Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hey

Thanks so much I have placed within top 5 on a hse panel if there much of a difference in the civil service and the hse would you know sorry just new to this whole public sector

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭crinkley

Oh you’re doing very well, what grade is the hse job? I’ve worked in both, it all comes down to the sort of area you want to work in and for a lot of people location. Both have great opportunities for promotion etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6   DanialDonegal

Has anyone applied for the Donegal campaign? i got placed OOM 365 so no hope of getting called little disappointed as dont know how get within top 100 as seems like thats what is needed for Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭I am me123

Passed the questionnaire!

Scored 4423

OOM 382.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

ah so it’s quick enough I suppose…I didn’t get 600s now but I’m more or less 400. Hoping for the best. You seem to know the ropes with this sort of thing, can I ask what happens next? Is it just a waiting game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

They can take months to appear as people sometimes just go off the panel but I think it might be quick as 20% of civil service is due to retire over next 5-10 years!!

I got within top 5 in grade 3 general national panel its sp and permanent positions the other one is grade 4 I'm within the top 50 it's national panel for public health & health protection. I don't have a preference for a certain department I just want the location within meath...which did you prefer hse or civil service I think the pay is much the same

Well the Grade 4 is obviously the one you want theres a nice pay difference and if you're already in the hse as a grade 3 it will be easier no need for the clearance etc and its just an internal move.

I couldn't say I have a preference and I've had good and okay jobs in both, it really depends on your department I've never been a CO but have managed a few teams and from my experience I find the COs in the CS to have a larger workload but again this would be due to the dept I was in and it was benefits so constantly processing. Having said that they are certainly at an advantage when it comes to promotions with better examples then someone who may just be filing, printing and sorting post

Hi I have only done temp work through an agency in the hse so it was grade 3 work..so maybe co could be a better option thanks so much for all your information

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

i wouldnt say no hope as you would be surprised the amount of retired plus drop out rate from the OOM figures.

• Advertisement

I would just say if location is the main factor pick what best suits, as you said the salaries are very similar but if offers came at the same time and locations were both right for you I'd probably go with HSE and hope you came off the grade 4 list soon. Both are good places to work you're in a very good position. Fingers crossed something comes up soon, I find HSE are a tad quicker at recruiting.

Do you know if they count your time in hse through agency like would you move up a pay scale..yep you are probably right with the hse ha I will have you driven crazy with the with the question

Yeah so I never started on the bottom of the scale because both the CS and HSE recognised incremental credits I had earned in either place and also in the UK CS. However I was permanent I wouldn't be 100% sure that they would recognise agency you would imagine and hope they would. That could certainly be a deciding factor if one will and the other wouldn't. There is a good bit of leg work you have to do yourself for this as I found HR in both places weren't overly on top of this being allowed and I had to push it, but it meant 4 increments for me so was a huge difference. It took a while but I got back pay after about 2/3 months

That was a big difference for you I will see when the time comes and which comes first Co or hse and I will push both and see what they say no harm in trying. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 wexfordquay

Hi there. My wife got 00M 290 for Wexford. Does anyone think she might have a chance of getting called for interview?? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pfinnj

I got 147 for Donegal. Anyone know if that's decent enough to be in with a good chance? Haven't taken part in these competitions before.

Im in steady employment as well so not in any rush and won't be disappointed if it doesn't work out for me this time around.

I would imagine so but could be waiting a couple of months, its literally all guess work unless you know the number of vacancies in the counties

• Registered Users Posts: 16 wexfordquay

Thanks very much. I appreciate the reply. Cheers

I would say you have a good chance just could be a waiting game, a number of those people ahead of you wont get placed for numerous reasons, they are higher on another county, they get another job in the meantime, they don't turn up for interview.

Patience is the key here but at least you have another job and aren't relying on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 9 karenoc2022

I scored 327 in clare wonder so I have any chance of interview thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 citygirl22

Hi , I placed 164 on the Cork OOM for the CO role for the Civil Service. I scored 5664. Is this a good score ? It says it’s in the top third (category A) Do you think I’ll get a call for an interview?

Also Is there a separate competition for CO roles for The HSE ? if so where can I find an application for this? Do they do a yearly competition also ? I’m new to this so I’m not sure how it works 🤷‍♀️

That’s a really good score and cork will have many positions I would be very shocked if you weren’t called for interview first or second batch depending on how many they call.

hse is different but they also advertise on public jobs you can also check out their own website there’s a recruitment section. They tend to advertise specific roles which means the process can be quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 30 citygirl22

Thanks for your reply , hopefully I’ll get a call so 🤞

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 Vodaphone

HI THE RESULTS OF THE ABOVE ONLINE QUESTIONNAIRE WERE PUBLISHED YESTERDAY ON PUBLICJOBS - DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF SOME OF THE POSITIONS ON THIS PANEL WILL BE FOR THE HSE PLEASE?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Beckett99

In the 100s for this and the teens for the TCO campaign. Feeling lately I'm on endless panels so fingers crossed for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ktex2

got 258 for Tippearary. I did the temporary co as well as got placed 89 and called for an interview. Worked as an executive officer in justice for 9 months so hopefully it'll help me in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cullejj

Hi, I got 69 in Longford and 84 in Westmeath what's the chances of being called does anyone know.

you have a very good chance, especially with Westmeath and the dept of Education being there, plenty of CO roles

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BusyBee2022

54 in Laois and 68 in Offaly, very hopeful to move to interview stage 🤞 I think I should have a good chance? I have no idea if they would be many openings in Laois/Offaly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Just been sent an expression of interest email for interview

Advertisement