Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 11 - HBO Max (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

This season was up and down but when it was good it was really good. That finale though was the worst he ever made

Post edited by BruteStock on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Loved the finale! Mixed bag alright all round but some really vintage bits too.

Best line was from Leon when he suggested to Susie that she should let a ‘brother have a go on that motherfcuker’ after her new ‘tightening’ surgery!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

Ah Larry, I think it's time to throw in the towel. You've given us plenty good moments over the years.

Some quality Curb moments this season and of course Susies fashion was top notch as always but a lot of the season fell flat, I really didn't take a shine to the Irma character.

Perhaps with Jeff potentially being "cancelled" this could be the end of the road for LD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

"Let a brother put some 'highway miles' on that"

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Glen Keogh the prop guy is in tubridy this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Thanks for that - have to say I actually found the interview interesting re how the improv proceeded 😂

Clip podcast at https://www.rte.ie/radio/radio1/clips/22053469/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That was a great listen, beaming for him, hope he gets a few more gigs from it.

New Larry David doc releasing on HBO Max, March 1st. Larry talking about his life? Sign me up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Saw this tweet the day before the documentary was supposed to air and actually thought it was a joke and a reference to how the initial Curb Your Enthusiasm special was Larry wanting to do a "documentary" instead of a stand up special.

Turns out t it wasn't a clever joke :(

Thought i posted that hear on the day, yeah went to watch it on day of release and saw it, bollox!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for 12th Season

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Best tv series ever but probably just as well they call time, the last series just didn't hit the spot for me too many times seemed more forced going for the gags that worked so well in the past

plus the cast is beginning to look very old, Richard Lewis is like a walking dead by this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

This is a bit like Black Mirror for me – I know it’s in continuous decline, but manage to forget how quickly between one season and the next to tune in again out of curiosity/hope 😂

Mad how Curb has been ging nearly 3 times longer than Seinfeld.

Loved the last series but theyre pushing 80 if there was a series 13 so right time to call it.

In the last series Richard pretty much walked out of major surgery (in real life) and onto the set and filmed 😂😂

First epsiode was alright. Vintage stuff. Doesnt really set up the series. Interested to see where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Found the car scene absolutely hilarious. With some very strong language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I was a little bit underwhelmed with the first episode. The car scene above was brilliant owever and probably something a lot of us can relate to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Unfortunately a forgettable episode .....sorry to see they're carrying over the Tracy Ullman character and that latino actor, 2 additions I thought brought nothing humorous to the last series, changed the dynamics of the show and not for the good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

Pretty pretty pretty ok episode I thought. Couple of good pieces and I enjoyed it overall. Not the best but definitely not the worst. Good to have Larry back all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,794 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

quite funny but that bubbly Latino is tiresome in my opinion

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Agreed but I think that's probably the point of it, everyone loves her except Larry, Leon and us.

Anyway, really good episode and loads of laughs, not quite as blistering as some earlier seasons but considering the length of the run, to get that level of quality is rare.

Larry giving dietary advice to a lactose intolerant man in a holding cell felt very in character. Not a bad episode but a tad predictable.

Whoever is doing Suzie's costuming is doing a tremendous job.

Enjoyed the 2nd episode more than the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I thought thev2nd esp was brilliant , great too see Mocha Joe back , it’s all in the beans

Good to get a golf course related episode. Quite a few throw backs to previous seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I thought that was one of the best episodes in a long time. Not because of some underlying high concept clever script but more because it was a proper old school low stakes self contained episode that left room for the core cast to deliver top notch moments of improvisation (I assume).

Classic Curb.

Advertisement