Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2022

Options
  • 20-12-2021 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

This just announced this morning.

Lottery Places Available

We are delighted to announce that a limited number of places will be made available for the 2022 Dublin Marathon via a lottery system. An application can be made for these places on the Dublin Marathon website from Thursday 6th January until midnight on Thursday 13th January. Please note that only one entry per person will be accepted.

A fee of €15 per lottery entry will apply; € 12 will be refunded if not successful with a €3 administration charge. If successful, the lottery entry fee will be redeemable against the entry fee of €110*.

Registrants will learn their entry status by email / SMS on Friday, 17th January. They will have until midnight on Friday 21st January to redeem the offer.

Any places not redeemed will be offered in round two of the lottery from Tuesday 1st February, with offers needing to be redeemed by midnight Monday 7th February 2022.

*The Dublin Marathon is a not-for-profit organisation with entry fees, funding the management, development and promotion of the Dublin Marathon. The entry fee covers the escalating costs of event management from insurance, soaring prices of products and materials, and anticipated additional safety measures needed due to Covid-19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

For Good for age entries i see on eventmaster "Online ticket sales available between November 08, 2021 at 12:00 and December 15, 2021 at 00:15". Anyone know if this will be reopened? I hadn't seen any notification that this window had already opened so only checked it this morning after the lottery announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Those GFA entries were originally made in 2020 - it was just that the race was cancelled that year before they were processed, so they rolled them over to 2021, and emailed people people with the GFA with a chance to register (for 2022) during those dates. It's possible they might have another GFA application period, but I suppose it depends on how many people are already registered. I'd email the DCM office and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

New sponsor incoming, reckon it's An Post. Not many other possible options beside financial institutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The lottery opens today 6th Jan until midnight 13th of January. €15 to enter with €12 returned if unsuccessful.

http://kbcdublinmarathon.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

"A limited number of services"

There are around 22,500 race spots, how many of these places are in the lottery draw?

And what are the chances of actually getting one of these lottery spots?

• Advertisement

Chances are about as high as they are of getting a GP appointment.

Post edited by rovers_runner on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Do you think it will be an actual lottery ?the application did ask how many times you have ran DCM and for your AI number . Neither of which is relevant for a lottery place ! Conspiracy theory anyone ?

Odds are better for sure - you don’t need to pass a Covid test before you apply !

I suppose they will try to have a balance of all, club/past participants/novices.

I read somewhere already that AI and clubs felt they didn't have enough places to meet anywhere near their demand.

They should really consider going for 35 or 40 thousand as a cap of entrants for 2023. The demand will be there and it allows them scope for additional costs in planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭echancrure

Their website is a total mess: can't actually find the race date for 2022, GFA unclear, still mentions 2020 and 2021 races

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Was trying to find this myself yesterday so I could make sure the family doesn't plan anything else for that weekend, gave up trying to find it on the website.

Well, Sports Travel International is selling packages assuming the usual bank holiday weekend date i.e. 30 October.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

I couldn't find anything on the website either for a date, but it's usually bank holiday weekend in October

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

30 October if you trust the countdown clock on the website. It's certainly poor that such basic information is not clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

I tweeted them the other day about GFA; it's closed for 2022

30 October mentioned by Dublin Mararthon on various social media feeds recently also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

When are lottery notifications going out anyone know? Mail says Friday 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bgiraffe

Anybody find out on the lottery yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

• Advertisement

Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s all the places they had going 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Markey1

Just received an offer of a place, have until Friday to accept and book.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

Just received email and I'm in providing I register before Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Same. Can’t believe it 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭sk8board

Same here, also got a place -

haven't heard of anyone not getting a place yet

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bgiraffe

Got a Yes too. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭TheRef

Got a place also. Not sure how I feel as I said after my one and only marathon in 2008 that I wouldn't do another. Have to go for it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Everyone I know who applied got a spot, strange. I wonder how many actually applied.

• Advertisement

Good to hear so much positive news about the race and series.

They should be announcing the race series shortly with new sponsor, would expect a massive number of runners on the day in October this year given the long wait of 2020 entrants along with people who have just taken to running in that period and are mad for road.

17732 finishers in 2019, would expect upwards of 22000 this time.

Advertisement