Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moon Knight - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Some reports today that Moon Knight will start next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Forgot about this. Figured we would get Ms Marvel or She-Hulk before it. Wasn't Ms Marvel originally a 2021 series?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I don’t think I had ever heard of the character before the show was announced.

The Star Wars sequels have left such a bad taste that I really don’t care to see any of the cast for a while. Issac in particular because he was supposed to be a proper Star Wars fan.

However someone told me Ethan Hawke is supposed to be in this and if true I’m guessing he is a villain. That might be worth putting up with Issac.

I really wish Marvel would make some of these hero characters a nationality other than American.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Interesting costume; good mix of the Egyptian to give it more of a story in of itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hopefully they do like Deadpool and Spider man and give the mask some expression

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Marvel ... studios? That sounded a bit ominous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Never heard of this character but looks like an adult storyline...?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That looks extremely solid, immediately shooting up my head rankings of MCU shows (based on their trailers lol). Good sense of the mysterious, with just the right hint of menace. Even Oscar Isaac's accent is ok to my ears. Only have very scattered understanding of Moon Knight which might help preserve the twists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Starts March 30th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Is this the next Disney+ release? Ms Marvel doing reshoots so that won't be out soon and She Hulk has been a bit quiet for an imminent release

It feels very .. bright? .. for what I had picked up on as a marvel kinda Batman

Depends on the Batman though! 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,204 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sad news in advance of the show airing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP Gaspard Ulliel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,897 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Is this Batman?

So will this open the door for Netflix style brutality and violence and help bring back rest of The Defenders and The Punisher to join Daredevil & Kingpin in the MCU.

“He’s brutal,” Feige tells the online movie magazine Empire. “It’s been fun to work with Disney+ and see the boundaries shifting on what we’re able to do. There are moments [in the series] when Moon Knight is wailing on another character, and it is loud and brutal, and the knee-jerk reaction is, ‘We’re gonna pull back on this, right?’ No. We’re not pulling back. There’s a tonal shift. This is a different thing. This is Moon Knight.”

• Advertisement

I'm like.. ok Feige says it.. so like.. I guess.

Hard not to think of

but like.. Feige saying it..

Meh, I'll believe it when I see it. The superhero genre has pushed boundaries pretty far by now; I'm not expecting Invincible level of gore and carnage but brutality in these things comes with a lot that I'll take Feiges hype with a pinch of salt.

Superbowl spot!

Big Game TV Spot | Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight | Disney+

Did you see how Brutal he was with the car window!😲😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Starts tomorrow

Alright! Bracing for some Brutal action! 😲

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,248 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I genuinely have no idea what to expect.

Bring it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not sure what I watched there however I did like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,204 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's obviously a lot of setup, especially as this is the first Marvel TV show without any prior MCU characters. It's hard to determine what the actual stakes are though. I enjoyed the episode a lot and I thought Oscar Isaac gave a great performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Very watchable and interesting first episode I thought. Not a standard superhero intro and all the better for it.

Oscar Isaacs accent which initially was distracting became a lot less so as it went on. It looked lush and well made with a few notable exceptions.

Some of the CGI was absolutely brutal...bits in the car chase were shocking....

1: That was fun. Think I've got the gist of it and that it's still very much at the intro to a new character and background.

I liked that some of the special effects got the moon in and that it wasn't just a bright white orb 🙂 It's not easy to photo/video the moon!

So for any things I was curious about..

I'm guessing he either owns that apartment or gets money from somewhere else. Hardly renting a place in the middle of london on a gift show salary.. or the show could just be taking liberties.. fine either way.

I'm putting him and his mythos sometime after the Eternals.. so like maybe there's a link or not.. maybe it's a bit too far

Could touch off Apocalypse in the ancient times and/or the X-Men now either.. but maybe unlikely.. though the trailer for Dr Strange 2 would have me thinking about it.

Wonder what that European country was. All hills and fancy castle and all. Hardly Sokovia. Maybe one of the Alps countries.

I wouldn't exactly say it was very brutal. The flashback/forword parts maybe. They didn't need to advertise it like that though, the show has plenty more going on.

Anyway, it comes across fine so far. Hawke did fine in his scenes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I had mixed feelings on this. On the bright side, Isaac was good, and Hawke comes across as an intriguing character. I liked the car chase and the trippy aspects. On the other hand, the CGI was hugely disappointing. I'm not sure I've seen it worse than this. I thought the introduction of the costume was a big let-down. Tough to get immersed in visuals that are akin to a game cutscene from the 2000s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Shred

Good opening episode I thought, plenty of intrigue to at least make me come back for the second episode.

@Slydice It looked like Bavaria, the castle looked like Neuschwanstein to me at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,248 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I Can't Believe It's Not Venom.

Could be Bavaria in the show. Just watched Graces breakdown of the episode and the filming was Slovenia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,897 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Interesting. So I take it this will proceed like Batman now where he'll be kicking the sh!te out of people at night? 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Good first impressions I watched without any knowledge of who was staring in this and a limited character bio too very fast pace the villain took me by surprise when I found out who it was. The story should be a good one with a very fast development at the end of the episode looking forward to episode 2.

That was an intriguing first episode - entertaining enough to keep me watching - know nothing about the source

If you want bad CGI watch the first episode of Halo - that was PC game level

p.s. Ethan Hawke looks really old in this for someone 51

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Amazing its the same universe as talking raccoons and ducks etc

Did enjoy the first episode and feel this could be great. Laughted at the monster thing trying to run away at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Knew nothing about it, was really impressed, Issac did a great job with the accent

• Registered Users Posts: 21 poppysee

Watched the first episode last night and so far it seems like Moon Knight is off to a great start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Watched Ep1 last night and honestly I didn't have a clue what was going on.

2: Parkour! 🙂

Felt like a bit of a mixed bag this one. Some bits felt dull but some scenes very exciting!

So now..

a move to Cairo? I think.

I wonder if Layla came with or maybe followed.

I did like that superhero landing in the different suit! 🙂

Just had to read the Wiki page about the character to have any understanding of what is going on especially regards to who Mark/Steven is

Not sure I'm liking the comedy/fish out of water aspect part of the show - expected something a bit more darker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I watched episode 1. Utter garbage .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Out of curiosity, I scanned the QR code that was in the storage locker. It's a link to a free online Moon Knight comic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement