Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran concert

• 25-12-2021 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭

Hi folks can anybody help me with what are the best seats for the croke park gigs next year please? I can’t figure out if the stage is facing a certain way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It's an in the round gig, so the stage will be on the middle of the pitch and either Sheeran will move around or the stage will rotate, it seems there'll also be a stage in front of the hill, so for your necks sake, 306-309 or 328 to 330. Or if you can get front row in the upper sections of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

There’s no good seats in croker it’s too big

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Ah yeah I know! I’m bringing my son to his first concert as he’s mad into Ed Sheeran so just want it to be as good as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

For that homicide of Raglan Road he just committed on Jools Holland, I'm having this gig cancelled.

Seriously, I will raze Croke Park to the ground to stop it.

• Advertisement

Yep I dunno what that was all about. Especially the gazing lovingly at the girl singing with him! Who was she?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ed aint the brightest.

It was supposed to be a New Years Eve show and he blurts out that he just checked his phone and Ipswich were losing at Barrow.

That match occurred on Dec 15th, I honestly couldn't believe that they left it in the aired show.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Going to this Gig on Saturday but tickets still are not available to download on the ticketmaster app on my phone. Anyone else having this problem? Ticketmaster customer support is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

do you have the option to request code? then you'll get a text and they'll unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

Being dragged on Sunday to see the bould Ed... Need to park over towards Fitzwillam Sq / Merrion Sq direction for the day. Is it still free street parking around there of a Sunday or is that long gone??

• Advertisement

Not sure of that exact area but you’ll find free parking close enough to it on a Sunday, maybe down around grand canal street which would be closer to Croker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭markc1184

6 of us going on Saturday with myself as the lead booker. With how things are now with ticketmaster and tickets is it best to leave all tickets on my phone to scan or distribute them to the other 5. We will all be going in together anyway. Or do they actually check that the lead booker is present like they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I received a parking pass for the disabled car park.

Coming in from M1 so will any of the roads be closed?

Check the lead booker, lol, for 80k people.

Nope, there wont be any checks, there never are.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Really appreciate any info from anyone heading tonight on parking and start times. I'm heading in tomorrow night with two kids so I'm considering driving

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoy everyone going tonight and over the tour

Apparently the stage is never before seen and configured for each venue

Yeah it’s gonna be a late finish so driving home would be ideal

Forecast looks good

Pricey enough for parking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Saw him on Wednesday night in Vicar. Amazing. That's from someone who only knows the songs that would be on radio, TV etc. He seems so genuinely humble.

I'm kinda getting itch fingers here now for Croke Park. It's only down the road from me.

If anyone knows of anyone stuck with tickets cause of last minute drop-outs, cant get rid of it and willing to take a nominal amount for it, I can roll up there at any time, given a half hours notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

seems from adverts etc. that there will be a lot of tickets going to waste for it, in the same boat as above would like to go as just down the road but couldn't pay 100 odd for it.

Reckon you’d get them last minute for €50/60 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

it sort of looks like no one went back to update their ads looking for face value etc, prob end up in the bin.

If you see ads on the likes of adverts at this stage I reckon they’ll take anything rather than lose out altogether but be very wary of rip off merchants, check their feedback

Walked home with castle on the hill blaring from croker, whatever your feelings about Sheeran or his music, hearing 80000 people losing their minds to live music is a special feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭flasher0030

It was amazing gig. The second hour was very special. I'll be looking out for another ticket for tomorrow.

Got one for €30 in the end. Actually got 2 tickets for that, but couldn't use the second one. It was really last minute. But that was through a lot of messages and perseverance. There are lot more tickets available on adverts for tomorrow so will be easier to get one.

He has a song Bloodstream, which is brilliant live.

Thats the problem with all the restrictions Sheeran places on tickets.

They are nigh on impossible to sell or give to people so loads go to waste.

He also release lots close to the event, you should never buy a ticket for him in advance.

His stage looked decent enough , he spent a few bob on a decent setup, the stage he had for the last tour was diabolical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Question for anyone there tonight or familiar with Croker.

Im bringing my mam and brother to Garth Brooks and will be in the Hogan Stand. Her mobility isn't the best. Not wheelchair bound or anything, but walking anything other than a short distance would be a challenge. What are my best options to get her as close to the entrance as possible on the way in? I can drive, I don't mind being stuck in traffic and missing the start by dropping them in, but I'm guessing streets will be closed.

You'll get her as far as drumcondra train station before closures kick in, from there it's an 8-10 minute walk to Hogan stand. It'll be getting the car afterwards where there'll be a delay. Depending on where you're coming from I'd park along the dart line and hop the train afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Mermaidhair

Anyone at the gig last night know if they checked the lead booker tickets.I can't make it so I plan to give a screen shot of the ticket and my ID to my sister so that she can use the ticket. I'm hoping this will work?

Advertisement