Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Desperate for an attempt at humor as well as desperate for a point to make it seems.

At least it's slightly more clever and insulting than just keep calling me "Rob" for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Not humour. I think it’s more of a childish frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

Have you got a source for that? I can find nothing about it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Which would suggest that there is one more jab each in the contract with Pfizer before any new negotiations are needed, plus a few spare jabs. Not exactly the 6 boosters and two initial jabs that you are trying to make out as if it is some nefarious plan by Pfizer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Please do discuss the safety of the vaccines.

Try not to say things about how it's perfectly safe and how that somehow means that it's unsafe as that is a monumentally daft argument.

• Advertisement

That is what you're arguing about the current vaccine though. You've repeatedly suggested that because it still allows transmission it's useless.

The new vaccines won't stop people from transmitting the virus either.

And this is of course ignoring any new variants that will arise.

If that happens will the new vaccines be "useless" then?

Also I've asked you a few times now but over dodged each time.

Why not just have people follow the same measures as they would if they were unvaccinated and then also give them the booster?

Isn't this the best option to increase safety available to you right now?

Why aren't you just doing this given how your so concerned about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

So no conspiracy then, why would "pharma" force something to be used that isn't necessary, do elaborate a little bit.

If pharma is developing it, it will be used, whether it is necessary or not, well, that’s a different question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

All I see in your post is the exaggeration of one issue v the simplifying of another.

1. Lots of unvaccinated people do not get into ICU to begin with, while at the moment there is a sense of general blame on anybody who isn't vaccinated. people who end up in ICU for the vast majority have comorbitities and fall inside a certain age bracket.
    2. The fact that Covid didnt exist before should not be used an excuse to justify people who were getting sick even before Covid for reasons that depend entirely on their unhealthy habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Under FDA full approval and EMA Conditional Marketing Approval the manufacturer of the medicine takes on the liability. This is another one of those "my first anti-vax talking points" you're spouting.

And even if that was the case, how did pharmaceutical companies force countries to do this? Why didn't their Delta vaccine get used? Why didn't the Sanofi vaccine get used? Sanofi want to make money as well don't they? OK if you want to drop this tangent as it looks like you've been shown up again and are scrabbling about.

When did you decide not to take the booster jab? The booster programs have been going on for months, were you waiting for your appointment date to come through, were you intending to take the booster before omicron came along?

Seeing as omnicron has only been an issue for about 7 weeks so far, and you'll not be getting a jab within 4 weeks of being infected anyway, the timing of your position on boosters, testing positive, and refusing jabs due to safety issues that you cannot identify seems all a bit out of sync.

Are you actually Novak Djokovic?

• Advertisement

Would that be part of the 27million ordered by the EU and not expected to be approved for use and delivery until April?

https://pharmaphorum.com/news/valneva-gets-eu-deal-for-covid-jab-and-may-sue-uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,488 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

"people have died and have had severe adverse effects from taking these vaccines."

The same can be said for the birth control pill, penicillin, paracetamol, peanuts and a host of other things, do you actively avoid those too...ya know.. just in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

I hope you can. Are you ready to admit you don't think there is a conspiracy yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Nothing here is off topic you are free to discuss anything. Only those few self proclaimed truth warriors are trying to hijack thread constantly yapping stuff like "then what's the safety issue" or "where is the conspiracy" all just vain attempts to shut down discussion.

So you start a thread in the conspiracy theory forum about the safety of covid vaccines and you complain that people want to talk about the conspiracy theory and the safety of vaccines.

Only three days ago you were telling lies to another poster on how this thread was moved to conspiracy theories. Now when you were caught telling lies you have no problem to say that I started thread here, and despite being told several times that topic of this thread is long term issue you and your merry band demand answers NOW... lol

I do not complain, I am having fun. The longer someone watch how you lot present yourself in here the more they see who you are.

Do you also believe covid vaccine grants you immunity like Rob did just a few months ago?

If not why did you not point to him that he is not correct when he made that crazy statement and instead you liked his post?

Is that because you actually believe that or because you do not have problem with spreading lies?

Let’s cut out your bullshit right now.

1. Quote my post when you claim I told lies about how this thread started
    2. Quote my post where is said the vaccine grants immunity.

it should be simple for you to do the above but you won’t because you are bullshitting again

Lol is this onset of some serious neurological disease when you do not remember what you said three days ago? Should not be that hard to find it yourself even if your memory is failing you. I will help you here, you started with that thread moved bullshit and your friend syd jumped on it right after as a reply to new poster who wanted to discuss vaccine safety.

As for your number two you really should read twice and think a little before you start typing reply. I said it was Rob who claimed vaccine grants you immunity and you liked that post so I am simply asking...

Do you also believe covid vaccine grants you immunity like Rob did just a few months ago?

If not why did you not point to him that he is not correct when he made that crazy statement and instead you liked his post?

Is that because you actually believe that or because you do not have problem with spreading lies?

I know what I said with regard to this thread starting. You don’t and when you looked back you see you made a false accusation and rather than hold your hands up you try to double down.

Number 2, I know what went on back then and it was explained what was meant. You seem unable to comprehend English very well though. However, who is this Rob guy? I don’t recall a Rob on this thread That neurological disorder must be setting in with you

So go back and read what I said before posting more of you lies about me. This is the umpteenth time you have been caught out with your lies on this forum. Also post what I said if you are so right.

So you are saying you did not say that this thread was moved to conspiracy theories by mods or admins because it is a conspiracy theory?

🤣

• Advertisement

With pleasure. Only three days ago you were telling lies to new poster in order to discredit thread or posters here. That is what you guys do constantly.

Not surprising that you misunderstood my post as you misunderstand so much. Read the first 3 words of the quoted post, and then tell me where there is a definitive in it.

Oh, it seems that using "if I recall" magic you can then twist and lie and pretty much say everything you want?

If you recall means you have no clue but you happily offered lie to new poster in order to discredit every other poster in here.

So if that was not "definitive" are you prepared to say something in a sense that - sorry I was wrong and I did not remember how this thread started correctly?

Dont bother. I know how it started and that person you led to believe otherwise deliberately or not is not posting here anymore. No wonder why.

Yea for some reason they keep not mentioning my name and changing it slightly to either try to be funny or to try and insult me.

I'm not sure of they think it's clever or it annoys me or what.

It's very silly and very petty and a little bit cute.

They are of course all cowards as they all seem happy to whinge about me and misrepresent me and tell lies about me, but they all too afraid to actually defend any of it.

It's also very funny to watch pat here whinge about lies and misrepresenting given his history.

I did not lie. Simple as that. You’ve made yourself look very foolish here again with this crusade. It’s hilarious. Next time you pick a stupid row, make sure that you read the post and understand it before making yourself look like a fool.

You picked the wrong hill to die on as the saying goes.

I suppose childish and cute could be interchangeable depending on the age.

His lies are hilarious. He even quotes me and it highlights that he is spouting shite.

Your dodging again and feigning offence to avoid the point.

Your position does not make sense and is entirely hypocritical.

Taking the booster reduces your chances of transmission (as well as infection and serious illness).

You believe (but can't support) the idea that this would lead to "false security". However this concern is easily addressed by simply doing whatever it is you do now to avoid transmission without your booster in addition to getting the booster. This would lead to the highest reduction of danger on all fronts currently and immediatly available.

You are ignoring this question because you cannot provide a rational reason to do this if you actually do care about safety and reducing the chances of spreading the virus.

Additionally. You are ignoring the fact that whatever new vaccine that will come out will also not be completely effective and will also fade over time and will also run the risk of being less effective against future variants.

All your arguments can be equally applied to the new vaccines.

And then you refuse to actually disagree with any of your conspiracy theory buddies and the lies they have told. I think this is because you actually agree with them, but you are pretending not to be a conspiracy theorist to try and pretend your argument is based on rational safety concerns.

But your argument is not rational and you are not honest.

But as you've said you're going to ignore all of this points like a big brave boy.

And yet when we point t out that he said that the vaccines weren't vaccines, he flipped out.

• Advertisement

Yeah, both of you incapable of saying simple "I was wrong". Yet demanding the same from others.

"If I recall" is clear sign that you do not recall correctly and that your memory has some major holes in it if you cant remember some basic things happening you your favourite place on boards. Or it was simply used to mask malicious intent and lies. Would not surprise me a bit.

Advertisement