Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need a job? Gis a job!

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

How about weekends, working in retail?

Yes he willing to work weekends and hours after college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Yes he willing to work weekends and hours after college

Mc Donalds / Pennys would be hiring now for Xmas staff until early January also / Dunnes stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Although these are technically in Ennis, they cover the general Shannon area so may be applicable for some of you.

Two jobs going at Clare Youth Service in Ennis, Co. Clare.

1. Youth Worker (Full-time - Primarily Evenings and Weekends)

To engage and support young people through a range of activities and issue based programmes. To promote the work of Clare Youth Service in the community. To carry out outreach in Ennis and other areas in the wider Shannon regions. To identify and engage hard to reach “at risk” young people currently not accessing the service and support them to engage. See full spec at https://clarejobs.ie/job/14125680/youth-worker-full-time-primarily-evenings-and-weekends

2. Youth Drugs Worker (38.5 hours per week)

To deliver the work plan of the project including providing preventative educational programmes and interventions on and individual and group basis. The successful candidate will be an experienced, dynamic and committed individual who will deliver the work plan of this project. This post involves significant work on evenings and weekends including outreach in Ennis and other areas in the wider Shannon region. This is a targeted project working with young people aged 13 to 24 years of age. See full spec at https://clarejobs.ie/job/14125679/youth-drugs-worker-38-5-hours-per-week

Both roles have a closing date for applications on Monday October 05th 2020 4.30 p.m.

You need to apply via application form which can be gotten from ldack@clareyouthservice.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭unichick

A great resource for job seekers:

https://www.paulpartnership.ie/jobs-bulletin/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I see HGV Mechanic advertising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

LIDL are hiring for the store mananger for Corbally now on Linkedin. People should keep an eye out for that job and the other jobs needing to be filled there in the weeks ahead.

It's not easy so link to a Job on Linkedin but search for it and you'll see it. Posted 2 days ago so the 5th December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Hi all
    If anyone is interested the following position is available where I work.
    Part time engineering lecturer (based in Limerick )
    1-3 days a week

Lecturing engineering principles and fitting of materials to diploma level. Both practical and theory.

Online for first 6 weeks then onsite in Limerick

Previous engineering industry and experience needed
    Plus train the trainer QQI certificate
    Previous lecturing experience desirable

Starting on Monday 8th February

Pm me if interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Anyone hear of any jobs for a just finished Leaving Cert 18yr old with no prior experience....he's tried Dunnes/Range/Sports Direct/Tesco/Easons/local centras
    Mr. Price etc etc a ton of places...but nothing and he's getting down in himself. Any heads up would be much appreciated. TY

• Registered Users Posts: 39 pippin5

Hi Lobsterlady,

I really feel for your boy. Would he work in the hospitality sector? The online jobs websites such as Jobs.ie have a few vacancies in Limerick in hotels, restaurants and bars. It will be hard work but it will give him the boost he needs. Some ask for experience but he could apply anyway. I know Adare Manor are looking for people without experience to work in the kitchen of the hotel but that might be too far out for you. Best of luck, I will have my fingers crossed for him. Let us know how he gets on!

• Advertisement

pippin5 wrote: »
    Hi Lobsterlady,

I really feel for your boy. Would he work in the hospitality sector? The online jobs websites such as Jobs.ie have a few vacancies in Limerick in hotels, restaurants and bars. It will be hard work but it will give him the boost he needs. Some ask for experience but he could apply anyway. I know Adare Manor are looking for people without experience to work in the kitchen of the hotel but that might be too far out for you. Best of luck, I will have my fingers crossed for him. Let us know how he gets on!

Thanks very much for your reply. Would you believe I managed, through a friends husband, to get him 2 weeks work on a construction site starting tomorrow...he has a Safe Pass...so at least that is a start and may lead to more work after builders holidays. Thrilled to see him actually smile today. Will look into Adare Manor for after this 2 week stint as I don't mind having to travel to drop him off, will just have to make it work, wherever it is. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 pippin5

That is great news Lobsterlady. I hope your son got something after his 2 week job on the construction site. If not, there are still some jobs coming up on jobs websites.

Thanks pippin5, he has been offered more work on that site after builders break, so all good! Tough physical work but he loves it. Totally changed his mood and nice little earner before he goes hopefully off to Uni in Sept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Just seen on Facebook a babysitter job. Would it be advisable for a single guy go for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

Penneys Limerick city are now hiring temporary Christmas retail assistants. Follow the link to apply https://bit.ly/3pAc2Uh 🤶🎄🎅🎁

FMI are currently recruiting for full time and part time merchandisers to work for a well-known FMCG and retail brand in Ireland (Dublin/Kildare/Limerick/Galway

The Role & Responsibilities:

• To merchandise FMCG products for maximum visibility in store
    • Stock rotation and ordering (may involve some heavy lifting)
    • Liaising with field supervisors, store managers and occasionally with sales representatives
    • Prompt and accurate reporting on all store visits
    • Monday to Saturday morning calls between approximately between 7am-9am and some afternoon call backs
    • Full training is provided

Requirements:

• Some merchandising and retail experience is preferable but not essential
    • Excellent communication skills
    • Polite and professional manner
    • Flexible with working hours if required, hardworking and punctual
    • Own transport is an advantage, but not essential
    • Immediate start

If this sounds like you, please send your CV to kristi.relihan@fmi.ie or apply at https://kildarejobs.ie/job/14147670/fmi-are-currently-recruiting-for-full-time-and-part-time-merchandisers-to-work-for-a-well-known-fmcg-and-retail-brand-in-ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

Have anyone worked full time or part time at DPD Courier in Annacotty? Especially the night shift for loading and uploading vehicles.

What does it entail?

A fulltime library job was advertised yesterday. Deadline was yesterday as well. Very suspicious.

Full time secretarial position with on site upskilling and mentoring for an established team in a GP surgery in East Co. Limerick. 37 hours per week. Immediate start. Please apply with your CV to gpsurgeryeastlimerick@gmail.com or at https://limerickjobs.ie/job/14150840/full-time-secretary. Closing date for applications Friday 21st January 2022.

Hi there. Does anyone know the centre off of the Ballysimon Road, perhaps at Delta centre, that have language exams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Iceland - are looking for a Delivery Driver (yet again, that job pops up every month - wonder why?)

• Advertisement

The nearly 1.5k commute must be a killer.

I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Midwestloop

If anyone is looking for a warehousing job. The company Covetrus out in Annacotty Business Park Limerick is looking to hire a number of employees. The company operates out of two warehouses. They are seeking people for both warehouses. The starting hourly wage varies among warehouses between 12.63 and 13.63 Euros an hour, plus bonuses paid every few months based on performance and attendance.

You can find the job on their company website if you are interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Emirates airline looking for cabin crew, open day at the Absolute hotel 23 June: https://www.live95fm.ie/news/live95-news/major-airline-on-lookout-for-limerick-recruits/

Advertisement