Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Three child seats. what car?

• 11-01-2022 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

We have 6 year old , 4 years old and new baby on the way. Is there any large saloon that will fit two booster seats and a baby seat? The move to an SUV (Peugeot 5008, etc) comes with a large price tag. Would we get away with the likes of a Skoda superb? I would love to hear peoples opinions and what they bought with the move from two - three kids. Thanks

Comments

We have 2 children (5 and 8) with a baby on the way...We looked at...

-Peugeot 5008 (we were thinking of buying from new but dealership couldn't get us the spec we wanted this year).

-Citroen C5 Aircross (great roomy car at a great price, it has 3 individual seats in the back).

-Nissan Xtrail (we have made decision to buy this car as we want the option of 7 seats. Strong sturdy car).

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

We have three kids in a Skoda Octavia (currently two Minikid seats and a Besafe Booster seat (kids are 6, 3 and 1) but previously was two Minikids and a Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix (with EasyFix Base)). I'd imagine you'd be fine with a Skoda Superb.

There's a facebook group (Ireland -Rear Facing Car seats for toddlers and children) which has pictures with three seat combinations for loads of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

When I was in this situation, and wanted a Superb or Kodaiq (was only a 5 seater on sale at the time) the Skoda dealer ran me, told me to go get a VW Touran.

Great move, love the Touran. Get a car with big doors and individual seats.

Try out as many cars as you can, there's a world of difference in the handling and feel of a car in the MPV area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CC Bloom

We've a Peugeot 5008 161.

Fits 3 car sets in the back. Ages...newborn seat, 2 and 4.

Spacious all round, including the boot! Highly recommend it!!!

As OP rightly says.......( the 5008 is a fantastic ROOMY car)......they DO COST A PRETTY PENNY

• Advertisement

Dacia Jogger is being released later this year, and would be well suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Ford Smax.

Most family friendly car in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

I was in the same boat and got away with a Superb- get a bubblebum for the 6 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doug Stamper

Recently traded in my Octavia estate for a VW Touran as we wanted a car with three isofix in the second row. Very happy with it so far, loads of room and easy to get kids and maxi-cosi in and out of.

Two more seats in boot for ocassional use is nice too if travelling with friends/cousins etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Tech_Head

VW Touran here too. Had twins and a fairly thin 15 year old. Baby seats on side and him in the middle. Great spacious vehicle and drives like a car, not a can which we both liked over some of the others mentioned

• Advertisement
Advertisement