Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Full Time

Kerry 0-17 Tipp 0-14

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Well holy God! Fair to say it can't get any worse..

Really no need to be playing hurling down in Tralee 8 days into the new year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Watched the game, the conditions were very poor alright, woeful wind in the game, bad wides from both teams, but particularly from Tipp.

There was a 10 minute delay towards the end as Willie Connors was stretchered off. Paddy Cadell and Darragh Carey both also went off injured. Not sure the exact injuries for any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Said at the time, but that North/South/Mid/West competition was absolutely cringe and an archaic way of scouting players.

Should be scouting all club matches at Intermediate and Senior level. Granted, it might have been too late for Bonnar/his team to do this for this years ‘ championship

Congrats to Kerry. A historic win.

I see some people already have the knives out for trying players out and it couldn't get worse after one game.

Unreal. It could get a lot worse, in comps that actually mean something.

I'd have no problem with the divisional games, gives some younger lads exposure especially considering Sheedy didn't develop any of the youngsters in his 3 years, also we're looking towards a rebuilding phase.

Still think hurling in Tralee in January especially given the current circumstances of covid is a waste of time.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Completely agree on the hurling in Tralee being a big waste, so it’s not a ‘disaster’ in a sense and the match was probably an annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

It's something that will hang over Bonnar and will be a problem for him unless he has a good league campaign. He is not an appointment that inspired much hope in anybody and he really needs to get off the ground running.

Regardless of how many younger players were out there - it's not in any way acceptable for Tipperary to lose to Kerry. Theres a reason they never have. It could have been much worse too given the penalty miss.

• Advertisement

Reported on Tipp GAA on Twitter that Willie Connors has suffered a double ankle fracture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Moreover, Kerry also had a fair number of players missing due to Kilmoyley's Munster final, and it had been reported in the local press that various others had withdrawn from the panel due to disagreements with management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Paddico

On a different note, good win for the footballers.

Revenge needed for Saturday 😁

Live steam for Wednesdays game v Kerry on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Yourselves are playing ourselves ( Wexford) in a hurling challenge game next weekend, Tipperary venue apparently.

Think we should be happy with the Darragh Egan appointment? Heard all positive stuff so far.

Darragh won't lack for effort but it's a big step up for him, he's young and inexperienced at inter County level so hard to know how things will work out.

Thought myself that Davy over achieved with that group of players especially in 2019 when they were arguably the second best team in the country. I've a feeling Darragh won't see those same heights but I wish him all the best and hopefully it works out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Semple Stadium is to become 'FBD Semple Stadium' 5 year deal to be announced next Tuesday and the New Tipperary GAA shirt sponsor and jersey will be revealed next week.

According to Shane Brophy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Not a fan of the stadium rename but I suppose if they're getting a wad of cash which benefits the team then that's a good thing.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tipperary 2-22

Wexford 0-24

• Advertisement

Billy Seymour and Andrew Ormonde let go from the panel.

Players being looked at:

Conor Bowe (Moyne/Templetuohy)

Dylan Walsh (Ballingarry)

Enda Heffernan (Clonoulty/Rossmore)

Ciaran Connolly (Loughmore/Castleleiney)

Sean Ryan (Templederry)

Darragh Carey (Templederry)

Rian Doody (Cappawhite)

Ger Browne (Cashel KC)

Sean Curran (Mullinahone)

Kian O’Kelly (Kilruane)

Declan McGrath (Kiladangan)

Jack Ryan (Clonoulty)

Rhys Shelley GK (Moycarkey-Borris)

Joe Fogarty (Moneygall)

Conor Whelan,

Conor Stakelum

Denis Maher

Over 40 players being looked at.

I have to say the inclusion of Sean Curran is puzzling to me. He was last in, in 2016. He is a very industrious player at inter county level - but never brought his club form to the intercounty scene. I have to say, I can't understand why Sean Hayes is not involved. But it might be the same reason, Ormonde was let go. Looks like we're going back to a direct high-ball game. Looking at players like Doody, Kian O'Kelly, and Declan Ryan's son, confirm this, I think. No Devon Ryan.

Bubbles dropped?

Not on the panel for the NHL

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Bubbles deemed surplus to requirements. Although some people saying Bubbles himself has opted not to return to training in December and is still sitting it out. BUt Tipp Fm say, Tipperary GAA have confirmed that "he's not currently part of the management's plans for 2022". No Ciarán Connolly. Bonner returns. Odds on, this panel will change a lot. Tynan injured a few weeks ago. I'm very surprised Rhys Shelley didn't make it.

Barry Hogan Kiladangan

Brian Hogan Lorrha Dorrha

Craig Morgan Kilruane MacDonaghs

Brian McGrath Loughmore-Castleiney

Cathal Barrett Holycross-Ballycahill

Eoghan Connolly Cashel King Cormacs

Ronan Maher Thurles Sarsfields

Robert Byrne Portroe

Paddy Cadell JK Brackens

Barry Heffernan Nenagh Eire Óg

Dillon Quirke Clonoulty Rossmore

James Quigley Kiladangan

Enda Heffernan Clonoulty Rossmore

John Meagher Loughmore-Castleiney

Seamus Kennedy St Marys

Dan McCormack Borris-Ileigh

Alan Flynn Kiladangan

Cian Darcy Kilruane MacDonaghs

Conor Bowe Moyne-Templetuohy

John McGrath Loughmore-Castleiney

Patrick Maher Lorrha Dorrha

Ger Browne Cashel King Cormacs

Mark Kehoe Kilsheelan Kilcash

Michael Breene Ballina

Noel McGrath Loughmore-Castleiney

Padraic Maher Thurles Sarsfields

Conor Stakelum Thurles Sarsfields

Jake Morris Nenagh Eire Óg

Gearoid O’Connor Moyne-Templetuohy

Dillon Walsh Ballingarry

Denis Maher Thurles Sarsfields

Jason Forde Silvermines

Paul Flynn Kiladangan

Seamus Callanan Drom & Inch

Tipperary GAA has announced payments firm Fiserv as the county's new jersey sponsor in a two-year deal. 

2001 inspired

Bryan O’Mara and Ciaran Connolly both said to be going travelling this year and can't commit to Tipp... And yet both lined out for UL today. I'd imagine they're doing a course at the UNI... but are travelling for the year? Doesn't add up. They're not the first young men in recent years to not take on the commitment of hurling for Tipp, Jerome Cahill, for instance, needs to be openly discussed now and addressed. Surely, alternative training arrangements can be found if the most talented, career-focused guys don't want to give up all their time.

New Jersey is very nice, think I'll have to get it. Mick Hogan being included is a nice touch and the collar is back!

Bryan O'Mara is going traveling and over to the US in the summer.

Can't blame then, good craic and a wad of cash I'd be doing the same tbh.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

They may be travelling after they finish university and coach may not want them involved for league if theyre gone for championship. Nothing too difficult to figure out tbh...

What are these alternatives that need to be discussed then?

Advertisement