Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

covid recovery cert based on antigen?

• 12-01-2022 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Will under 40's now be able to get a covid recovery cert based on a positive antigen test.

My son had it over Christmas and by the time he got a pcr appointment it was negative. 19 days later!

1 positive case in the house this week so I'm expecting to test positive myself in the next few days. All under 40

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,822 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Im kind of curious how the whole thing will work, if the cert is equivalent , will people just submit positive results instead of getting vaccinated to get the cert?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I can't see them allowing that. The antigen tests are not accurate enough. plus it would be too open to abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭VillageIdiot71

It would look like it would open a hole in the system.

And we Irish are, at heart, a practical and pragmatic people. If a solution is available, we usually take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭noraos

As far as I know, they have to be professional antigen tests, so I would imagine the pharmacy's that were doing antigen for travel and issuing the EU certs all along. Those certs were valid for 48/72 hrs or something like that.. but apparently this has been changed and they can use it for recovery passes now. -which should be valid for 180 days, 11 days after the test.. there is a self service portal to register there.. you enter your details and the HSE should already have them, and they issue the cert from that.

I plan to call the chemist myself tomorrow to confirm.

They have to have something in place as many people fall between not boostered and recovered, but cant prove it. Or also unvaccinated people can get a recovery cert and that EU rules, so we have to have a system in place for them to get the cert.. if no PCR available in their category.

I will update tomorrow again if I get a definite answer on this

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Was watching the news last night and they confirmed that self administered antigen test submitted through the new portal will not entitled you to a recovery cert. Has to be professionally administered antigen or pcr test. PCR test appointments are readily available now from what I can see so it seems like this portal is 2 weeks too late. If portal was open 2 weeks ago you could've gone to the pharmacy and had an antigen test done in order to get your covid infection officially recorded, would've been great in balancing the huge pcr testing demand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭airy fairy

But under 40 cannot go for a HSE PCR test, so in order to get a recovery test, do you have to get a private paid one instead?

Currently, the private ones are only for travel and request that you not use them if you have symptoms (or positive antigen). Perhaps this has changed?

It's a recommendation that under 40s don't need to do a pcr test with a positive antigen but nothing stopping you from booking it. I'm under 40 and got a hse pcr test yesterday.

No, there's nothing stopping you physically online on hse site. But it does give you a link to book antigen under 40 and also a link to record the positive antigen, and does specifically say not to book a PCR.

I wonder if you rocked up with a 10 year old, after booking, would they carry out the test?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Buttercup10

This is what I'm wondering too.

Also there seems to be no route for getting a certificate of recovery if you are age 4 to 39 as they base it in Pcrs, and this age group can no longer get A PCR

I just booked a pcr test online for a teenager.. have apt for 20 mins time in Cork..

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Frankly it's a mess.

Essentially as it stands (open to correction) uploading a positive antigen test to the HSE portal is pointless, meaningless and only serves to give data to the HSE, it's only a public health measure with absolutely no way to verify this data, actually admitted by them (you couldn’t make this up)

Whilst separately this under 40"s not being able to book a PCR test is baffling and seems to be more about the system unable to cope.

So with the lack of any information, guidance or direction the following is my take on it.

Do as you please regarding uploading positive antigen test but theres no benefit to the person choosing to do this.

If a person requires a recovery cert they have to get a lab tested antigen or PCR test, Essentially at their own expense. That's not all, next you then need to get your GP (At more expense) to issue you the cert, they'll only do this with verifiable lab tested results.

To surmise, Government Essentially moving away from subsidising tests and from I can ascertain, have quite frankly , lost the plot all together.

It all makes absolute sense really 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

The new system only makes sense when pcr testing capacity is maxed out. Right now the only reason I see to use it is if you want to submit a self administered test, have close contacts notified and don't need/want a recovery cert. Maybe there is a lot of people out there in that boat so I guess it is saving the government money then like you say

You could be right but I just wonder why would anyone honestly bother their backside uploading anything, this aside from other concerns about people uploading close contact details . My impression is that what's actually going to happen and partly because of expense, people regardless of symptoms won't bother doing anything and just carry on without a care in the world.

Obviously we've moved into living with covid mode and that's fine but my god, there needs to be verifiable data .

You can't book a private PCR, under 40, if you've symptoms or a positive antigen. Private testing centres won't test if you declare.

Hadn't thought about that and yet another hurdle 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Buttercup10

How did ye get on? Did they say anything about not being eligible for the test or did they just do it?

Absolutely nothing was said.. he confirmed his details on arrival and completed the test.. and the lady testing him said he would get a text within 48 hours..no difference from when I did it myself previously.

Advertisement