Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

What's he coming from? I know when I moved from the original Xbox one to the One X and eventually the Series X my saves all followed me, they would be greyed out on the list of saves and would then download when you click on them.

Games on mobile or pc would not appear in that list from what I recall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone got any recommendations for good online co op games,not couch co op, on gamepass at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Halo games are good for online play too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sorry, only getting back to this now.

I'd a quick look the other day, and he had the Xbox One Edition of Minecraft stored.

So I uninstalled that, installed the "normal" Minecraft from Game Pass, and everything seems to be ok now.

As an aside, Santa's skint now (youngest lad got the PS5!), but I'd like to let the eldest fella get the best (4K@120Hz) out of the X. He's not getting my 65" OLED (even I have limits!), so I'm wondering what would be the best/cheapest option in the 40"-55" range? Does the 120 really make much of a difference? Or would 4K@60Hz be plenty good enough?

4K60 should be enough. While 120 is great tbh the framerates aren't stable enough without VRR. I think the only tvs that support 120 under 55 inch are the 48 inch oleds(excluding the LG A1). In the 40 inch size there's only really a Panasonic available, currently €400 in the sales. Don't expect 10bit panels in the smaller screen sizes either.

Might be worth waiting for the 42 inch LG C2 Oled that should be out in May depending on your budget, should start somewhere between €1000-€1200 and eventually marked down to €800-€900 by Black Friday.

Thanks sniper.

My post should've said 48", not 40". Stupid fat fingers!

Yeah, was thinking it'd be the 48" LG OLED would be my best bet for everything. I have the 65" version for myself, and it's a pretty good set.

Might get him a 4K@60Hz set for the time being and see how things go. If the OLEDs drop in price, I can get one of them and pass the other one down to the youngest fella!

Any suggestions for a 4K@60Hz set? Perferably one that doesn't have the big wide legs! Who's decided they're a good idea?!😵

The oleds are pricey. The A1 is 60hz and around €800. The Philips, LG C1, Panasonic and Sony sets range from €1150-€1800, all these use the same panel.

Tbh at the price you'd be better off with a 50 inch LG Nanocell 86 than the A1, it's currently about €750. It's still hdmi 2.1 with a 120hz panel.

As for the stupid clip on legs instead of an actual stand you can always buy a compatible VESA stand for it. At least it isn't as bad as the LG G1 Oled for that, it comes with no stand whatsoever.

Post edited by sniper_samurai on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I would completely disagree. I have had most of the xbox premium consoles and the series X is such a jump from the one X it's a big wow from me. It's incredibly quiet, the ssd is a huge improvement on the hd's in previous generations and that's before we get to the graphics, which are that much better as to deserve a wow on their own. 4K games on a 65" OLED are so immersive. Going from the One X to the s X feels like a two generation jump compared to previous cycles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I have to say, I think the 2 Ori games should be better console sellers than the AAA games MS make. What fantastic games these are. I'm on the last area of the second game, and I've enjoyed every single second of both. They remind me of the also excellent Dust: An Elysian Tale, and has given me a hunger for more beautifully crafted metrodivanias (open to recommendations!). I'm actually sad I'm about to finish the second one, because I just want more and more of this world. They deserve every bit of praise they get.

Never played them. So I might have to give them a try...

Currently playing Halo MCC. I'm on Halo CE(the first) Played the original version on the very first console and then replayed it when it was re-released for the Xbox 360 and now this version which is the best visually. So many Halo games in this MCC that I doubt I will play them all and then I have to play the new one too. So much Halo and not enough time.

I'm lucky that I never got into Halo. Tried the first one back in the day, didn't like it so avoided it since. I've a few games lined up to play, some Xbox exclusives I missed last gen and some cross platform games I had in my PS wishlist so plenty to be playing, but I will miss Ori.

Played the first, great game but hard AF. That Ginso tree, holy crap. Then the definitive edition came out and added a difficulty setting, but by then I had no desire to go back to it. Must give it a whirl again.

The Ginso did annoy me at first. I'm only playing on normal, harder modes are not for me most the time. But I had also completely missed a couple of trees before I got there so I was missing some abilities (I think, I got the dash second last and I felt like I should have got it near the start). Love the chase sequences, I found them to be the hardest overall, but only until you know the full course and what's coming. Don't think there's anything like the Ginso tree in the second one. Yet. The last area looks a bit painful. I highly recommend to return!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Happy new year folks! May 2022 be better than the last two anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm working through these too. Playing in order, I'm up to halo 3. Halo 2 has a nice update to graphics/etc that halo 3 doesn't, so you actually step back in quality between those games. I found the first halo (ce) a bit of a slog, especially as I started with reach which is a newer game so had better quality of life elements.

Determined to play them all before moving onto the new game though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The new Xbox documentary series on YouTube is quite good, funny how Rare gets zero mention in it, did they buy them just to hobble Nintendo ? They destroyed Rare regardless.

Xbox’s strategy for success seems to be similar Facebook of just aggressive accusations.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, they really brought Rare through some tough times. They bought it because Rare had a reputation of innovation more than anything else. A lot of the Kinect stuff, both hardware and software, flowed through Rare, so they played a huge part in Xbox history, even if they weren't releasing games.

They've turned it around though, the biggest Xbox game of the last few years is a Rare game, Sea of Thieves, and they seem to be allowed to do whatever they what in terms of development, which is the dream of most developers really.

And they now seem to have gotten their wish to release a Goldeneye remaster. A full achievement list complete with achievement icons and title card have popped up for Goldeneye on Xbox One. This is almost certainly legit as one of the two gamertags confirmed to have played it belongs to a Rare dev.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Has anybody had any issues connecting to WiFi with their Series X?

I’ve only had my Xbox wired directly to the router since I got it. However, I tried using it over WiFi and it will not connect. In fact, I’ve tried in two different houses and it won’t connect to the WiFi in either. All other devices work correctly in both houses. Anybody had similar issues and been able to resolve them before I get onto Microsoft?

Do you have an external hard drive connected? For some reason that could cause wifi issues with the One X, not sure if that quirk has carried over to the series though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I haven’t had my external hard dive connected in a good few weeks so it’s not that unfortunately!

Something wrong on your end. I have always used a wifi connection for my Xbox's all the way since the 360, Xbox One, One X and a Series X no issues.

Played a bit more this evening and got to the damn flood section. I forgot that was in this game. I thought it only was in the second and later games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Shotgun will sort you out. Always a shotgun for the flood.

I'm past that section well the part where you first meet them. I just arrived on the covenent broken ship just now and said I will call it for the night.

The shotgun does work wonders for them alright. I don't know how many times I cleared out and area and the last one left has a rocket launcher and takes me out as I walk around a corner.

• Advertisement

I just remembered them damn ones that explode are really annoying especially in the section you first meet them. If one gets near you with out you realising it you are dead really annoying. I found if one did sneak by your radar jump away just as he explodes and it minimises the damage done to you.

Advertisement