Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shadow2000

hi all. just started studying for 4 fe1s last week (property, equity, contract and tort). getting overwhelmed with the material and the idea that i’ll have to study all day every day to cover it. is anyone else in the same boat? how do you manage the stress and anxiety?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

It's undoubtedly a stressful time, especially if you are sitting four, but we are still 2 months away so plenty of time to cover those 4 - Tort will be your largest syllabus, but some topics are neat, and just knowing a handful of points will get you marks with Tort examiner.

Keep referring to the exam grids and past papers so you know exactly how frequent and in what way topics come up - that will help massively with anxiety. It might take you a whole day to cover one topic, but if it is say succession law in Property well you know you are getting your money's worth with 1 guaranteed question, likely 2. Same with Charitable trusts in Equity etc. Anxiety kicks in when you think you have a mountain of stuff to cover, but if you sit back and be strategic about it, pick your main topics early, you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

I agree with above - it is very stressful... BUT doable!

My tips for equity - Charities and Trustees Duties always tend to come up so two topics and (probably) two guaranteed questions. Likewise Injunctions usually make an appearance. The rest of the syllabus can be a bit more unpredictable but I used Law School for the last sitting and they predicted the topics pretty much spot on and I passed first time.

I agree with the above comment that a look at the exam grids would be really useful and if the going gets tough, take a risk and be strategic with what you study.

Property - I only ever studied Succession (Succession has appeared as two questions in the exam paper for at least the last 3 sittings), Adverse Possession, Family, Easements, Co-Ownership, Finding and I managed to pass (60%) but I would have 1 or 2 back ups on top of that if time permits.

thanks both of you (above)! i have a schedule that sees me finishing all courses at the end of february, leaving me 2 weeks to revise. so i should be okay, but very aware that my anxiety and stress is not helping my focus! but your words about it being doable have encouraged me so thank you!

also - last question! for those of you who studied full time for 4 subjects, was 9-6 studying okay? or did you have to continue 7-9? I’m planning on 5 days per week but find myself getting so ready to quit at 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

Any one have up to date Equity Exam papers for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

By any chance do you have Equity Exam Papers for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Would anyone have updated exam grids for tort, equity and eu?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

I studied part-time for four over the same length of time you've mentioned and I think you're gonna be fine with full-time study, just pace yourself and stick to your study plan. If you've put in a solid day then maybe your brain is just done with it at 6pm and there's no value to slogging on just to feel like you're putting in 'enough' hours. If you feel like you're not getting enough in by 6pm maybe break for a couple hours for dinner etc and then read back over some stuff for a while? Don't burn out though, gotta keep something in the tank for actually sitting the exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

Does anyone have any recs for good tutors for Equity and/or Company? Have been trying to find someone to do a few intensive sessions with me to run over where I went wrong in the exams for them but have had no luck so far. If anyone could DM me the names of FE1 tutors they've found helpful before, would really appreciate it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Uptown Girl

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kkelly97

Really struggling cutting down for Tort and EU, does anyone have an updated grid I could work from?

I will send you on the equity past papers and reports if you want to send me your email

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dancing Obsession

Hi guys,

I have passed all FE1s and I want to share my tips with you. I recorded a video. PM for detail if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Hi, I did that one day revision course before for contract and tort and really did not find it helpful at all! I obviously don't know what the company lecturer is like but in general (and from other hearing peoples opinions) I would not recommend Griffith College. If you want to pm me I can send you my condensed notes that I used for the March 2021 sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Hi everyone,

I am selling my City Colleges Company, Contract and Constitutional manuals. There is no markings or highlighting in any of the manuals! PM me if you are interested.

I would highly recommend to attend this examiner's lecture. He has his favourite topics but he also focuses on recent cases and the best way to know which ones is his lecture which takes place I think around February but might be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

That lecture takes place March 20th, the exam is March 18th so I wouldn't worry about it.

Ok, if this is the case I would recommend to ask somebody who attended the last lecture and to take the notes.

• Advertisement

Hi there,

There are few tips how to approach the exams.

Hi there, I might have some tips. PM me if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AnnabelleK

Does anyone have property exam grid? I have criminal grid that I can swap. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rebuke

1) Are you doing one of the revision courses? If not, I'd definitely recommend doing one or at the very least buying a second-hand manual.

2) Would also recommend getting some Courtney quotes into each answer. Anyone I know who has included his quotes has always performed well.

3) Also, it's a fairly predictable exam. Look at tends in the exam grid. It's not totally out of the ordinary for a problem question which has previously featured on a paper to reappear verbatim.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jdharte

Im not sitting the revision courses. Im going to do the March exam so there wouldnt be enough time. I dont have any manuals or grids. I have all the exam papers and exam reports which Ive gone through and I believed followed what they were looking for.

Is there a way to access Courtney without buying the book?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jdharte

Post edited by Jdharte on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Any sign of the March application form going up??? Applications are meant to close on the 27th!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Costello95

Hi, would anyone have a copy of the notes/cases from Eoin Carolans last lecture?

Also if anyone had an up to date grids for constitutional, equity, tort and criminal I would appreciate it.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 church street 94

Hi all :) Following manuals available, if anyone is looking

-Griffith College - Constitutional AND Supplemental case law manuals (2021)

-Law School - Company Law (2020-2021)

-Law School - Tort Law (2019-2020)

Id check the local library - they do have copies but lately a lot of them have been on hold etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Could anyone tell me what came up in the Tort October 2021 sitting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 rebecca1177

Does anyone have an up to date grid for company they wouldnt mind sharing? :)

If anyone would be willing to share their EU exam script I would really appreciate it - just trying to get my head around how to answer the Q's!

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FE1million

Did anybody who asked receive question marking from the Oct sitting yet? I have asked LS a couple of times with no response

Post edited by FE1million on

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EM95

Has anyone been able to apply for the next sitting yet? Also, has anyone received a refund from October I’m still waiting? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Hey does anyone have an up to date criminal grid

• Registered Users Posts: 3 student102937463

Anyone have an idea when the application is coming out for the 2022 exams?

also anyone know what came up in Equity OCT 2021 exam? Trying to figure out what I need to cover (suggestions please)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Study2022.2

Hi,

Looking for materials for Constitutional Law please. I am starting now so perhaps too late to join revision course.

Would appreciate if anyone could message me if you've complete constitutional law please.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KCSLAW

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KCSLAW

Hi all, hope study is going well. If anyone could send me up to date grids for tort and constitutional that would be much appreciated. I have Griffith notes and sample answers I can share for all subjects.

• Advertisement

I sat equity and passed in October 2021. From memory:-

Anton Pillar and Mandatory Injunctions (write on either one)

Specific Performance - essay

Rectification - note Q (10 marker)

Presumption of Advancement - note Q (10 marker)

Strong V Bird - problem

Constructive trusts

Directors Duties - Problem Q

Charitable Trusts - Problem Q

Cant remember what else came up but there must have been one more Q

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

passing off Pq

intentional PQ

economic loss EQ

S of lim EQ

defamation

volunteers EQ

causation PQ

employers/intentional/nervous shock (kinda)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

would anyone mind sharing an equity script form oct 2021

I have plenty material to swap

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

Does anyone have an up to date contract grid? I have equity and property grids I can swap! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 student102937463

Ah thanks a million! Appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LawCopy16

If anyone has the tort paper for Oct 2021 and could send it to me I would be very grateful. I have lots of other materials to swap in return for all subjects including scripts for criminal/eu/property/company/constitutional

FE1 Applications open on Monday 24th January until Thursday 3rd February FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lollypop23

Hi, does anyone know given the easing of restrictions if exams can still be done online for March?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stonewash

I think they’ll still be online. There’s still plenty of people uncomfortable & unvaccinated and it wouldn’t be fair to completely change it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Costello95

Any tips on what to focus on for Equity and Tort please?

Advertisement