Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

He was called out when he started posting in this thread. Anti-vax from the start. He hasn’t any vaccinations. It’s just one more lie he has told.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But it's an assumption. One you seem to be making based on nothing but your own opinion about the previlance of variants.

Sounds a awful lot like you've a pretty false sense of security there.

Tell us, what measures are you taking yourself to minimise your risk of spreading the virus? Did this change when you decided you had omicron?

My point is that you keep going on about following the science but you haven’t. Your assumption is potentially wrong and so it makes you look silly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Nothing weird about the use of the term "they" as I wasn't speaking directly to "you" at the time.

Why did you claim not to be anti-vax when you began posting in this thread?

• Advertisement

i already told you that you followed the standard type of posting that conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers follow. Carbon copy of each other. It’s not my fault if ye all follow the same script. Egg did you lie from the outset?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So, are the vaccines safe? You took them. That means they're safe, correct? Yes or No.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So as omnicron hasn't been around for two months yet we're all OK then?

Has any country stated that they are rolling out jabs every two months due to the previous jabs to deal with omnicron needing to be updated?

Do you have any update on your claims that Germany was rolling out omnicron specific jabs which no other country had?

But you're lying again. Firstly the vaccines do not protect you from getting infected and transmitting the omicron covid variant for 2 months. This is what your conspiracy buddy Pat keeps whinging at me for claiming.

Even when you are just vaccinated you still have a chance of being infected by the virus.

The vaccines REDUCE the chances of being infected.

Secondly, you were previously claiming that it was 2 weeks, not 2 months.

It's actually neither. The booster is effective against symptomatic cases of omicron up to and over 10 weeks.

Thridly as always you are ignoring the other benefits of the vaccines and boosters. Such as significant reductions in hospitalisation, serious illness and death.

So "that is not all".

Breaking news. Anti-vaxxer accuses someone of being brainwashed and is afraid to look in the mirror.

I hope people ready posts too as they show that you have lied multiple times and can’t be trusted.

Why did you lie from the outset?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

These posters are absolutely correct. There is a very strong correlation between conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers. You yourself claimed some conspiracy was going on (involving "puppet masters" if I recall) but you weren't able to detail it.

I get the impression that you feel "cheated" because after getting the two vaccinations, you now need to get a booster. The problem is you are blaming the wrong source, you are blaming the authorities for that. That's misplaced blame, they don't control the virus. We are simply reacting to it. So far we've done a pretty amazing job getting very safe vaccines up and running in such a short period after first detecting this virus. Unfortunately the virus mutates a lot, again, no one controls that and medical science has it's limitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Other posters lack of "critical analysis" mentioned several times there.

Like the critical analysis of €1000 spent on advertising for every man woman and child in the country?

Exactly this. Rather than taking anger out on the government and vaccinated people, it should be directed at the virus in such a way that it minimises the transmissibility. E.g. minimise contacts, keep up to date with vaccines and boosters, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

4 billion on advertising. FOUR. BILLION.

Mainly radio apparently. Ads at 60 quid a pop.

So the vaccine is safe then, thanks for confirming. And as you have apparently had two jabs and survived that's great two.

Your just concerned because people are stupid and do silly things so want governments to remind them not to be silly and still remain cautious because of covid, much like all governments are doing anyway then?

People not following advice to limit the spread of covid is not a vaccine safety issue. Would be like claiming that life jackets are not safe because people drown when they jump into rivers not wearing a life jacket.

And then him jumping into the river too cause he assumes he can swim just fine.

Ok. What safety issues are there besides the fake one you've failed to explain?

Which is safer, getting the vaccine or catching covid?

And again, you're lying. The do work with omicron, just to a less extent.

Being booster results in less infection, less transmission, less illness and less death.

No one is claiming they are 100% safe. When we say air-travel is safe, it means overwhelmingly safe, not literally 1000% safe.

The vaccines aren't future-proofed against all variants, but I'm pretty sure you know this. Again, another dramatic mutation (like Omicron) could occur. If that does happen, it's not the fault of the vaccine makers nor the authorities nor anyone. Again, the virus doesn't have some "agreement" with us, it's out there in the wild doing it's thing.

Yet you are suggesting that life jackets should be totally done away with because sometime people still drown despite wearing one.

That is not a safety issue with the life jacket, it just means they don't always save everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Since as you point out no medication of any form, or water, is 100% safe. Eating peanuts isn't safe for some people.

So, Phishy, which is safer - getting the vaccine, or contracting Covid?

• Advertisement

Sorry mate, you're free to ignore all you like. You've been doing that the entire thread anyway.

However I can still post as I like and I'm free to point out that your position leads to many fatal questions that show it's nonsense and to point out you have to keep falling back to half-truths and lies.

I'm sorry that you are so upset by people disagreeing with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

Which phase 3 trials are due to be completed in August 2023? Pfizer completed theirs in December 2020.

Is this where you get your information from?

Any updates on the variant specific booster in Germany or is that more made up stuff as well? All I can find is their plans for booster rollout and talk of a 4th dose.

Your credibility is taking a bit of a hit with all these lies so maybe do some actual research instead of believing all the crap you see on Facebook. The fact that you don't even believe it's a conspiracy makes you look even more silly.

Why are you avoiding the question about telling lies from the outset?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Well acedotally...in the Premier League this season, 3 fans have had cardiac events leading to match stoppages...I don't think that has ever happened in the Premier League before this season...

Agreed it could be just coincidence but I find it very strange, could be Covid19, Covid19 Vax or not related to either...

But some dr's have voiced concerns, but are being shut down and called anti-vax or anti science...no discussion seems to be allowed

Ok. Please show how you know that these cases were due to the vaccine?

How do you know that they all had the vaccines?

Why do you specific fans at Premier League matches?

And even so, 3 cases? Do you know how many vaccine doses have been given out?

Which doctors? A lot of conspiracy theorists have claimed this and that those doctors were being unfairly called conspiracy theorist etc etc. But when it's looked into these doctors often have a long history of anti-vaxx agenda pushing and conspiracy theory crankery.

That's of course excluding all the doctors who aren't being misrepresented by conspiracy theorists.

Why do you believe discussion is being shot down? Who is involved in this conspiracy to stop discussion?

Which doctors have voiced concerns that it might be the vaccine and how are they being shut down?

Any sports cardiologists or professionals I've read who've commented on it have stressed it's nothing to do with the vaccine, so quite the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

3 people. Average attendance in the league is about 40k. 400 games played so far this season. So about 16 millon fans. 3 heart attacks. Seems statistically reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Hoop66

There were 7 heart attacks recorded at Barcelona's stadium in the 2000-2001 season. - Acute Coronary Events Among Spectators in a Soccer Stadium | Revista Española de Cardiología (revespcardiol.org)

7, in just 1 stadium in 1 year. I don't think these events are as rare as you think. They are just more reported now.

Is that any different from normal?

Normal rate of death would expect there to be about 1 person die each day out of any random grouping of 50,000ish people. Those stood in freezing cold for a few hours watching other people run around whilst they drink expensive pints of cheap beer is likely to increase the chances of someone amongst the crowd having an incident of some kind.

• Advertisement

"Reuters presented the posts to the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), the British regulator for drugs and vaccines, which said there is currently no supporting evidence to back up such claims.

MHRA chief executive Dr June Raine said: “The MHRA closely monitors the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines, including reports of suspected heart inflammation, myocarditis or pericarditis.

“Myocarditis or pericarditis remains a very rare potential risk with the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, and the events reported are typically mild with individuals usually recovering within a short time with standard treatment and rest. The current evidence does not suggest that sporting exercise is a contributing risk for these very rare events."

"Reuters also presented the videos to FIFA, world soccer’s governing body, which said: “FIFA is not aware of a rise in episodes of cardiac arrests as indicated in your email and no cases have been flagged in relation to individuals receiving a COVID vaccine.

“Generally speaking, FIFA is in regular contact with leading research centres and experts to do research on a variety of medical topics.”"

"Moreover, the Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) organisation, a British charity that funds medical research and supports families of young people affected by heart conditions, told Reuters they were “not aware” of any published or peer-reviewed researched into alleged links between sudden cardiac arrests in athletes and COVID-19 vaccines. “It’s important to understand that young sudden cardiac death (in both sportspeople and the general population) is tragically not a new phenomenon,” they said.

CRY also pointed Reuters toward data published in 2008, which showed 12 ‘apparently fit and healthy’ young people (aged 35 and under) die in the United Kingdom every week from previously undiagnosed heart conditions (www.c-r-y.org.uk/statistics/ and here).

In 2018, prior to the pandemic, CRY announced the findings of a 10-year study, which concluded sudden cardiac death in elite footballers was more common than initially thought."

"“Despite screening, cardiac conditions are still the leading cause of death in footballers,” Professor Sanjay Sharma, CRY’s cardiologist and a leading sports cardiologist at St George’s University of London, said at the time "

Advertisement