Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have we missed the reit boat

Options
  • 20-10-2017 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Have we missed the boat on reit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 cork93

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭scheister

i dont think so. the 3 reits are growing nicely. Green and Hiberna grew by 15% roughly in last 12 months Ires 36% in same period Figures from 3/11/16- 13/10/17. I see no reason why this growth will stop all 3 are investing nicely into future assets.

I believe a 4th REIT looking at primary care centres and nursing home is due to launch late this year early next year

• Registered Users Posts: 13 brenersar

what's your forecast for REITs for the next year or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

My general experience of investing in Irish reits (pre covid) is that they paid great wages and bonuses to themselves in a buoyant market while the share price generally flatlined. Sold up after a few years with little to no gains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭techman1

Reits have actually done well, you get your dividend cheque every year and some capital appreciation, much better than a deposit account or those special savings accounts (essentially just giving money to the government now) , none of the headaches of property investment, dodgy tenants and the risk that they will thrash your property or not pay the rent. Whats not to like about reits

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

Sounds about what I would expect from an Irish REIT. Did any of those generous bonuses translate into dividend payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

yes but REIT,s have failed to track the upward price gains in the on the ground property market , they arent really a substitute which isnt to say they are a poor investment , they are decent dividend payers

Advertisement