Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

No, it is a full game. And they've released DLC for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So the remake of FF VII is complete, nothing more to come? This Part 2 that they're talking about is not on the OG FF VII?

No, but there will be more games to complete the story. Fellowship of the Ring doesn't have the full story but it's still a complete film.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone know if you have to have the ps4 version of FF 7 remake installed to get the upgrade or just having it in your library will kick off the ps5 download? Not sure whether to download the 90gb ps4 version today so it's ready for tomorrow or if that will be a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You need to add the upgrade version from the store to your account. You don't need to install the PS4 version unless you want to transfer a save.

• Advertisement

Ah ok, yeah might install just to transfer the save although i plan on playing the dlc first and then replaying the main story.

You're missing my point. They're remaking a game but splitting it into 3, so no, I don't consider it a full game considering it's only a part of the original full game. And before releasing the rest of it, they're releasing DLC for the first part at an additional cost. And people are happy about that for some reason. I don't even have an interest in it, or the original, but I think that's crappy practice. Put that time into completing the game before trying to milk more money out of it.

It's a different game to the first game, it's not even telling the same story as the original. And this first part is about as long as the whole original was.

But why this blurb then? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake

"Final Fantasy VII Remake is the first in a planned series of games remaking the 1997 PlayStation game Final Fantasy VII. It covers the first section of the original game, set in the metropolis Midgar; Tim Rogers of Action Button estimated that Remake covers approximately 30% of the original game's story."

Saw on reddit that someone got info from the game site that the free PS5 upgrade goes live at 5pm Irish time. Then you can buy Intermission DLC for I think 15 euro, discounted from 20. If you let your PS Plus sub lapse, you will lose access to the PS5 version and unable to play the dlc.

• Advertisement

Look, you haven't played it, and I don't know if you've played the original, so I can't explain it to you but they're telling a different story based on the original. The first part was mostly based on the first part of the original (definitely not 30% of it) but it's going to diverge a lot from here. And the DLC tells a part of the story that will almost certainly be more relevant in the later parts, but wasn't important enough to include in the main game.

Final Fantasy VII Remake - PS5 Free upgrade is now available, 84gbs. Yuffie DLC is 15 euro, 10gb. A few free in game items on the store for it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

January psplus games leaked by deal labs.

Dealabs have correctly leaked the last few months of games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭Damien360

Dirt 5 is a nice addition. Tough to play on PS without a steering wheel. Played it on PC with wheel and pedals and it was a damn sight easier. Don’t know the other 2 at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I only played about 8 hours of Deep Rock Galactic, but it's deadly - proper co-op fun.

I was interested in DRG but reviews are that it's really not a solo players game. I have a couple of mates with a PS5 so maybe we'll get a couple of games in, as it seems fun. Already have Dirt 5. And delighted with P5Strikers, I wanted it for a while as I enjoyed what bit of P5 I played, but I just can't warm to turn based, so Strikers seemed like something I could enjoy more. So happy enough with that! Probably won't be true now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bought a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT on black friday,waiting for a stand to arrive in January to use it.

Happy to see dirt 5 next month if true so.

Deep Rock is something I've been tempted by aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭jj880

No new VR games?

WTF is this BULLSH!T

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Persona 5 Strikers looks good though. Something different for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Any offers going at the moment for a 12 month sub?

leak was correct again

Persona 5 Strikers | PS4

Jump into the stylish world of Persona in an all-new story featuring the Phantom Thieves as they embark on an epic road trip across Japan. A summer vacation with close friends takes a sudden turn as a distorted reality emerges, thrusting you in an epic tale as you strike back against the corruption overtaking cities. Dynamically control your team during explosive action combat as you reveal the truth and redeem the hearts of those imprisoned at the centre of the crisis.

Dirt 5 | PS4 & PS5

Conquer stunning global routes and drive an iconic roster of cars in an amplified off-road racing experience. Let loose in the boldest off-road racing experience ever, with a star-studded Career, four-player split-screen, online multiplayer*, Playgrounds creator mode and more. Blaze a trail on global tracks, covering gravel, ice, snow and sand, with cars ranging from rally icons to trucks, to GT heroes. Race on over 70 routes across 10 global locations – from New York's frozen East River, to the glimmer of Norway's Northern Lights.

Deep Rock Galactic | PS4 & PS5

Deep Rock Galactic is a 1-4 player* co-op FPS featuring badass space Dwarves, 100% destructible environments, procedurally-generated caves, and endless hordes of alien monsters. Work together as a team to dig, explore, and fight your way through a massive cave system filled with hordes of deadly enemies and valuable resources. You will need to rely on your teammates if you want to survive the most hostile cave systems in the galaxy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Dirt 5. Very nice.

Yeah looking forward to giving Dirt 5 a go. I really should try Persona 5 on the ps plus collection, see if I'm into it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Already own Dirt 5. Persona 5 Strikers is something I've been waiting to get on sale so will be snapping that up. Best month in a good while for me.

Games now available to download /add to library

Started playing dirt 5 and have it on ea play license. Seems I cant overwrite with ps plus license so will lose it next month when ea play sub runs out. Bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Can you not remove the EA version from your library and then add the PS Plus version? I know they gave you the option to remove things like demos from your library but I don't know if you can remove full games.

Seems I cant. I can hide / unhide but it keeps the ea license. No biggy. If Im still playin it near end of the month maybe i'll contact PlayStation support and see if they can change the license. Would be nice to have for multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,371 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

No, unfortunately not. I tried this before with Star Wars Battlefront 2 and had no joy with Sony. I submitted a request to Sony and the rep was massively unhelpful saying it wasn't possible

That said, I'm sure there is some way to process it and you might get a customer service rep who's helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Could you cancel your EA sub early and then get the PS+ version?

• Advertisement
Advertisement