Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

Who are the 'main' parties?

Follow-up question: what do you think we SHOULD see in terms of parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

"You mean like in summer of 2020" We had a lockdown in early 2020, when cases dramatically dropped, we came out of lockdown. When cases started to rise again heavily, we went back into lockdown. This is simple to understand, children can understand it. We now have vaccines, which means that even if cases rise dramatically (like they are) we don't necessarily have to go into lockdown. Again, this has been explained to you countless times. Normal people understand it, you (and other conspiracy theorists) systematically have extreme difficulty understanding these basic concepts. That's not a coincidence.

"And it's totally rational to believe that the measures may, or will be permanent" - For normal reasons yes.

For irrational reasons, e.g. those who think it's due to Communism, it's state control for the sake of it, or the anti-christ or any of their gibbering nonsense, it isn't.

You may have abandoned your baseless conspiracies for the Great Reset and Covid (because you couldn't support them in any way) but you haven't abandoned your paranoid world views that formed the basis for those conspiracies.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,059 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

when your holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Imagine being so fringe that the fringiest party don’t even represent you. What’s it like to be smallest minority of a minority where practically no one agrees with your views?

To use an example, the likes of the Indo generally tended to be extraordinarily anti lockdown. By your logic, they were pro lockdown. In terms of all media outlets, they do tend to be in the center but that's because we're a centrist nation. People and lobbyists have been given complete freedom to object to the lockdown.

And, do you expect state appointed parties or something? Cause realistically given how outlandish your views are, you're only gonna get fringe parties that align with you. Like the antivaxxers etc are heavily aligned with right wing racists. That's the reality. Also its hilarious that you think Americans get greater reputation btw...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Exactly, the fact that the media build up the ‘fringiest parties’ that 99% of people have never even heard of into a threat from the ‘organised’ far right is an absolute joke!

So ‘organised’ that no one has ever heard of them.

The ‘organised far right’ is a conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But lemme guess, Anti-fa is out to get us all right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

excellent reply, well done.

Its up to people to make their own minds up.

For example the reporting on big protests in Bulgaria during the week, some said ‘anti mandate protests’ others said ‘anti lockdown protests’ and others said ‘far right protests’.

Like I said make your own mind up.

The groups behind organising the rallies in Ireland tend to be far right...

Yes, I thought so. I think it highlights the hypocrasy as you most likely believe all that stuff about the far left that you believe is a "conspiracy theory" about the far right.

That tends to happen a lot now that conspiracy sources and media have glombed onto the far right since they realised that there was a nice fertile audience there.

• Advertisement

The media don’t have to build up the fringe parties in any manner. They do that themselves through their actions.

A far left nation. Not centrist.

The ideal situation is the one in America, i.e. one party for half the country, another for the other half. That's why the dream is to go to the US. I couldn't care less about Ireland. If the family weren't there I wouldn't give it a second thought. I'm interested in a few other countries.

And views such as being conservative and a Catholic are pretty outlandish in modern Ireland all right. Only thing I agree with you on.

Lol your ideal is a polarized two party system?

Weird way to claim you want more variety.

Kida just sounds like you want you far right views to be artificially normalized.

No doubt because you believe that there's a conspiracy against them, not that their just unpopular, outdated ad generally unpalatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

You're claiming that Ireland is a far-left nation?

What is it that makes you think that?

Cause none of the parties are raging out and out Trumpists. Anything left of Trump is far left.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

A serious question here....have you ever been outside of Ireland for anything more than a holiday?

The US is one of the most divided countries in the world at the minute and anyone holding their political system are usually only looking at one side of the coin. The idea of implementing this great reset that you are predicting in the US alone would require the level of unity that just isn't possible in the US.

Ireland is not a far left nation. Your views aren't just conservative, they're largely nonsensical. I can see why the idea of the GOP appeals to you given that plenty of their members have embraced conspiracy theories.

So basically you don't think Ireland is a functioning democracy because you hold views that the electorate don't? Meanwhile you want to move to a system that gerrymanders, attempts to prevent people from legally voting and had the capitol stormed in an effort to subvert an election result? Yep that sounds like a much more functional system...

Rob, take a day off. You're on here far too much.

What nonsensical views? The nonsensical view of the measures and restrictions may be permanent? What's nonsensical about that? None has been lifted, save for a few crumbs.

It's not a functioning democracy because a substantial number of people are completely disenfranchised and politically voiceless.

I didn't say any of that. That's you putting words in my mouth. The reason I like the US, and there are lots of things about the US I don't like, is because of what Neil Oliver said, i.e. that it's a country made up of many different countries. A person can find a place that suits them there. Dave Rubin, for example, recently moved to Florida from California. He loves it there. I envy him. The only country in Europe that's kind of close to the US is England. Ergo, England and the US are both countries that interest me and that I follow closely.

Who's rob?

Why be concerned for this rob person's mental health when you are in here almost everyday reposting crap you're reading from twitter the days you aren't here?

• Advertisement

Why will measures be permanent? Depending on which day it is, you think it's due to some big conspiracy you can't explain. Maybe Covid will be with us in some form forever but that doesn't mean we'll always have to e.g. wear masks in shops. Even if Covid becomes seasonal or cyclical we'll build up resistances, etc. Many measures have been dropped already.

"It's not a functioning democracy" - according to your personal opinion. A majority of people voted in the last election, there was no systematic fraud, you don't agree with the outcome? You are free to set up your own party. If a majority of people support your party, it will be elected.

But you see, there's a big conspiracy against him and his views. In reality everyone really does believe the same as him, their either silenced or they're brainwashed.

That's how a healthy view on democracy works.

But you are on here 24/7. Well, I'm guessing you are because I go days or weeks without checking in. But it's up to you. I don't care. I wish you wouldn't reply to me, but that's what the Ignore function is for.

Who are you talking to?

You mentioned a rob, yet now you're replying to me while also claiming I'm on ignore?

If you don't want me to reply to you, why do you persist in this childish tactic of misspelling my name to make a funny joke?

Also, again, you're the one who keep spouting obvious propaganda that has left you rambling about children's songs with secret messages about about some guy is planning to steal your stuff and turn you into a cyborg. You're the one who believes a polarized two party system (with your prefered side being a authorian bigot.) is some kind of utopia.

You're the one who has claimed I'm a paid government agent out to get you.

Have you thought about taking a break from twitter and bitchute for a while?

It's not functioning. There's no functioning fourth estate, which is crucial to any democracy, loads of people are politically voiceless and totally disenfranchised, and a not significant number of people and their views and beliefs continually debased. So bad is it that one journalist described Ireland as the most anti-Christian country on earth.

Many haven't. That's just inaccurate. But I think the problem is that restrictions and measures are being used interchangeably. We need to distinguish between measures and restrictions, Many of the measures didn't really affect people. Measures such as a limit on the number of people you could have in your home (an extraordinary infringement on liberty and privacy, but bearable), and being able to go to the office (not a huge issue not being able to for most people because of wfh). The relaxation of the travel limits did make a difference, however.

But the restrictions, i.e. masks, vaccine passports, social distancing (the only ones that really matter), show no sign of going.

Lol. This post is amazingly ridiculous.

"Ireland is the most anti-Christian country on Earth."

"Preventing people from moving more that 2 Km from their home is not as much of a restriction as masks. Or staying 2 metres from people."

Jesus Christ man. Have some one read your own posts to you.

"It's not functioning" according to your subjective personal opinion. You have a vote you can use it like anyone else. You can create your own party.

Explain how you would improve the democratic situation in Ireland..

"But the restrictions ... show no sign of going" - that's because there's still a pandemic. Record numbers of cases. Despite these huge numbers of cases, many measures haven't been reinstated. So your "worry" is completely baseless and misplaced.

I’m wondering if some posters forget who they are logged in as and that’s why it appears that multiple users have the same pet names for you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Can you explain your understanding of social distancing, working from home and limits on people who can visit your home and why you find them to be so totally different. You are calling some restrictions and some measures by an entirely arbitrary definition that you seem to be making up.

How is asking people to queue up stood 2m apart a "restriction" , and therefore bad under your definition, but working from home or not having people visit your home are "measures" and so are OK?

Not seeing the difference in how they affect people or why one is considered bad by you, and the other is OK.

• Advertisement

I miss when he called me 24/7. That was cuter cause it was at least clever.

Anyway, post 3000, page 100. Another thread hitting a milestone without a coherent conspiracy theory being presented.

Just a dump for a poster to spambot for twitter grifter punctuated with them complaining about people trying to get them to discuss their theory...

Advertisement