Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does any state organisation regulate Myhome.ie, Daft.ie and the other property sites?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

If a business wants to organise itself on the Islamic calendar, I have no issues with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

So what if it hasn't been taught in schools since 1970, I first went to school well past 1970 and I know it. I had to because it is still used by many today.

Though it does get a bit ridiculous when you hear lads ordering 4.8m lengths of 2 by 1 rough in the builders providers,

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Jmc25

Yeah I'd agree that it's not up to the websites to police this.

But more generally I think regulations could he put in place to make advertising second hand property more transparent.

Estate agents really do thrive on providing the absolute bare minimum level of information to buyers, many of whom, let's face it, have no idea what they're doing in buying their first property.

Given the huge sums of money involved I think there's an argument for the state to step in and regulate the whole process more, saying buyer beware is just the usual business of the state lazily trusting "the market" to do its job for it.

Disagree with this. Buying a house is probably the biggest and most important purchase of your life. You have the benefit of YOUR surveyor and YOUR solicitor to advise you, and you get to view the property, multiple times if you want to, before purchase. Apart from the basic information, I’m not sure why you would need to rely on what an EA tells you. They work for the seller, not you, why would you want their opinion on the property or anything other than an outline description?

Advertisement