Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 VelaSupernova

Yep, Rigney was manager of the Village when they won in 2011, will be interesting to see how he gets in down in 'Comer.

Haven't heard anything about the Boro, last I heard they were still on the hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jonniegoogle

Glenmore are currently without a management team.

Is there many club teams still looking for manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

From what I've heard Boro management is selected but not officially announced. Graigue Ballycallan also looking for a manager from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Well done Mooncoin

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Powerhouse1

Very good Under 21 A Semi Final today in Thomastown. Shamrocks been Shamrocks hurled to the final whistle to beat Thomastown despite missing 3 starters due to covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Heard some of the Management appointed by the Boro have already stepped down. It appears their recruitment/selection processes leave a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Paul cahill with danesfort

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

After the Windgap debacle? Jesus this could end badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

What was the debacle?? Never heard anything and I’m south Kk.

He was asked to leave by the players, philly lonergan took over for Championship. I dont want to say too much online.

• Advertisement

I will add that I hope he continues to ref as i think he is the best ref in kilkenny at the moment

What's the story with Thomastown?

Have they anyone yet?

Doesn't sound great. It seems every club has their own issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭brookville

Alot of clubs are struggling with managers from what I've heard

I heard Henry wants to be involved with thomastown I dunno if it's true or not and maybe John brennan as manager.

And word on the county set up?they are playing next weekend brassill Is suppose to be back which is definitely a positive considering all our doom and gloom

All staying on .Henry will rejoin after galway exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭therealdonster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Ah yeah that’s grand. I often wondered if you could be a ref and a trainer. Regardless of club level , competition etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Village87

What is going on with Kilkenny set up ? Years ago players had one chance. if you did not take it you were never seen again. Now lads are getting dropped then brought back in again, dropping off the panel themselves and slating the set up and still get called back in. We are now like a club set up, begging lads to come back in. As long as the current management stay in place we will slip further away from the holy grail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭Grats

While not disagreeing with your post I did ask you after your previous post to give a list of the new players you want in. There's no pont in saying so many players should be dropped if you don't have replacements.

Furthermore, if players are willing to stay in the panel or rejoin it, perhaps all the talks of a toxic atmosphere is just nonsense. Similarly with the selectors. We heard about Gorta having a dust up with Cody but yet he's still there.

Finally, can we have the names of replacements for those you want dropped?

Walsh Cup game V Laois has been fixed for Callan in Sunday at 2pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭brookville

Nowlan Park was fairly cut up after the mooncoin match last weekend so the sensible thing is move the match to callan especially with the league just around the corner

I think we're all suprised that there wasn't more retirements but some of the rumours we all heard during the year might of being blown up a bit.I do belive we needed change in management and like the last few years I wouldn't be too optimistic about our chances.Some of our tactics are braindead and it's great watching ballygunner or the shamrocks who use the ball so well.

It was strange looking at Henry with galway at the weekend and it's dissapointing some of our former greats are all in different counties despite us struggling underage.We should of had these lads involved in the underage set ups but you couldn't blame these lads because we need a big root and branch starting at the county board.

Do we know how the county trials went?Huge difference In club and county but deegan improved every match in the forwards will he be tried in attack?Id like to see padriag Walsh pushed up the field a bit.There will probably be alot of players caught up with colleges but I'd like to see mikey butler getting game time. If the shamrocks and ballygunner do get to the final the tussle between Darren mullen and dessie Hutchinson should be intriguing. Hopefully mullen can stay injury free and break into the county team.Ballygunner look to be on a serious mission this year,they have a huge backroom team. The shamrocks were lucky enough a few years ago when they last met.I think the ball got stuck In the mud preventing a goal,eoin coady announced himself that night and has gone from strength to strength.

Don't rule out slaughtneill. Parnell Park nice and tight. Ballyhale were blessed a few years ago.

Is that report just guess work! Pity the author didn't find out what new players are in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

What do you mean guess work? Verney would know if they're staying on or not in my opinion so I'd trust that article.

Well if they hadn't announced their retirement at this stage anybody would guess they were staying on. I doubt he phoned each player or Cody. If he does have the inside track perhaps he might tell us something we don't know.

To be fair if they haven't announced by now then it is likely that they are staying on. It has all the sounds of them all giving it one last go. And sure why not? Outside Linerick there isn't really a whole lot that you would fear. The whole thing will be over no later than July at best so its only really 6-7 months at max.

Waterford are probably the next best team but to me they lack the 15 to truly win it. However they have important players to come back so they probably are the most likely to put it up to them.

Tipp look like starting a bit of a rebuild and I don't fancy the look of their management team. Cork will be looking to build and will be adding some of their younger stars, however they may not be ready yet.

Henry has gone on his little ego trip but I don't fear them one bit - for now anyway. I think if we play them next year we would take them as we at least have a seasoned team if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Village87

Although Richie has his injury struggles the last 4/5 years I feel he is gaining nothing staying on another year. Its obvious for all to see Cody does not rate/trust him. Just goes to show that Kilkenny have nothing coming through, these would have all been dropped by Cody in the last 2 years if we had anything coming through. Tommy Walsh Noel Hickey, Jackie Tyrell, Micheal Rice and many more were all dropped and these lads with the exception of Richie would not be in the same league as the lads I mentioned. Worrying times ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Maybe I'm gone dotty with all the lockdowns but is €10 not a bit steep for Walsh Cup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭kksaints

For match tickets no it's the norm I would have said. For a online stream yes it's steep.

Advertisement