019)

Safe Haven

Spotlight

Reacher - Killing Floor (Amazon Original)(2022)

Scandal (Season 1-7)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Andrew93

Having watched blue mountain state I'm finding it hard to take Alan Richardson serious in Reacher.

Can only see Thad Castle 😅

Selection of new titles/re-adds in the last week or so

Alex of Venice

Antigone

Awaydays 

Bringing Down the House

Charms for the Easy Life

Confessions of a Shopaholic

The Courier (Cumberbatch/J.Buckley/Brosnahan)(2020)

Date Night (Fey/Carell)

The Day After Tomorrow

The Descendants

The Devil Wears Prada

DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story

Fun with Dick and Jane

A Good Year

Gone in Sixty Seconds

Hacksaw Ridge

The Help

Holmes & Watson

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2

I Am Not a Serial Killer

The Journey (Spall/Meaney/Highmore/J.Hurt)

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Love on the Sidelines

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Misconduct (Duhamel/A.Hopkins/Pacino)

Miss Nobody

One Night Off (Amazon Original)(2021)

The Other Woman (C.Diaz/Mann)

The Right Distance (Original Title: La giusta distanza)

Road to Perdition (Newman/Hanks/Craig/Law/Tucci/J.J.Leigh/C.Hinds)

Robbo: The Bryan Robson Story (2021)

Spinning Boris (Goldblum/Schreiber)

Tapped Out

Terror in the Family (Swank)

The Twilight of the Golds

Unleashing Mr. Darcy

Walkabout

Walk of Shame

We Are Your Friends

Word of Honor

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Season 4)(Amazon Original)(2022) - 2 Episodes/weekly until conclusion

Expiring soon(That I'm aware of)

13 Going on 30 - 2/3

Erin Brockovich - 5/3

Whiplash - 7/3

Chaos Walking - 9/3

Two Amazon Original shows returning in the next few months,

Uploaded S2 - March 11th

The Wilds S2 - May 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is Uploaded worth catching up on before Season 2? I remember skipping it at the time of release because critics were a little luke warm but I could be wrong.

You know, I'm struggling to remember most of it. I don't think it was hilariously funny, it was more like gentle humour? I completely forgot about it until a few months ago when I was watching something else with Robbie Amell in it.

Out of interest I went back through this thread to see if it was discussed before and there's one post from me saying I was 4 eps in and it wasn't what I expected but I was enjoying it 🤷‍♀️

I doubt that's much help to you but for what it's worth I don't finish things if I don't like them, so..... I guess I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That's exactly the type luke warm reaction I recall at the time. I think given Greg Daniels track record it was considered to be a bit of a let down.

I had no idea it was one of his shows. For what it's worth, I started Space Force a few weeks ago and stopped after like 3 eps, so I'd definitely say Uploaded is better than that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's all right. Distinctly "nothing special". Comedy's a bit flat, drama's a bit flat, satire's a bit toothless. It has a sweet heart though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

"The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Season 4)(Amazon Original)(2022) - 2 Episodes/weekly until conclusion"

Finally. Really looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I really enjoyed it more and more as it went along, very interesting concept

Advertisement