Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smoking should be banned in Pubs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

in favour (smoked my own cigarrettes for 6 years, still smoking others against my will)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

in favour of compromise

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

in favour (ex-smoker)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

In favour

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes.
    Only 30% smoke. Why should they make Pubs uninhabitable for the 70% non-smokers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

For the motion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

In favour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

well it is not right thats as smokers, our rights are restricted. i mean what would happen if the government said that all non-smokers must pay an extra tax because they are losing too much money because of the ban. there would be uproar and there would be claims of martial law coming from every direction. this is the biggest restriction of freedom that i have ever seen in my life and most people seem to think that it is fair and just.

this country is a shambles as it is. now they are really showing that they want ireland to become the united states of the republic of ireland. this imo is a total and utter joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

oh jesus..exactly how stupid are you pyramid man...
    Do NOT, repeat do NOT start debating the topic, this is only for garnering who is interested in the debate and on which side.

Im sure your points are valid, but dont you understand your tampering with the debate ??? no arguments should be made until teams are set. AT ALL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

against :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Smoker, against the ban, but from a publicans point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭FirA_Fascio

IN FAVOUR!

If I was any more in favour of the ban I'd implode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ism_ist

In favour of the ban

I work in Pubs and Clubs!! Clothes stink! Lungs destroyed. Why should I have to suffer!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'd like to withdraw my application for the debate.

I'm still against the ban but I've realised there's a huge hole in my arguments for an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

In favour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

why is this tread allowed to continue? Have teams not been appointed yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ism_ist

Agreed, pick the teams!!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

How many "againsts" do you see here?

I had been hoping Evil Phil was going to head the "against" team...now I dont even have a team leader!

I'll review the list and see if there are enough to make two sides.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 blindboy

AGAINST

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Against. Definitely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Can you strike me off the list please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Okay, I'm back in now. Apparently to captain the winning, oh excuse me, the against team :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Evil Phil
    Okay, I'm back in now. Apparently to captain the winning, oh excuse me, the against team :)

Am I that intimidating? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

.AGAINST

this country is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

Originally posted by kano476
    .AGAINST

this country is a joke

i think that is one of the truest statements made here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

In Favour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭talla

I've already said I'm against the ban, considering theres a lack of people actually willing to debate for the against side, i'll throw my hat in the ring(although im away for the next week)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

What's happening with the debate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

favour (smoker)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

If smoking is to be Banned in Pubs and other place of work will the include other sources of smoke (Candles, open fires, Paraffin stoves etc) also be banned ?

Advertisement