Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who has covid? Nov 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Can't believe how long it took for me but I seem to have picked it up on NYE as another person at the gathering tested positive. Tbh I was surprised how bad my symptoms were as I'm a very fit 25 year old and double vaccinated.. I had nearly every symptom under the sun ...fatigue, nausea, fever, mucussy cough , body aches, chills, splitting headache. I've never had the flu but the closest I've had to this was when I developed sinuitis which was pretty bad. I suppose this is probably omicron which is supposed to be mild but so I'd say I would have been looking pretty rough if it was delta and I was unvaccinated..so cheers to that at least. I've been in bed since the 2nd Jan basically. Symptoms gradually getting better though after 3 days now. Just got my positive PCR this evening but that's hardly any surprise. I began isolating when I started getting fatigue even though my antigen was still showing negative, but antigen quickly turned strong positive when my symptoms got worse but again no surprise really with the symptoms and being a close contact.

Oddly enough my boyfriend who lives with me continued to show negative antigens(5 tests over the course of 4 days) since New Years Day, despite developing some symptoms, milder forms than me of fatigue, headache and fever. We were both wondering if he might have had some kind of immunity to it although he never had COVID before either. But I guess no surprise either that his PCR did in fact come back positive. Anyway, I found it interesting. To me now it looks like NPHET were dead right being a bit scpetical of the antigens, they serve a purpose alright but no way would I totally rely on it totally anymore if I was meeting a vulnerable person.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It took 48 hours when usually I'd have it in 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MaroonMan

1 Family member in my household has covid (father) he is isolating the his room and the rest of the family have tested negative.

The rules say he can come out of isolation after 7 days if he is feeling ok etc etc, however, he still had a positive antigen test yesterday, does he still carry the virus ? Does he need a negative antigen? Maybe that is not a requirement but just trying to get the answers for everyone to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’d wait for antigen to go negative if it were me.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Thought I did but PCR came back negative. Still have symptoms. Had my booster on 23rd Dec, after getting over the effects of that, felt sick again on New Year's Eve and have had cold symptoms since then. Still waiting to see what the family gets as results. I guess this is just a regular cold then? 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭fits

Well this thread appears to have peaked anyway.

I’ve sent my child back to school wondering how long before he will bring it home again. The other boy’s special needs daycare centre has not reopened yet due to staff isolating.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was at a party on St Stephen’s Day and apart from myself and my partner, every single person at the party (including children) have since tested positive. I’m baffled really as we were as close as you could get to one another without physically lobbing the gob. There was karaoke and we were all passing around the microphone and at one stage there was about five of us using the same mic. I was fully prepared to test positive and myself and my partner have been doing antigens daily and are always negative and we have no symptoms. We’re all scratching our heads as to how we evaded it but we have a different vaccine (Pfizer) and the rest a mix of Moderna and AZ. Don’t know has that anything to do with it? Either way I was fully prepared to contract it but so far have not

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jafin

I think maybe some people are just more susceptible to it than others. When I got it there was a group of six of us out at the pub and four of us tested positive a few days later. Two of the people in the group are partners who live together, one of them was positive and the other wasn't. They weren't even doing much to isolate from one another in the house after he tested positive and she just never caught it off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I finally have the dreaded Covid. Tested distinctly positive on an antigen test.

I am not sure I can be bothered looking for a PCR test. I was trying to get one for my brother around Xmas time so I know how frustrating the system is. My daughter also has symptoms.

I am relieved to have to be honest - I was due a booster on Monday with GP but I would prefer natural immunity if it stays mild.

Headache and sore throat. No cough or fever. Tired too but it was a long week at work.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I know a family who had it at Xmas. The adults were double vaccinated (Pfizer), the kids weren't.

They did not isolate from each other at all but just 1 adult and 1 child got it - confirmed by PCRs. Strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

An uncle of mine displayed symptoms (a mild cough) last Tuesday week. He managed to get a PCR test on the Thursday which came back positive that evening. He had been isolating since the Tuesday. His cough disappeared very quickly and has had no symptoms since last Saturday. Yesterday was his seventh day since his PCR so we decided to give him an antigen which came up negative. Naturally he was happy with this but being a cautious man he decided to maintain his isolation today. We called to him this evening to do his second antigen and it came up positive! We thought maybe we had done something wrong so gave him another one to try. That too came up positive. What's going on here? He feels perfectly fine and thought he would be ok to go out and about tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

Getting record of recovery might be handy for travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭homenotaway

My dad is still having positive antigens after 13 days. I asked the contact tracer this morning if he should still be isolating and was told that he is no longer infectious after day 10. This seems to be the official guidance 🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

@retro:electro its definitely a head scratcher

One of our children tested positive in November- we did not isolate her and carried on as normal in the home. None of the rest of us got it

Fast forward to this month I became symptomatic so immediately isolated, I tested positive and every single one of us got it this time around even though I was isolating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

Well I just got a positive text result after having symptoms throughout the week. Husband tested negative which is strange as he hadn’t been feeling great the week before but was fine after a bit. We both did antigens and all came back negative. So it’s just me with it now! Because my antigens were negative, do I go by the first day I got symptoms and count to 10 days from there? I haven’t got the booster yet

One person in our family isn't vaccinated and they were among those who didn't contract Covid when the rest of us did. I was very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

@snowgal it’s 10days from your first day of symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

My other half developed symptoms New Year’s Eve 31st , only managed to secure a PCR yesterday 7th January , PCR text result received today positive , however antigen test this morning came up negative .

She hasn’t had the booster, so is working off the 10 day isolation rule which starts from the day of symptoms , so she will be released from isolation on Monday / Tuesday.

I have done antigens every day myself since New Year’s Eve , all negative .I was sure I would have picked it up off her .

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JustPeachy

Hi all, what's the current average turnaround for pcrs these days? 10.30am appointment this morning in croke park (and it was unbelievably quiet there!). Will it really take 48 hours to come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Housefree

The only reason I'm getting the PCR test done is for the extension on the Covid passport without a booster

• Advertisement

My other half tested yesterday at 2pm , results back just after 4 today , the test centre said it could be 24 to 72 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

Mine was just under 48 hours, husbands was 28 hours, both done at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Had my test yesterday morn got the results this afternoon. Knew I had it anyway between the antigen tests and the fact this 'cold' felt exactly like the side effects from the 1st jab, which floored me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I currently have covid(very slight cough only) but how do I get the covid extension passport? Is it on the hse site?

I was going to get the booster but obviously can't now for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭iwasliedto

You could still have it. My other half tested positive on the 26thdec, I didn't isolate from her and consistently was negative until

the 4 Jan. I thought I was safe but just because you are neg for so long don't think that you cannot pick it up as her infection wains..

Thanks ,how did you discover you were positive ? Did you become unwell or just kept doing the antigens ?

My other half has done the isolation since New Year’s Eve when she became unwell , I’ve avoided her .

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭iwasliedto

I was doing antigen because my kid was supposed to go to school the next day. I was very surprised .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Just google hse covid recovery cert and the form will pop up. Its a simple form, just name, phone, pps and email. My OH filled in his on Friday and received it yesterday. I filled in mine yesterday so should have it later of tomorrow.

Day 3 of Covid for me. Pretty certain its Omicron.

The headaches are gone and all I have left is a mild sore throat. I feel good otherwise, planning a long walk soon.

Is that how other people experienced it? 2-3 day event?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Woke up yesterday with a slight sore throat. Tired too. Wasn't up for my usual sat morning spin class. Took an antigen - negative. Pretty tired. Woke today with a runny nose too so took another antigen- positive. Everyone else at home negative. Have booked. PCR for tomorrow- couldn't get anything local. Double jabbed with Pzifer- had planned on getting my booster in the next week or two

I'm really confused re household close contacts (adults and kids)- seem to have stumbled on an outdated page on I think HSE website contracting another page. What's the up to date advise? Presume kids can't go to school but for how long if they continue to test negative?

Advertisement