Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

2015 in Dublin.

Crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

I'd say you're still in with a good chance of being called for interview, maybe not immediately but the panel is open for two years.

plenty of people don't take up positions for whatever reason, so don't give up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

im thinking of a change in career and got 363 in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Totally Red

Got 390 in Dublin new to this am i in with a shout thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Elliechin123

Hi,

I got 203 for westmeath. Does anyone know if I'm in with a chane of being called for interview? 😑

• Advertisement

where does/did it state the panel expiration? Just curious I missed that

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nrt

I got around the lower 1300s for Dublin and 350s for Cork, how likely would it be that I'll be called for interview for either county?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

251 for Clare... any hopes of being called for an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭crinkley

Cork will have a good few places will certainly get an interview and eventually Dublin I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Got 408 for Meath scored 4638, lucky i have a job and can just wait it out.....

• Advertisement

Page 15 of the candidate booklet.

It is not envisaged that appointments will be made from this competition after 31st January 2023. 

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LukeCoyler

OOM 544 for Dublin, scored 5746. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

So it's a one year panel. They extended the 2020 panel to two years - no doubt because of Covid.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Looks that way alright but who knows what may happen but without the usual Supervised tests you’d imagine the whole process should be quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

148 for Dublin

That’s a really good score congrats, good luck prepping for the interview hopefully people here soon I’d say by Friday

Thanks. Actually, I’m already a CO as I got placed in the 2021 CO comp. However, I’m looking to get into a certain department so I’m trying this and mobility :)

What is the turn around time like for interviews etc…I only done this type of thing once but was for a different service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Irishgirl2022

Is your scoring position only based on your scenario aptitude test or does it include your application form part C too? I am very disheartened- this is the 4th year I have applied. I got mid 400s in my county that doesn’t have many jobs. I don’t know what am I doing wrong.

Last time for my 2020 application I was a lot slower completing it so I tried to complete it quicker this time. I finished 20 minutes earlier. I read the guidelines and knew that you had an option of choosing for e.g. ‘good response’ for more than one answer. I know of another applicant who didn’t know this and thought you had to pick one of each response (good response/adequate response/weak response/bad response) and finished 20 minutes later than me and she has similar qualifications to me and work experience to me but she got a scoring position of under 50. The only difference I can see she did TCO twice, and I didn’t use a lot of buzzwords in my application.

Do they scan buzzwords in your application?

Do they look at your qualifications? A couple of applicants I know don’t have any and got very good scores. I have qualifications and experience in several different areas.

Does anyone know if there any courses or books or websites?

Thanks very much.

The score is based solely on the test, it’s very hard to prepare for these sort of tests but advice I’ve given to anyone about to apply for the civil service especially externals is to forget about your experience and your job and remember the characteristics they want in a co. Someone who can understand and follow instructions and respects the chain of command. You’re not solving problems at that level and that’s where I have seen others score not as well in these sort of tests

• Advertisement

The last time, I was placed in the 600’s - got called for interview December ‘21 (after being placed on panel in April/ May ‘21)

Thanks very much Crinkley for your advice. I will take note of that for next time 🤞🏻.

I don't know what they base the OOM on exactly, and I also did abysmally in the 2020 CO campaign even though I did really well in the TCO, so you're not alone. I have a 18 months more TCO experience since the last campaign and did much better this time round.

I did find that when answering the questions I had to keep reminding myself that the position I was applying for is one where I am expected to do the sometimes mundane, repetitive work and I don't make any decisions on anything. I am there to support the managers and the rest of the team and that's the extent of my responsibilities (aside from personal responsibilities).

Always look at the competencies for the position you're applying for and try to base your replies with them in mind.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 2 luca_t

Hi I have been placed 333 for Wexford, do you think I have any chance of getting an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

Does anyone know what the max scoring was?

It doesn't specify for this campaign but for the 2020 campaign it was 8000

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hey

Just found this thread I scored within top 50 for cavan and just over 100 for meath..I really wanted meath this is my first time applying do we have to do 2 interviews one for each county and can our number in one change after interviews and do they call everyone for interview or do it in batches sorry for all the questions

• Advertisement

Hey and congratulations. You’ll only have to do one interview you will be called for interview when your oom is met in either county.

They will do interviews in batches, this will be down to local demand so top 50 in Cavan you’d imagine called on that but the demand for Meath could be higher and they require more people

Advertisement