Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Three child seats. what car?

• 11-01-2022 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3 pharris12

We have 6 year old , 4 years old and new baby on the way. Is there any large saloon that will fit two booster seats and a baby seat? The move to an SUV (Peugeot 5008, etc) comes with a large price tag. Would we get away with the likes of a Skoda superb? I would love to hear peoples opinions and what they bought with the move from two - three kids. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ DancingDaisy1

We have 2 children (5 and 8) with a baby on the way...We looked at...

-Peugeot 5008 (we were thinking of buying from new but dealership couldn't get us the spec we wanted this year).

-Citroen C5 Aircross (great roomy car at a great price, it has 3 individual seats in the back).

-Nissan Xtrail (we have made decision to buy this car as we want the option of 7 seats. Strong sturdy car).

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭ jonnybravo

We have three kids in a Skoda Octavia (currently two Minikid seats and a Besafe Booster seat (kids are 6, 3 and 1) but previously was two Minikids and a Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix (with EasyFix Base)). I'd imagine you'd be fine with a Skoda Superb.

There's a facebook group (Ireland -Rear Facing Car seats for toddlers and children) which has pictures with three seat combinations for loads of cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭ Staplor

When I was in this situation, and wanted a Superb or Kodaiq (was only a 5 seater on sale at the time) the Skoda dealer ran me, told me to go get a VW Touran.

Great move, love the Touran. Get a car with big doors and individual seats.

Try out as many cars as you can, there's a world of difference in the handling and feel of a car in the MPV area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CC Bloom

We've a Peugeot 5008 161.

Fits 3 car sets in the back. Ages...newborn seat, 2 and 4.

Spacious all round, including the boot! Highly recommend it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭ Ken Mc Carthy

As OP rightly says.......( the 5008 is a fantastic ROOMY car)......they DO COST A PRETTY PENNY

• Advertisement

Dacia Jogger is being released later this year, and would be well suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭ MakersMark

Ford Smax.

Most family friendly car in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ Casati

I was in the same boat and got away with a Superb- get a bubblebum for the 6 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ Doug Stamper

Recently traded in my Octavia estate for a VW Touran as we wanted a car with three isofix in the second row. Very happy with it so far, loads of room and easy to get kids and maxi-cosi in and out of.

Two more seats in boot for ocassional use is nice too if travelling with friends/cousins etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ Tech_Head

VW Touran here too. Had twins and a fairly thin 15 year old. Baby seats on side and him in the middle. Great spacious vehicle and drives like a car, not a can which we both liked over some of the others mentioned

• Advertisement
Advertisement