Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moon Knight - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I'd love to see an interaction between Leyla and Sam Wilson given how they both have winged costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was half expecting a Jon Snow Black Knight cameo appearance at the end of the episode or the stinger to tie it in with and spin Moon Knight off into that part of the MCU

• Registered Users Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Or even something to tie in with the new Doctor Strange movie which is out tomorrow like how Agent's of Shield used to do

• Registered Users Posts: 33,256 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I saw online that people were theorising that Gorr The God Butcher from the next Thor movie would show up, maybe post-credits, and kill one or more of the Egyptian Gods. Would have been good, but at the same time considering we haven't even seen him in a trailer yet I'm sure most people would have been wondering who the hell he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

from what I gather, there were several people in this thread confused by the plot too 😂

• Advertisement

I think there's an important difference between confused and just not knowing important details. We didn't know what led to Marc's split personality, how he became Moon Knight etc until it was revealed in Episode 5. Confusion would suggest that someone didn't understand those things even after the reveal because they couldn't make sense of it. In that regard, I think Moon Knight handled the reveals pretty well and gave us the reveals at the right time. For me it felt maybe a bit too late in the context of being the penultimate episode, but I also don't think we needed the reveals to be any earlier than they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

All I can say is that the final episode will have to be spectacular to save this (in my opinion)...

I found it a struggle to watch at least the last two episodes...

Actionless is an understatement.

I wouldn't mind giving the whole series a re-watch AFTER all episodes are presented as, yes, it might make a bit more sense given the later reveals.. but can you explain why Ethan Hawke is appearing as his psychiatrist for example?

Also I'm kind of surprised the "suit" makes such few appearances... I was under the impression the action and changing into that Deadpool-esque character would be a big part of it

Interesting fact: May Calamawy went to my school in Bahrain around the time I was there... albeit a few years below me

My take on it is that it's part of the afterlife mostly based on Marc/Steven's shared psychosis. It's filled with characters Marc/Steven know or have met. Harrow takes the form of his psychiatrist as he's their antagonist, but in this episode where he sees Harrow's feet bleeding it shows that Marc/Steven are able to recognise and tell the difference between reality and the afterlife/their psychosis, while also indicating that part of the real Harrow is dying and entering the afterlife. This happens while Khonshu is leaving (or partially/pretending to leave) their body and releasing them from being Moon Knight.

Found it a big mess. Egyptian gods, man with DID, avatars, talking hippos etc. I found it all too outlandish to get involved in the story. There was stuff going on with only the briefest of explanations as to why it was happening. I understood the plot but it was just all very shallow.

Wish I hadn't bothered with it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I know. As I said in an earlier post you aren’t the first to say it.

im just interested in understanding what you don’t understand.

what confuses you about the plot? An ex-Moon Knight is trying to resurrect an Egyptian God who will cleanse the Earth by killing people who are destined to commit evil acts. A former mercenary with a split personality is the current Moon Knight and along with his spunky archeologist wife is trying to stop him.

I don’t see the problem.

overall plot is fine, I get that... it's the small things.. and perhaps it's just lost in some of the way things were pronounced or if it's mumbled.

Why is Ethan Hawke shouting "Wake up" to May Calamawy when across the chasm, and she looks affected by it? What was the connection to her father again?

Ethan Hawke being the psychiatrist, I guess we need to read between the lines to figure this one.

Why again did Oscar Isaac become a mercenary (something about getting revenge on all people because his mother beat him?) and what exactly were they doing at that tomb in Egypt when he got shot and became the Moon Knight?

Maybe it's just Isaac's accent sometimes mumbles the words and I didn't catch it... turning on subtitles for the last episode anyway :)

Btw I assume you all have seen Legion? It's essential viewing if you haven't and not a completely separate concept regarding an insane hero. Also on Disney+

• Registered Users Posts: 37,853 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still lost after the 6th episode ha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

The talking hippo was an Egyptian God, The DID and the reasons for it were well explained, not sure the issues with the Avatar (other than the meeting in the pyramid looking like a drama club). If anything I thought it was not outlandish enough.

Most of these are obvious or answered right there on screen.

Harrow is telling Layla to wake up to the truth about Spector and her father.

Her father was an archeologist. He was researching the same deities involved in the story.

Oscar Isaac isn’t mumbling. One accent is his own. The other is a British accent and is easily understood.

Spector became a mercenary for the reasons other ex-soldiers become mercenaries.

There is nothing complex about the story but it seem like all the confusion your are mentioning here could be a result of not actually watching the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Just watched the finale. I would have liked to have seen a few of the threads developed more (Layla's dad, Amit in general) but I do admire them trying to tell the story in a different way. I don't think they succeeded in everything, but I enjoyed it for what it was - loved Oscar Issac in it - thought the costumes looked class, the fight choreography was good, and there were some good funny moments as it went on.

I like that it sat separate to the MCU - not everything needs to be tied back into the same universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,273 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Enjoyed the finale but overall not enthralled with the show - expected darker and grittier, got the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

When the trailer came out it looked class, much darker.

I watched 3 episodes and said good luck. Garbage.

Boba Fett , Utter Garbage.

If Obi-Wan is anything like either of these two that'll be the end of Disney + for me.

I had intended to watch the final episode tonight before seeing Doctor Strange 2 tomorrow just in case there is a connection between the two but I’m too tired for watching anything.

Is The app slow for anyone else?

It seems like every time there is an update the app gets slower to load and change between pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,273 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I enjoyed that. Iall the Marvel TV shows have the same problem for me (and its one I can live with TBH) they are light on story depth but showcase a good actor or two and it's their performance you watch and stay for and not the whole thing

I like watching good actors do what they do. But sometimes the show around them needs to be better. In these six episode runs the story flaws are both hidden and glaring at the same time. Here Mark and Stephens story all good. But the other bits around it can feel superfluous because they're not the shows focus. It's b & c plot for the sake of b&c plot instead of being doing their own job well enough. In a 12 or 22 episode series these threads would naturally get teased out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

So, that was Moon Knight eh. The season had some high moments. Some lulls also. Overall though, I thought it was grand. Decent enough introduction to a character I hadn't known about before.

6: All felt reasonably by-the-numbers. Some decent special effects put in.

Budget obviously put in for Ammit and the showdown vs Konshu.

Definitely a 3rd character inside em.

I had a big laugh at the end there when they got outta bed and fell over from the leg strap!

Future.. yeah I think this fits into where Marvel feel to be going with the level of powers shown in Eternals and Loki. Not sure if they'd get another season.

Special nod to Ethan Hawke who brought a real pressence to the show.

One thing I reckon they could've done better..

There was that scene where the girl asked Layla if she was an Egyptian superhero. That felt like it was just wedged in there. Now that could've been a thing on itself. There were parts of earlier episodes that were just a bit dull or felt like filler and that whole theme could have been sown into the show. Something like a sense of loss of a superhero for Egypt and could've all built up to that moment with Layla and the girl

The mid-credits scene! 😲

Tranquila, senorita, tranquila!

A great finale.

I’m very glad that it was Harrow that Moon Knight and Layla (what is her superhero name?) fought and not Harrow transformed into something else. And I’m glad they showed the gods fighting too.

I was very surprised that they decided to drop a blackout into the final fight and leave how Moon Knight defeated Harrow as “unexplained”. Based just on how many people here have been confused by the story I imagine that is causing chaos to a lot of folks.

I’m also surprised that they ended the episode so suddenly without showing Layla or telling us where she is.

Is the third personality also in the comics and is he the same guy? I’m curious to find out why he speaks Spanish (but will wait to find out next season).

I assume the plan is for another season and for this to be an ongoing series but I can’t figure out how to get a threat that tops an Egyptian God.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

enjoyed the series overall. Thought the costumes were great, though Layla did look quite like Falcon at the end. Ethan Hawke was also very good as the Villain, perhaps the best in the MCU TV universe on a par with Tennants Kilgrave.

Great show, great acting and a great story. Those moaning about the lack of action make me laugh.

I think in terms of comparing the Marvel D+ shows to the Netflix shows, none of them have hit the heights of Daredevil/Punisher/Jessica Jones(S1), but for me none of them have hit the lows of Iron Fist or Luke Cage.

Wandavision and TFAWS were probably the top for me. Loki had its high points (I loved the finale with He Who Remains and Loki's relationship with Mobius). Hawkeye and Moon Knight were just mostly good, with some bad points but nothing that made them terrible or boring. I guess What If has to count too and it's definitely been the worst, with some great episodes and ideas but some truly awful bits too (Thor's whole episode was atrocious, and while it was fun seeing a very different version of Thanos, it also just felt wrong).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,847 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I disagree that Luke Cage was a low for Netflix. It was aimed to entertain a different culture to most white European descendents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It was fine just like most of the Marvel shows so far. The acting was by far the best thing in it and the Marc/Steven dynamic was the best part but the rest of the story was fairly banal and I never really got any sense of threat from Ammit. I didn't mind the lack of action what bothered me was that the action we got just seemed very poor and the effects weren't great. Why did Konshu need an avatar when we saw him and Ammit fighting, that confused me. Also I got the impression she grew on the souls of those she condemned but how did Konshu grow.

Advertisement