Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headphones on public transport

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭billyhead

Cars are a terrible money pit. I sold my car years ago and cycle everywhere. I only take Public Transport on Sundays. I'm WFH which is great. My fitness levels are true the roof from all the cycling and walking. If you don't desperately need a car I would reconsider having one. You can sign up to GoCar aswell in card you ever need one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Andrew this isn't twitter, why do you ruin every topic you post in. It must really hurt you when people don't have the same opinions as you and your bicycle. Are you banned from twitter.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Usually it's adults I have witnessed at this. Thankfully I'm not on buses very much anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Was travelling on a long distance coach recently and a lady across from us was on Zoom to a friend for the entire journey with no earphones, talking away with the speaker on loud. No mask either.

Genuinely think some people are just thick stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Yeah, it's awful when those facts get in the way and ruin a topic. If you've a problem with my posts, try reporting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I was on a train to Cork a couple of years ago, and like many a tale here, this wan was roaring into the phone for what seemed like hours. She was a few seats up, and those around her were sighing and rolling their eyes, myself included.

Anyway, when the call ended thank god, I mooched up to use the toilet and with great courage I said to the woman "Well thank you for sharing your mad inconsequential life with all of us....we don't give a sh!t, so have a bit of respect and lower your voice next time", and walked to the toilet a bit flustered, but I did it. To my amazement a few claps happened, and there was no more roaring out of her.

I am not confrontational, but I saw red that day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Genuinely think some people are just thick stupid.

I agree. And there are quite a lot of people who literally seem to think that there's no need to take notice of their surroundings, or take notice that there are actually other people around them. Another example of this - those who barge around supermarkets, busy shopping centres or streets. It's as if they expect everyone else to get out of their way, because they are so important. Or that they world exists only for them.

I was in Dublin City centre a few days ago, and as I walked down Abbey Street, I met a woman with three teenage girls, presumably her daughters. I think I was meant to flatten myself into the wall of a nearby shop so they could barge by. I didn't. Their surprise at having to give way very slightly to a person coming the opposite direction was almost palpable. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭corks finest

Yes this is a generation thing methinks, seemed less ignorant yokes about 20/ 30 years ago

ill always open a door , offer a child, aged or woman a seat, but I noticed a shift in general manners years ago , gone to the dogs at times,

I always give way in paths etc but stubbornly refuse to be up against a wall to let any group pass if they take over the path etc without even acknowledging your existence on the SHARED path,

I’ll stop and wait until one of them cops on and moves over, then I’ll thank them hoping at least one of them may think differently in future

I mooched up to use the toilet

we don't give a sh!t,

I might have held off with that admonishment, at that particular time, just in case things didn't pan out.. 😂 Might have waited for the walk back meself..

Fair play to ya all the same... Likely I'd have said nowt 😃

• Advertisement
Advertisement