Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Whinging Rob? Really?

I am having a blast. Pure comedy central in here most of the time. It is like watching some cult members trying to overdo each other to satisfy the master.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Oh I can say that you were wrong because you were. You failed to understand the post and then chose it as the one you’d attack. Turns out that the English used was simple, and your crusade failed and makes you look stupid. Keep it up please, as you are doing more damage to your cause than I could ever do by correcting other lies you post.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But patty, you guys keep telling lies and spreading misinformation. When you are called out on it you never admit you are wrong.

Like when you were called out for mis using the VAERS data and the data from other reporting systems.

You also constantly lie about what you post and throw a fit when you're caught out. Like when you said the vaccines aren't vaccines then pretended to put me on ignore to avoid acknowledging that.

You so constantly ignore all of the lies being told by other conspiracy theorists and not once have you every challenged any of them. Yet you keep whinging when ever anyone dares to compare your conspiracy theory to other conspiracy theories.

And of course you keep throwing out your false accusations while hiding behind your excuse that your have people on ignore to a avoid defending those accusations.

Your whinging is silly and hypocritical.

Again man if your are refer to me here, I don't understand when you are not using my correct screen name or why you are not quoting my post.

Could you explain why you are doing this?

Is it a funny joke? Do you think it's annoying me? Do you guys just all share a very specific form of dyslexia?

Rumour around the water cooler is that you have a secret admirer who has given you a pet name because they have fallen heavily for you.

Woooo….kissy kissy kissy.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Why were the FDA trying to release the information incredibly slowly in relation to their approval of the Pfizer vaccine so that we won't have access to all of the information until we're all dead in 2097.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/paramount-importance-judge-orders-fda-hasten-release-pfizer-vaccine-docs-2022-01-07/

Sounds like the most recent admirer needs to up his game big time.

As I said multiple times:

vaccine booster is safer than no vaccine booster and it is a fact.

I also said that your concerns are about human behaviour and that has nothing to do with the actual safety of the vaccine.

Why aren’t you advocating for advertisements as part of the €4 billion budget to educate people?

Safer is safer.

If you are really concerned about safety then why aren’t you advocating for advertising on education around the booster rather than going anti-vaxxer? It would be the safest for everyone

• Advertisement

Again there's that name thing.

It gets funnier each time you do it.

And it seems you are once again misrepresenting people and their arguments.

Please show where I have claimed that vaccinated people cannot transmit the virus or where I have shown "delusional blind faith".

Back this claim up please.

You won't though because you're lying. You will ignore this question.

Wait. Are you claiming that the vaccines give you 100% immunity from infection and transmission for those 2 months?

Cause that's what pat is bitching at me for claiming.

Also a few posts ago you were claiming that in 2 weeks the vaccines and boosters were useless.

Now you're saying that for 2 months they make you impervious to the virus?

You are putting blind faith in science. Just because previous variants usually gave X months protection, it does not mean it’s the same with omicron. Nor does it mean that your body will be in the same position to defend itself as other peoples. One other thing is that people who test positive for covid are not told what variant they had, so you may not have had the omicron variant.

However, back to you going anti-vaxxer rather than spend some of the €4 billion advertising recenue (your claim) on education?

Yea. Looks like the while "let's get back on topic thing a few posts ago was an attempt to deflect from that claim.

No doubt patnor will be along shortly to call him out on his false claim here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Because the management are making a play to get more money in the next budget as they think they are understaffed? That's what I see from reading between the lines of that article.

What is your theory for the long delay in releasing the documents?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

When were you offered a booster jab? Was this before or after you tested positive for covid?

Pretty big assumption there.

Kinda sounds a bit like your getting a pretty shake sense of security based on this assumption.

You are claiming that because you assume that you actually had omicron, you not have better protection than you you'd get from a booster.

So are you now acting as if you can't transmit the virus? Thay would ne massively hypocritical of you. But it would track with your claims and behavior here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

For anyone wondering who all these posters are, take a look at the thread-ban lists in the Covid forum. Pure coincidence I am sure.

Exactly. So where is the problem?

FDA is asked to release documents. They say it will take this long because we don't have the staff/money. Judge says be quicker. FDA says to treasury to give them more money.

Nothing to do with any conspiracy or safety issues regarding the vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Because there's something nefarious and incriminating in the documents if they aren't released, but not in them if they are released. This is the mindset we are dealing with here.

• Advertisement

No if they get released they'll be called fake if they don't contain what conspiracy theorists want.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Natural immunity really does no better than vaccine immunity, the boosters seem to be very efficacious against omicron whereas previous Delta infection doesn't seem to provide omicron immunity. 3 doses + omicron infection seems to have the best immunity but that implies that you get infected which really isn't a good idea (and a future variant may bypass whatever immunity Omicron gave the person anyway)

I also haven't seen any data on waning to being ineffective against symptomatic infection after 2 months, most have it at 6 months with severe disease protection remaining strong throughout, but do post if you've seen otherwise.

Delta was still prominent at Xmas and it could take up to 2 weeks for symptoms to show.

I had covid January-February 2021 and it didn’t infect my lower respiratory tract either. Upper respiratory was mild enough too. Did I have omicron 8 months before it was an active variant?

So assuming that you had omicron is a bit silly. You have put blind faith into your assumptions that are potentially wrong, and when it comes to making logical conclusions, crap in equals crap out. I.e. the conclusion can’t be trusted

Which is hilarious give how he's based his entire "safety issue" on people assuming they're safe from transmission just because they're vaccinated.

Hmm, poster claims to not be anti vax and to have happily taken their first two doses, as those were safe, yet had started a thread about anti vax back in early December 2020.

What changed between December 2020 to encourage @Phishnet to then get double jabbed?

But then they say they didn't get a booster jab in the last couple of months of 2021 because of the omnicron variant which was only identified in December 2021 and as they caught covid in the last week of 2021 they therfore didn't need to be boosted.

Something smells phishy around the time line here. And why are they suddenly terrified of the booster jab of exactly the same thing which they have allegedly already had two jabs of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Lies, misrepresentation and dodging. All to avoid saying "I'm anti-vax because I fall for any old shite grifters tell me"

I'm also curious when he made the decision to not get the boosters. From his posts he was implying that he was due for his, yet in Ireland they're only available after a minimum of 90 days.

So since the start of the vaccine he's gotten both doses, omicron (he assumes) and was due for his boosters.

Pretty busy Christmas.

The other thread they started was from 2020 and before the initial vaccine rollout, well when the first jabs would have been given in the UK so lots of publicity around them getting approved. They claim to not be anti vax but were starting anti vax threads before the initial vaccines became available.

Yea, it really boogles the mind why they keep doing this.

If they genuinely believe all this shite, why then do you have to pretend not to believe to convince people of it or defend it?

How do people justify that to themselves?

The reason is pretty clear though. They've learned that if they are honest and open about their beliefs, people will rightly dismiss them as ridiculous and obviously false. It's easier to convince people of some nitpicking safety concerns. It's harder to convince them that the vaccines are part of a global satanic plot to depopulate the world.

I think in the last few years a lot of them have learned what claims make people roll their eyes and stop taking them seriously. They've learned which beliefs make family members block them on facebook.

• Advertisement

Advertisement