Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.

Have we missed the reit boat

• 20-10-2017 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭ adam88

Have we missed the boat on reit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,196 ✭✭✭✭ super_furry

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 cork93

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭ scheister

i dont think so. the 3 reits are growing nicely. Green and Hiberna grew by 15% roughly in last 12 months Ires 36% in same period Figures from 3/11/16- 13/10/17. I see no reason why this growth will stop all 3 are investing nicely into future assets.

I believe a 4th REIT looking at primary care centres and nursing home is due to launch late this year early next year

• Registered Users Posts: 13 brenersar

what's your forecast for REITs for the next year or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭ delta_bravo

My general experience of investing in Irish reits (pre covid) is that they paid great wages and bonuses to themselves in a buoyant market while the share price generally flatlined. Sold up after a few years with little to no gains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ techman1

Reits have actually done well, you get your dividend cheque every year and some capital appreciation, much better than a deposit account or those special savings accounts (essentially just giving money to the government now) , none of the headaches of property investment, dodgy tenants and the risk that they will thrash your property or not pay the rent. Whats not to like about reits

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ transylman

Sounds about what I would expect from an Irish REIT. Did any of those generous bonuses translate into dividend payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,294 ✭✭✭✭ Mad_maxx

yes but REIT,s have failed to track the upward price gains in the on the ground property market , they arent really a substitute which isnt to say they are a poor investment , they are decent dividend payers

Advertisement