Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for a laptop for college computer science

• 07-01-2022 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 23 NiceSwan

Budget: I have a decent budget can go up to 2k for the right machine. I'm looking at the ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6

on Lenovo atm. 2 in 1 configured with i7-1165g7 and 32gb lpddr4x 4266mhz ram with the 4k WQUXGA ips screen might throw in the 5g sim slot too. no operating system and only 256 m.2 . Have a spare 500gb samsung m.2 in my main machine

Working out at € 2,077 in the student store with 3 yr accident protection..

I did the first semester from home, but think everything will be in person for the new semester. In case it matters. I'm a mature student, over 35.

Intended use: For programming, Python, Java, bit of web dev. Don't need it to play games e.t.c. so programming, browsing, streaming,

Mobility: Will be travelling each day walking , train and bus, so mobility is a factor. I have a beefy pc at home so any major work can be done on that.Need the Laptop just to get through lectures and labs. Can use cloud storage to save work as back up.

Warranty: I don't mind doing work myself. installing upgrades and parts. The framework laptop looks interesting but can't get it here yet.

What Operating System do you use? Windows machine. Might use linux Virtual machines. Not sure the yoga could manage that though.

Comments

Advertisement